bobcat/kioti

/ bobcat/kioti #1  

jda1961

Gold Member
Tractor
1978 ford 3600, 1964 ford 4000 rowcrop
a kioti dealer told me that kioti will no longer be suppling bobcat with tractors. its mc cormick now.

/ bobcat/kioti #2  
Actually, the Korean maker will supplying all three, with Kioti being a wholly owned division of the company. AFAIK

/ bobcat/kioti #4  
anything to get a sale....

I agree, I have heard more negative comments about Bobcat from Kioti dealers and their regional reps than from even online.

I just think they are very unprofessional and lacking in responsibility.

It would make me steer away from Kioti in the future.

I am almost sorry I even looked at them before I bought the Bobcat

/ bobcat/kioti #5  
ive never heard any neg about bobcat from either of the 2 dealers in my area. Guess it depends on the sales men. If i believed any salesmen .... id never be driving anything. They all say the competition sucks,.:laughing:

/ bobcat/kioti #6  
One of my nephews was a car salesman for quite a few years at a very large and respected dealership (200 employees). My nephew said that there were some very underhanded people in the auto sales business and after a while he just didn't feel good about being a car salesman. He started his own small contracting business and is not making a lot of money but is much happier now.
I am sure there a lot of good salesman too, but like other things it only takes a few to give a lot a bad name.

As for my Kioti dealer in Ocala Fl. they have always treated me great and been extremely helpful even though I bought my tractor off of an individual.
Of course I have never asked them what they think of Bobcats. :)

/ bobcat/kioti #7  
Before I bought my DK35 HST this spring I dealt with Kioti, Bobcat and Kubota. All three were excellent, pointed out their strengths, and did not bad mouth the competition. Bobcat and Kubota mentioned the depth of their organisations and brand recognition, but not in a threatening way.

However, when I was started looking last autumn I spoke with a different Kubota salesman and mentioned I was also considering Kioti. He said that was a terrible idea. When I asked "why?" he said: "cheap steel" and then said they are a "Mom and Pop operation".

That salesman is no longer with the local Kubota dealer and the one I dealt with this spring was excellent, as were the Kioti and Bobcat dealers. When I made the Kioti deal I informed the Bobcat and Kubota salesmen and they expressed good wishes.

I got the feeling from all three that it is not only about money. They want to supply a good machine at a fair price and run successful businesses.

/ bobcat/kioti #8  
I forgot to mention it in the previous post, but the biggest help in my tractor research were the postings here on TBN.

/ bobcat/kioti #9  
I remember my Kubota salesman telling me that i would regret buying a Kioti as it "may look good now, but will fall apart quickly".

I told him that i have been studying info on the Kioti online for several months, and i never heard that. I asked him how he came by this info, and he told me its widely known. This was from a salesman at a different lot from where i test drove some open station units. He was the only guy that had a cab available to test drive.

The other dealers only suggested that parts might be hard to come by. I don't believe this for a minute.

/ bobcat/kioti #10  
Kioti is growing and they have a very nice and well built product. Of course many salesmen are going to badmouth competiton, no matter who it is.

I think Kioti is becoming a threat to other dealers and brands. No it's not cheap steel and it is not a "mom and pop" operation. They are growing and are a legitimate brand in the market.