Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #1  

Kiotikarl

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti ck30 gear
Hi guys
I need some advice on buying my next tractor:drool:, looking for the ck20s or the kubota 2320. Both will have the HST tranny, loader, backhoe (maybe, still have to convince my wife:confused2:) box blade, and a snowblower.(front or rear haven't made up my mind yet. Never had a front snowblower before.)
I will use the tractor mainly for snow removal, and maybe doing a couple of jobs with the backhoe/loader in the summer. I need something smaller than my CK30 and DK45se, so it will fit into my 5x10 dump trailer. Pulling the CK30 with my 18 feet flatbed kinda leaves my little Ford Ranger grasping for air in a long drive:laughing:

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #2  
Hi guys
I need some advice on buying my next tractor:drool:, looking for the ck20s or the kubota 2320. Both will have the HST tranny, loader, backhoe (maybe, still have to convince my wife:confused2:) box blade, and a snowblower.(front or rear haven't made up my mind yet. Never had a front snowblower before.)
I will use the tractor mainly for snow removal, and maybe doing a couple of jobs with the backhoe/loader in the summer. I need something smaller than my CK30 and DK45se, so it will fit into my 5x10 dump trailer. Pulling the CK30 with my 18 feet flatbed kinda leaves my little Ford Ranger grasping for air in a long drive:laughing:

They are comparable tractors, for sure. I have good local Kubota dealer support around here, and an almost total absence of Kioti so my choice was made for me. I'd certainly lean toward the dealer who was more down to earth and had a solid reputation. To me, that would influence me more than anything. The Kioti is likely heavier and some say it feels a touch underpowered because of it. The B2320 won't feel that way, but to be honest, it needs more weight. I'll be filling my rear tires soon.

As for the blower, they are expensive. I just push the snow with the FEL and clean up with a $300 rear blade. I'd be hard pressed to justify a blower, by way of price, as I sure could use one, but hey! You only live once.

I gotta tell you, that I too own a Ranger, and I do NOT tow anything that heavy. You'll get some static about towing a heavy tractor on an 18 ft trailer with a Ranger. I might not have shared that part. :laughing::laughing:

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #3  
I was all prepared to defend the honor of the CK20S until I read that you will tow the tractor with a small truck. I might lean towards the Kubota just due to the lighter weight. The other advantage of the Kubota is the three speed HST. Of course the Kioti has a stronger loader and would be a better platform for a BH.

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst
I was all prepared to defend the honor of the CK20S until I read that you will tow the tractor with a small truck. I might lean towards the Kubota just due to the lighter weight. The other advantage of the Kubota is the three speed HST. Of course the Kioti has a stronger loader and would be a better platform for a BH.

Please defend the honor of the CK20S:thumbsup: Nevermind my truck it's used to being overly abused:laughing: The manual says i can tow 5800lbs and my trailer weighs in at about 1400lbs,and yes the trailer has brakes:D The only complaint i hear of the CK20S is that it's only 2 speed hydro. How to you like yours? Any break downs?, what i want is something reliable, either dealer is 2.5 hr drive away.

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #5  
My CK20 TLB was totally reliable and a real workhorse. I'd buy another if I needed that size again. My only real complaint was the absence of a middle range for the HST and that was an issue only with mowing on less than flat areas. I don't understand why Kioti doesn't go to a three range HST but the tractor is near perfect otherwise.

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #6  
Any break downs?, what i want is something reliable, either dealer is 2.5 hr drive away.
450 hours over the last 5 years working my CK20HST to the bone and not a single problem. This little tractor is tough as nails and amazingly powerful for it's size. The backhoe and loader almost seem too strong for the tractor as a full load in the loader can lift the back tires without rear ballast and the backhoe will pull stumps and rocks until the tractor is dragged into the hole. :thumbsup:
If something were to break, the Kioti also has a longer and better warranty that even covers the loader and backhoe which Kubota doesn't.

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #7  
For your location a front blower would be a nice option. Your wife might enjoy a heated cab as well.

The middle range is ideal for a blower or any pto work as well as just getting things moved as you can do most digging in the mid range so while transporting loads you can reduce the throttle and sip fuel.

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #8  
For your location a front blower would be a nice option. Your wife might enjoy a heated cab as well.

The middle range is ideal for a blower or any pto work as well as just getting things moved as you can do most digging in the mid range so while transporting loads you can reduce the throttle and sip fuel.

Hey Art, welcome back to the Kioti forum. Nice to see we can agree on the HST issue at least.

As noted earlier, I just don't understand why Kioti has been slow to make the change. Their major competition is Kubota and the B series is now all 3 speed/range HSTs. If I were a Kubota dealer (like Art) I would be beating up on the CK20 because of this and it would be justified. There are certain situations, like mowing in sloped areas, where a middle range is simply necessary. Kioti clearly has 3 speed HSTs in their line up and I doubt the manufacturing costs are all that different. If they have a replacement for the CK20S up their sleeves they are being exceedingly secretive about it and I suspect they do not. So why don't they stick a 3 range hydro into the otherwise perfect CK20?????

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #9  
"you will not be disappointed, more weight, all iron parts*, more lift capacities than most of the competition in the hp class. Do your maintenance by the book (buy the service manual too) and your repair cost will be zero(except for your oopses!!!) Ask a Kioti (or Bobcat) service mgr how much warranty work they do compared to other brands they carry.
BTW , awesome price , I paid $15k for mine used with 47hrs on it in 2004, list was $20k at the time.
* go to JD or Kubota forum and search for broken trans and axle threads.!"

I agree on the 3spd range, the ONLY other advantage of Kubota would be the front blower and a factory cab. But other than that they cant touch a CK20.

/ Kioti CK20S hst or Kubota B2320 hst #10  
Hey Art, welcome back to the Kioti forum. Nice to see we can agree on the HST issue at least.

You know I didn't even get to the right hand side to see who's brand it was under! I just read the heading on the post on the left and saw the Kubota when I stopped reading the heading.

Would they get a totally objective critique from Kioti owners?

Maybe I should look at the two a little closer and we could put the Kubota rear end into a Kioti?

Last edited: