Tractor
    Kioti ck25hst

Default First TLB, Kioti ck25 het

Good evening, all.
    Just purchased our first CUT, a 2007 Kioti ck25 hst with 241 hours. It seems in good shape, save a dented hood, and we bought from a reputable NH and Cub Cadet dealer. I have operated backhoes a little bit in my 52 years, but not much, more packing machines on ski hills (Thiokols).
    I don't know much about CUT, so how do you feel about $15300 for my rig, delivered to the ferry landing? And what should I watch for, maintenance and use-wise?
    Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti 20 HST ancient Rhino traded in

Default Re: First TLB, Kioti ck25 het

Have you already bought and paid for it? If so, why check the price just use it and enjoy it.
    Weren't Thiokols originally Bombadiers? Is Tucker Snow Cat still in business? I worked ski areas during my misspent youth 40-45 years ago.
    ck20 hst - QA KL120B FEL - KB2465 BH W/16"bucket and Thumb, Rear Snow Blower. Post hole digger, Pallet forks, 3pt log splitter.

Tractor
    Kioti ck25hst

As for why I check, it is somewhat compulsive, I guess. I know so little about tractors, I am curious. It also gives me a better feel for my dealer.
    Unless something happened since I worked in the business, Thiokol was not part of Bombardier. The main brands, when I was in it, were Bombardier, Thiokol, and Pisten-Bully. Thiokol were most popular in Washington State.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Price seems about right depending on type of backhoe, how it's plumbed, and other options. The cost would easily be close to $20K new, and sans the hood dent, you are getting a nearly new tractor.

Watch the filters from underneath. Branches and rocks can break them off.

Make sure all bolts are tight on the backhoe. Loose hardware can put undue strain on rear end of tractor.

If you have the remote kit for the backhoe, get a loopback hose to connect the rear remote ports together if you ever take the backhoe off. This will prevent inadvertent actuation from damaging your pump.

The tractor is quite the beast for digging work. Enjoy and be safe.