DK40SE or GL3940

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #1  

gavinfred1

Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3540 hydro
New member question...After a month of looking at tractors I have decide either on the Kioti DK40SE or the Kubota GL3940 Hydro. I think both would be fine and the Kubota is $3K higher with both having FEL's and a Landpride RCR1872 cutter and also added rear hydraulics to Kubota. Price isn't the driving issue but would be nice to save the $$$. I have 90 acres with 70 acres of woods and 20 tillable that I have farmed for me. Tired of doing things the hard way and have lots of trails to clear up. Any insight would be appreciated.

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #2  
New member question...After a month of looking at tractors I have decide either on the Kioti DK40SE or the Kubota GL3940 Hydro. I think both would be fine and the Kubota is $3K higher with both having FEL's and a Landpride RCR1872 cutter and also added rear hydraulics to Kubota. Price isn't the driving issue but would be nice to save the $$$. I have 90 acres with 70 acres of woods and 20 tillable that I have farmed for me. Tired of doing things the hard way and have lots of trails to clear up. Any insight would be appreciated.
I had the same choice a few years back kubota grand L 4240 or the Kioti 40se.The kubota was $7000 grand more verses my kioti DK40se.The koiti loader lifted more weight.IMHO the koiti was more heavy duty built verses the kubota 4240.I now have over 250 hours on my 2008 kioti Dk40se and can say I am very happy to this point.coobie

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #3  
I looked at the kubota's in 2004 before i bought my ck 30 and this year I bought a dk45se cab and did'nt even look at Kubota or price them . You won't regret buying a Dk they have good power and work nice.

/ DK40SE or GL3940
Thanks for the info and please keep it coming. I am on the fence about which one too get. I think if the money was the same I would like the Kioti better or at least equal. I think the only hang up I have is will Kioti be here in 5 years?

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #5  
Thanks for the info and please keep it coming. I am on the fence about which one too get. I think if the money was the same I would like the Kioti better or at least equal. I think the only hang up I have is will Kioti be here in 5 years?
Do a web search and see how long kioti has been in business.I am sure they will be in business for quite some time.

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #6  
Kioti has been here at least since the '80s. They are gaining a little market share every year. I don't see them going anywhere.

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #7  
Gavinfred1,
I was in the same boat you're in on these models. Have you driven them at all? I really wanted the GL3940 but after I drove it, I found the DK much more comfortable to operate. I didn't like the way I had to turn my foot to operate the GL's HST pedal. This is an odd question but how tall are you and how long are your legs?

I saved b/w $4500 & $6000 (b/w the 3 different Kubota quotes) by buying the Kioti DK40SE HST. You'll love the rear 3pt control when it comes to hooking up your attachments!!!

The DK is heavier and it out performs the GL3940 where the FEL is concerned!!! Another point is that the Kioti warranty is longer than the Kubota.

I asked 2 different Kubota dealers about the "Auto-HST" feature.....other than being a really "cool" feature, what was the benefit of it, outside of fuel economy, they both admitted it was just a really "cool" feature. Not worth the extra $$ in my mind.

Don't get me wrong, the Kubota is a great product but for me, the Kioti was the best bang for the buck!!!

I have 5.5 acres and I'm helping out my father-n-law clean out a fence line right now @ his place (on Saturdays) and I used my pallet forks this past weekend. WOW!!!! It was amazing the crap I picked up with the forks!!!

Anyhow, hope this helps and good luck!!!!:D

/ DK40SE or GL3940
gkh7890,

I am 5'-9" average build. I did have some concern with the single pedal on the Kubota. Maybe concern is the wrong word but it did feel a little unnatural to rack back to go in reverse but it was very smooth and not jerky at all. I haven't driven either machine long enough to know if I like/dislike the single pedal on the Kubota or the two on the Kioti. For me hydro is a must and won't condsider any other way. As far as the FEL capacity difference, it blew me away how much greater the Kioti is in comparison to the same size top of the line Kubota? Thanks for the post, they are all helpful and I will be deciding soon, I have wore out the decision process and need to pull the trigger on one or the other.

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #9  
I have used John Deere twin pedal HST's since they came out and still have two, while I prefer the Kubota L40 pedal, it isn't by much. My father in law put his new John Deere into a pond when he first got it, but adapted to it quickly and liked it.

Using the brakes to steer on a Kubota has been an issue with some, so take how you will be using your tractor into consideration.

One of the men who rents one of our farms did some levy repairs yesterday with his JD4610 on a hill side with very little room. He could have done it with my Kubota, but it would have been a lot harder.

Both are good tractors.

Yes Kioti has been in business a long time, but in some areas dealers come and go, so that may or may not be a consideration.

I drove VW's for years, but there are no local dealers, so I now drive something else; don't guess any of us can predict the future.

/ DK40SE or GL3940 #10  
With Daedong being Kioti's parent company, Kioti won't be going anywhere. They are a very large and established company, since the 50's. The Kioti brand has actually been in the US since the late '80s. At first they went through a distributor which didn't prove too successful. Later they started direct and then established the USA division in the late '90's. Early on they struggled w/ a successful dealer channel but over the years, they have been working to improve that. Even most recent (last few years), they are adding better and more professional dealers. Those however are hard to find in some areas.

Don't worry, Kioti isn't going anywhere and as long tractors sell (and people buy), the dealers will be there to. Support your dealer and Kioti.