Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #1  

DrRed

Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST
I have 40 acres in NC mountains with 8-10 acres flat land to mow, a 1/4 mile gravel driveway to maintain, and food plots that require a trip up pretty steep logging roads with a mower or tiller. I also will get a FEL for hauling firewood and trash mostly. Is the Kioti too heavy to get up steep roads? Would I do better with the lighter Kubota?

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #2  
The CK30 will work good for you. I have the same size-weight tractor in a Mahindra 3215. These are excellent size-weight machines. Small enough to get in tight areas, and yet big-heavy enough to get some real work done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #3  
Good afternoon, Doc. My situation is similar to yours. I also live in WNC and am looking at either a CK30 or CK35 and the Kubota L3400/L3800. What kinds of prices have you found and what dealers have you talked too? We have a good Kubota dealer here in Marion and I have talked to a Kioti dealer in Blountville TN that has been real helpful. I hope to be making my decision soon.

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #4  
Is the Kioti too heavy to get up steep roads? Would I do better with the lighter Kubota?
Weight will not stop a tractor from climbing a hill, these little tractors will climb a vertical wall until they lose traction. If anything, you want the heavier tractor for steep roads as that means you'll have better traction. A lighter tractor might do it faster or in a higher gear but once it loses traction, it's not going anywhere.
Besides the 2hp extra on the Kubota, the Kioti is stronger pretty much all around. Stronger loader (1,155 lbs vs. 1064 lbs), stronger 3pt hitch (1,764 lbs vs. 1,300 lbs) higher output hydraulic pump (12.7 vs. 9.9), better warranty (4 yr vs. 2 yr), etc...

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200
gregfender:
I talked to Bobby Young in Spruce Pine. He's a Kioti dealer. I haven't talked to the Kubota dealer in Marion but I plan to. We haven't gotten to pricing yet. I'm still reading and asking questions. I would like to buy in the next month. Our place is in Huntdale, NC near Green MT., NC.

Bob

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #6  
I talked to Bobby Young in Spruce Pine. He's a Kioti dealer. I haven't talked to the Kubota dealer in Marion but I plan to. We haven't gotten to pricing yet. I'm still reading and asking questions. I would like to buy in the next month. Our place is in Huntdale, NC near Green MT., NC.

I went up to see a CK30 at Young's a month ago. Very friendly guy, but his shop was a little...well...interesting. lots of pieces of tractors...and even a helicopter lying around. His pricing was pretty good though. The Kubota dealer here in Marion priced a L3700 very competively...lot of local farmers here in McDowell county talk very highly of them for both sales and service. Let me know how your search goes!

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #7  
When it comes to what you are looking to do and the two different brands, both will do basically the same work. I believe most important is the dealer, are they close and do they provide good service. I have a Kubota and am looking to upgrade just not sure which orange it will be (DK45SE vs L4400). My personal concerns are:

Kubota - I don't like the owner of the local dealership and their service is mediocre.

Kioti - I like the dealer better but have no experience with Kioti's so the unkown is a concern for me. For example my '95 B20 has experienced minimal repairs in the 12+yrs I have owned it, e.g. starter solenoid was the biggest.

I say try both out and see which tractor fits and suits you best. Speak to the dealers, talk to their service guy/gal to build a relationship and of course, get the best price possible!!!

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #8  
. I have a Kubota and am looking to upgrade just not sure which orange it will be (DK45SE vs L4400).

The DK45se and the L4400 might be price competitive but the DK is a much more fully featured tractor and compares more to the L4240 (except for the tranny).

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #9  
The DK45se and the L4400 might be price competitive but the DK is a much more fully featured tractor and compares more to the L4240 (except for the tranny).

FYI, thats not really true. The L4400 is not an economey tractor, its basicly the L30 with a square hood. The L4240 is a way more advanced tractor than a DK.. the transmission is worlds appart.

...I forgive you for that one, your usually spot on with these. :thumbsup:

/ Kioti CK30 or Kubota B3200 #10  
MessickFarmEqu said:
FYI, thats not really true. The L4400 is not an economey tractor, its basicly the L30 with a square hood. The L4240 is a way more advanced tractor than a DK.. the transmission is worlds appart.

...I forgive you for that one, your usually spot on with these. :thumbsup:

You obviously know the details. I thought the L4400 was related to the economy L series like the L2800 and therefore more a competitor to the Kioti DS line. As I noted the Lxx40 series has a different generation HST from the DK but what are the other significant differences between the Kioti DKse line and the Kubota Lxx40 series. I thought they were similarly featured (at roughly equivalent HP sizes).