Price check. DK40Se HST

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Follow up to earlier post. Was becoming seriously interested in the Kioti but received this quote today. Seems way high from what I'd been seeing here.

Thoughts?

DK40SE Hst. with R4 Tires, Loader, Quick Att Bucket $30,400.00 minus $3500.00 Rebate(Expires 6-30-11) Total $26,900.00 Plus Tax.

This is $900 more than the Grand L 3940 with similiar equipment, (optional rear remote).

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #2  
Seems rather high to me. What state are you in? Should be more in the mid-20's I think.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST
NC. What seems odd to me if the fact its $900 priced higher than a Grand L Kubota 3940 with R4s, loader and quick attach. Not what I expected after all I'd read on this site concerning price and value of this model. Others seem to be paying several K less.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #4  
all I can say is to call all over the place. I received wildly different quotes for the same machines when I was doing my search a few months ago.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #5  
Does it have a Cab? The price sounds OK if you have a cab but too high if it is just the tractor.

Does it have a Cab? The price sounds OK if you have a cab but too high if it is just the tractor.

No cab, although I was priced a DK45HP Cab, Gear W/Shuttle,R4 Tires, Loader W/Quick Att Bucket @ $29,500.00 minus $3500.00 Rebate(which expires 6-30-11) Total Price $26,000.00 Plus Tax.
So the bigger DK45 tractor plus a cab, minus the HST for $900 less than the DK40SEHST.

What does the "SE" add to the tractor top make such a difference. I'd think the caab was 5K os so and the HST another $1500. Something seems out of whack...

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #7  
The HST/ hydro-stat trans are like a manual vs. an automatic in a car- automatic is always more money.
Have whichever dealer you buy from decipher the date code from the serial number. The year sold determines the year, BUT the serial number lets you know which year the tractor was built in. Also, if the below hood panels are grey then it's an earlier model than if they are black- the latest color change in the series. I believe the color change was in 2010.
Financing or not will effect the price you are offered too.
And, don't forget that the KIOTI has a 4 year warranty; I can't speak to what the Grand L has.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #8  
That still sounds too high. A sample price for a DK 40 HST/ldr. in my area (IN)
would be a little under the 23K range , until end of month.

I wonder if you and the dealer have models confused.

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone know if Kioti had the free loader program on the DK40Se HST or not earlier in the year? That might explain the price difference if the program recently expired. Or the dealer may just be high. Not many in my area which is one reason I'm leaning toward the Kubota even though it has somewhat less performance in some specs.

/ Price check. DK40Se HST #10  
Sounds real ( several thousand) high to me. I know there was a price increase April 1, but I didn't know it was that much. I wanted to order the same tractor in Febuary, but I got an awesome deal on a DK45SE HST instead. I guess the dead of winter is a good time to buy. Send me a PM and i'll tell you exactly what I was quoted on the DK40 and what I paid for the DK45SE.