Kioti/Bobcat 'deals'

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #1  

bruceha2000

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra HST 1533-TLB
Kioti is showing a 'up to' $4,500 rebate on the DK35SE HST, but only through the end of this month. Given I won't own the property we are buying until then or a couple of weeks later, I figure I shouldn't be buying any tractors until the deal is done.
Bobcat has a 'up to $3K or a free snow blower' (front or rear? I don't think it says. I do NOT want a rear) through the end of Oct. The timing on this is better but no info on which snow blower one would get.

Owned by the same company but the Bobcat site has a 'build and price' so you can see what you are getting in to. (A CT335 with turf tires, 'free' snow blower, mid and rear PTOs and cab adds up to $29K :( ) Koiti doesn't seem to offer that same REALLY GOOD feature so I can't compare what they want for the 'same' machine.

- Does anyone know if new 'deals' tend to pop up after the last one goes away?
- Do the tractors get cheaper when it gets later in the year?
Best to grab them at the end of the month/year like car dealers so they can make quota?
The economies of the entire world are in the toilet and they might come down to make some sales?
etc

$29K is a lot of money, not even an FEL and I would still have to add attachments (starting with a flail mower in the spring) as the seasons change until I have the full set I eventually need.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #2  
The Free snowblower is the blower of your choice that is listed to fit that model. In this case a 72" front blower, lift kit, & PTO kit. You will need to add (buy) the mid-point pto tractor option. Destination charges, setup fees, & local taxes are not included.

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #3  
Kioti has deals every month and often just continues the same deal. The end of the month deadline is BS in practical terms though any particular deal (eg snowblower) might disappear. Sometimes it is a rebate, sometimes free loader etc.

Check out the DK40se before you commit to the DK35. Same basic horsepower but a much stronger loader and bigger axles/tires etc. Nothing wrong with the DK35 but the sweet spot in the Kioti lineup for price vs performance is clearly the DK40se.

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #4  
I think the $4500 bonus is incorrect. It is 2500 on the 35 and $4000 on the 40 - 50. Yes the program ends the end of the month but it has been in effect since end-June when they actually increased the bonus' on the DK 40's-50's and kept the
free loader program on the CK's that came out end-Feb.. So they have been out a while. Programs change w/ all manufacturers. W/ Kioti, typically the programs will decrease or not be as good in the fall/winter. There are no "quotas" at least for the dealers. I'm sure the companies have goals for certain periods but they change programs based on seasons, sales activity and sometimes for a particular product (UTVs)or series, as well as how much inventory may be on hand both at company and dealers.

So it is always a gamble for the customer when approaching a program end-date.
But remember, there has been plenty of time, 3-4+ months.

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #5  
That sounds high for a CT335. In my area currently, a DK35 cab w/ ldr is @ 26,000.

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #6  
Bobcat has been running a deals of lower price for cash (about $2000 iirc), "free" piece of equipment or attachment (about $3500 equivalent), or 0%,72 month financing. At 6.5% from the bank for personal loans for 6 years, that works out to almost $10,000. I'd go for the finance option and keep your nest egg in the bank for emergencies, and just use it to make the payments over the period of the loan.

Kioti looks like they have similar arrangements; although personally, I think the Bobcat ones are sweeter.

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #7  
Why not buy it and have the dealer hold it for you until you close on the land?

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals'
That sounds high for a CT335. In my area currently, a DK35 cab w/ ldr is @ 26,000.
The price is from the Bobcat configuration web page so it might not be reflective of actual 'local' cost.

Are equivalent models from these two 'brands' REALLY the same thing just in a different color? That would make it easier to get a 'best price' since they are sold by different local establishments.

And, is there any online site that will give me a 'configure and price' for the Kioti? I don't know any tractor makers specific value though the Kioti does seem to have a number of nice 'standard' features.

Thanks,
Bruce

/ Kioti/Bobcat 'deals'
Why not buy it and have the dealer hold it for you until you close on the land?
Mostly because I don't really know what I NEED yet. This wasn't in the 5 year plan until 5 months ago. If it were, I would have been here years ago, at least lurking, learning about the various kinds of tractors and their capabilities/weaknesses.

I didn't even think about land maintenance until quite recently and of course each property has its own needs.

Some we looked at were 100% forest, some 100% field. Some long driveway, some 2 car parking area. Some with barns, some without. And everything in between. :) You are 'looking' at a guy who mows 600 sq ft of lawn (when I get around to it, there is more shade than sun and more weeds than grass) with a push reel mower and shovels < 500 sq feet of driveway, 2/3rds of which is covered by 2 cars over night!!

I have IDEAS about what I will use a tractor for on the property we are buying, and was hoping to get a "one does it all" - lawn, snow blowing, maybe some field and forest work, planting fruit trees, putting in fences. That might be unreasonable but I'm trying to keep costs down.

Without any prior knowledge or planning, I am drinking from a fire hose here!!

Last edited:
   / Kioti/Bobcat 'deals' #10  
Are equivalent models from these two 'brands' REALLY the same thing just in a different color?

Owned by the same company but the Bobcat site has a 'build and price' so you can see what you are getting in to.

Bruce, the two tractors come off the assembly line in the same factory but are not sold by the same company and are not quite identical.

Kioti is owned by a Korean company - Daedong Industrial Co., Ltd. Daedong builds both the Kioti line and the Bobcat line.

Bobcat is not owned by Daedong. It is owned by Doosan Group, also Korean but a completely separate company.

There are some differences in the two lineups, but they are close enough that comparing prices and discounts is still valid.

In my case, I started looking at all the brands; Kubota, MF, NH, JD, TS, Jinma, etc. Kubota, Kioti and Bobcat made it to the short list of CUTs under consideration. Any of the 3 would have worked well and made me smile. Kioti had the advantage of better dealer than Bobcat, and much lower price than Kubota, and came with a "free" FEL, adding to its discount.