Price check. DK40Se HST

/ Price check. DK40Se HST
PM sent.
thanks

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #12  
I agree that price is very high. I haven't priced the DK40seHST/KL401 since I bought mine in Sept 2007 but I paid just about $18K delivered. I am aware there have been several price hikes since but still have a hard time believing prices have gone up that much in the past 3.5 years.

At the time I bought mine, the Kubota L3940 would have cost me about $4000-5000 more.

Follow up to earlier post. Was becoming seriously interested in the Kioti but received this quote today. Seems way high from what I'd been seeing here.

Thoughts?

DK40SE Hst. with R4 Tires, Loader, Quick Att Bucket $30,400.00 minus $3500.00 Rebate(Expires 6-30-11) Total $26,900.00 Plus Tax.

This is $900 more than the Grand L 3940 with similiar equipment, (optional rear remote).

Wanted to clarify since the quotes were on the high side and help others if possible. After sitting down with the dealer it looks like I can get this tractor and 401 loader for 25000 or so and then $3500 off until the 30th so it would run me 21,500 for cash or 5.4% financed and I belive he will come off a little more from here. This is a tractor coming in later in July so it is post the April price increases. Thanks

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #14  
That is more like it. In general a DK40se with loader should be at least a few thousand less than the discounted Kubota L3940 with loader.

Final offer on the Kubota 3940 ended up being $25,500 so the difference for me was about 4K between the DK40 and the 3940 when it was all said and done. Going to sleep on it but think I may go with the DK45 he has on the lot for 21K. It's a pre-price increase hold over. Anyway, I'm tired of chasing my tail and dreaming about tractors. Going to either pull the trigger by Thusday or wait until next Spring. Either way... will quit worrying you folks soon by either posting pics of a new ride or going into hibernation until next Spring.

Thanks

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #16  
All three are excellent tractors. There is no wrong choice.

Folks, Just found this post on the squaling transmssion issue.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...176565-dk40se-squeal-when-moving-reverse.html

I hate it for all these owners. In fact, it's probably going to costs me money and I don't even own the tractor as it is impacting my purchase decision. At a minimum I don't feel comfortable buying this minute and the $3500 credit goes away in two days. At worst I may go to a more expensive tractor now. Sheesh. Good luck to everyone working on this. There are some really tractor savy folks involved. RJ

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #18  
I would be honest to tell you that out of all the orange and white ones I have sold, I have never experianced that problem.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #19  
I am one of the owners with this problem. I can assure you the problem is real. With that said I would still recommend this tractor to a friend. If I were given a do over knowing the squeal existed, I would be a proud owner of a DK40SE. This is a great tractor and this squeal does not affect all of them. Kioti knows about the problem and are working towards a solution. I am confident they will take care of all of us when they find it.

If you are uncomfortable because of this single problem I invite you to read through the other brands forums. I challenge you to find a brand or model without any problems. Afterall this is partly how I started looking at the Kioti and Bobcat line. If you are still uncomfortable maybe you can get something in writing from the dealer.

I am one of the owners with this problem. I can assure you the problem is real. With that said I would still recommend this tractor to a friend. If I were given a do over knowing the squeal existed, I would be a proud owner of a DK40SE. This is a great tractor and this squeal does not affect all of them. Kioti knows about the problem and are working towards a solution. I am confident they will take care of all of us when they find it.

If you are uncomfortable because of this single problem I invite you to read through the other brands forums. I challenge you to find a brand or model without any problems. Afterall this is partly how I started looking at the Kioti and Bobcat line. If you are still uncomfortable maybe you can get something in writing from the dealer.

No need to challenge. I understand all products...not just tractors...are subject to problems. My brother has a 4320 John Deere that is one month out of warranty and is now leaking oil about right about the middle of the tractor. On the other hand, I was feeling rushed anyway due to the June 30th deadline on the incentives. I'm probably going to miss a good deal and it may cost me money later but I'm hesitant now based on this problem. I'm going to think about it but just hate it because I had pretty much cancelled my visit to Mahindra this weekend and told the Kubota salesman of my plans. Going to sleep on it one more night.
RJ