Buying Advice Kioti purchase vs. Kubota?

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #1  

MountainMomma

Bronze Member
Tractor
None yet
So... we have 40 new acres to tame (mostly open and somewhat hilly). We're going to be mowing, mostly, initially. A little grading, transporting stuff around the farm. Someday, cows.

Anyhoo, acting on advice from this forum, I hoofed off to drive compact tractors at two dealerships, shopping for both dealers and tractors. I talked to one salesman who said he'd sold/driven tractors for 40 years. He pointed out that the similarly-priced (NON-financed) 35 hp new models differed in one significant way: the Kioti was 1/3 heavier. He said that would make a difference to me on hilly ground: less chance of slipping.

My biggest problem with Kioti is the financing thing. We might be able to put it all up front, but I'd rather not. SO... Kioti costs $3,500 more if you finance it; Kubota costs only $1,000 more. Hmmm.

What do you all think?

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #2  
Just curious what the two models are that you are looking at?Any salesman can make his product seem better than another.

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #3  
are you comparing model for model ?. you know...similar HP units.

I test drove similar HP models of Kioti and Kubotas before i chose the Kioti.

Mind you i paid all cash, so its not the same thing your looking at. Right now Kioti is offering FREE loader with CK & DK purchases (at least thats what there offering here).

My Kioti dealer offered me a great all cash price, and the total tractor was significantly cheaper then the Kubota (They only offered $500 off for all cash). I liked both units, and my choice was made from a purely financial standpoint. I would have loved to get the Kubota, but the deal wasn't there.

If you are forced to finance, then the bottom line will be the final...financed price to be sure. I agree the Kioti was a heavier tractor and had a greater lifting capacity than the similar sized kubota. The heavier weight is great for flat land.....but can be a detriment in heavy wet clay, soggy land. Might play **** on lawn. My DK45 lifts my gooseneck horse trailer (aprox 1,700 - 1,800 # at gooseneck) like it isnt even attached. i have to really feather the control. amazing lift capacity.

I have a cab unit, so I'm probably more top heavy than an open station tractor, so i opted for rear filled tires...glad i did.

Theres an add in my local paper that states "Kioti CK/DK35 models are now offering FREE loaders......" the ad just appeared in todays paper. Maybe you should check other dealers in the area. Im not sure about the 35 series, but the KL401 loader for my tractor costs $4,999.00

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #4  
When you buy using these low intrest or zero intrest programs the dealer has to contirbute a small % torwards the buy down to the finance company, plus with the Kioti free loader program the loader is free in lieu of finanacing. So if you finance you have to pay for the loader. Sounds like Kioti dealer is quoting you the FEL at his cost if you finance. May want to look into getting your own financing for a portion of it, then deal in CASH OUT THE DOOR.

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #5  
are you comparing model for model ?. you know...similar HP units.

I test drove similar HP models of Kioti and Kubotas before i chose the Kioti.

Mind you i paid all cash, so its not the same thing your looking at. Right now Kioti is offering FREE loader with CK & DK purchases (at least thats what there offering here).

My Kioti dealer offered me a great all cash price, and the total tractor was significantly cheaper then the Kubota (They only offered $500 off for all cash). I liked both units, and my choice was made from a purely financial standpoint. I would have loved to get the Kubota, but the deal wasn't there.

If you are forced to finance, then the bottom line will be the final...financed price to be sure. I agree the Kioti was a heavier tractor and had a greater lifting capacity than the similar sized kubota. The heavier weight is great for flat land.....but can be a detriment in heavy wet clay, soggy land. Might play **** on lawn. My DK45 lifts my gooseneck horse trailer (aprox 1,700 - 1,800 # at gooseneck) like it isnt even attached. i have to really feather the control. amazing lift capacity.

I have a cab unit, so I'm probably more top heavy than an open station tractor, so i opted for rear filled tires...glad i did.

Theres an add in my local paper that states "Kioti CK/DK35 models are now offering FREE loaders......" the ad just appeared in todays paper. Maybe you should check other dealers in the area. Im not sure about the 35 series, but the KL401 loader for my tractor costs $4,999.00

My experience was similar to grsthegreat's but I was looking at a DK35 HST vs an L3540 HST. The Kioti was significantly cheaper and I got the price down a bit more because I was also dealing on an essentially equivalent 2010 Bobcat CT335 with 9 hours on it.

I believe the Kioti free loader event is for CK series and the DK35 only (not larger DK's). But Bobcats have a free loader event on for their entire compact tractor series.

Good luck with your search.

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota?
Just so you all know:the specs were from manufacturer flyers, and the Kioti salesman pointed out the difference. Specs from flyers and prices offered:

Kioti is a DK 35; Hydro + loader: $19,200 cash/ 22,800 financed. Tractor weighs with ROPS and AG tires 3,668 lbs.

Kubota: last year's model (last one left on the lot, so last year's price, or so they say): $L3700HSD + loader: $17,500 cash/ $18,500 financed. Weight w/ROPS: 2568 lbs.

JUST noticed in writing this: Kioti has tires in this weight listed; Kubota doesn't. Hmmm.

FWIW, prices for these were quoted as well:60" rotary blade bush hog for Kioti is $1452; for Kubota is $1700.

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #7  
Just so you all know:the specs were from manufacturer flyers, and the Kioti salesman pointed out the difference. Specs from flyers and prices offered:

Kioti is a DK 35; Hydro + loader: $19,200 cash/ 22,800 financed. Tractor weighs with ROPS and AG tires 3,668 lbs.

Kubota: last year's model (last one left on the lot, so last year's price, or so they say): $L3700HSD + loader: $17,500 cash/ $18,500 financed. Weight w/ROPS: 2568 lbs.

JUST noticed in writing this: Kioti has tires in this weight listed; Kubota doesn't. Hmmm.

FWIW, prices for these were quoted as well:60" rotary blade bush hog for Kioti is $1452; for Kubota is $1700.

The DK35's features are much closer to the Kubota Lxx40 (Grand L ?) series. The L3700 is more basic.

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #8  
He wants to get last years Kubota off the lot. The DK35 is a much more substantial utility tractor is going to suit your 40 acres much better. The Kubota is a smaller tractor, and has a noticeably shorter wheelbase. Much shorter than the Kioti CK series even. The ride will be much rougher. This is not really an apples to apples comparison. Personally, I would choose the Kioti.

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #9  
I am a newbie here also, so I am no expert by any means. I researched both orange brands for months before making a decision. I didn't even know there were brands other than JD and Kubota before reading these forums. I also shopped all the dealers in Harrisonburg as you mentioned in your other post. I bought the Kioti because of the cockpit comfort and standard features that were options on Kubota. I also found out that many of the New Holland dealers in this area are picking up Kioti to fill the void because of New Hollands production cut backs.
The features that sold me on Kioti were the rear control and telescopic arms for the 3 pt, pedal position and seat adjustability (i am 6-3), tilt steering, standard rear drawbar, standard cruise control, etc. Loader and 3 pt lift capacity. The quick detach bucket on the loader also seems to be a plus, so you can easily switch to a bale spear or pallet forks.
As far as price, I would be more aggressive in you offers. Send me a private message and I will tell you what I was quoted and what I paid. They also loaded the tires , installed a tooth bar and tow hooks on the bucket for no labor charge. You can never have to many places to hook up a chain or rope.
By the way, I bought a DK45SE HST. The price difference wasn't all that much in the dead of winter. No regrets what so ever.

/ Kioti purchase vs. Kubota? #10  
The original pricing on the Kioti seems pretty fair to me. On another note, you could ask your dealer about standard rate financing (without losing the free loader) at 5.99%. You could than finance the unit at the Cash Price with the Standard Rate. I am not sure if the USA has the same Standard Rate as Canada has, but I know for May it is locked in at 5.99% for up to 84 months.

As I tell all of my customers, make sure you compare Apples to Apples and you will see which machine is the better one (even if it isn't the product/model/brand I am selling). In most cases it ends up being a Kioti/Daedong product.