Buying Advice New 2011 CK30

/ New 2011 CK30 #1  

dustinfox

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I'm trying to decide on a new tractor (my first tractor). Got a price from the local dealer on a new CK30 (manual shift) with FEL for $16,300. Fair price? Are there any options/accessories I'm gonna wish I had asked for if I do buy it?

Thanks!

/ New 2011 CK30 #2  
i have the exact same tractor but a 2010 bought in October 2009. Don't know bout the price since i'm a canuck, but i love my ck 30. Things i had installed before delivery; Metal canopy top, 2 rear remotes, 2 extra lights for the front and one in the back, skid-plates, R-1 tires (althought now i wish i had R-4s)
What i have recently added in the past 2 months; KB2475 BH with bigfoot pads, Diverter kit on the fel, and presently working to make a cab.
Good luck with your purchase:thumbsup:
KK

/ New 2011 CK30 #3  
a couple of months ago my Kioti dealer had a new CK30 with a hydro transmission and FEL with a tag that said 13,500. I didn't ask him what year it was. I had my CK20 there for a repair and tried to get my wife to go sit on the CK 30. She wasn't the least bit intersted so I didn't ask any questions about the tractor. It was as Novia Indusries in Ocala Fl. You might call them and ask about it.

/ New 2011 CK30
a couple of months ago my Kioti dealer had a new CK30 with a hydro transmission and FEL with a tag that said 13,500. I didn't ask him what year it was. I had my CK20 there for a repair and tried to get my wife to go sit on the CK 30. She wasn't the least bit intersted so I didn't ask any questions about the tractor. It was as Novia Indusries in Ocala Fl. You might call them and ask about it.

Good info thanks!

/ New 2011 CK30 #5  
DF, great tractor, but think long and hard about the gear. I am hands down sold on Hydro as my CK30 was hydro and my Dk40 is too. Between the two I racked up almost a thousand hrs(560 now on the DK) & will never go back to gear or even shuttle. Before you buy do you self a favor and go drive a hydro around, back & forth, simulate loading with forks or bucket. I think you will be surprised at how much easier and faster you can get things done with a hydro....not to mention your left knee will thank you later.

/ New 2011 CK30
DF, great tractor, but think long and hard about the gear. I am hands down sold on Hydro as my CK30 was hydro and my Dk40 is too. Between the two I racked up almost a thousand hrs(560 now on the DK) & will never go back to gear or even shuttle. Before you buy do you self a favor and go drive a hydro around, back & forth, simulate loading with forks or bucket. I think you will be surprised at how much easier and faster you can get things done with a hydro....not to mention your left knee will thank you later.

Thanks MotorSeven.... Does it depend at all on the terrain where it will be used? or the type of work it will be used for? Also, is there some loss of power due to the fluid dynamics as opposed to a mechanical link?

I can see where constantly working a clutch would be pretty annoying though. Now I need to think more.

/ New 2011 CK30 #7  

Have to agree that Hydro works very well. Sure glad I got it on my CK35, for what I use it for the shift model would have been a real pain. :)

/ New 2011 CK30 #8  
$13,500 doesn't sound right for a CK 30. That's the price for a CK20 currently.
In my area, a CK30 hydro w/ ldr is in the upper 16's. Don't expect that 13 range at all. He's losing a few thousands if that is at all true.

/ New 2011 CK30
$13,500 doesn't sound right for a CK 30. That's the price for a CK20 currently.
In my area, a CK30 hydro w/ ldr is in the upper 16's. Don't expect that 13 range at all. He's losing a few thousands if that is at all true.

Thanks! Should I assume that a gear shift model would be about $1,000 less?

/ New 2011 CK30 #10  
Thanks MotorSeven.... Does it depend at all on the terrain where it will be used? or the type of work it will be used for? Also, is there some loss of power due to the fluid dynamics as opposed to a mechanical link?

I can see where constantly working a clutch would be pretty annoying though. Now I need to think more.

Yes there is a small loss of HP, but mostly it behaves differently than a gear. Hydro's like rpm's, so guy's used to gear have to learn to throttle up. When a gear tractor comes up against an immovable object(like driving the bucket into a pile of dirt/gravel) it will spin all 4 tires. A hydro might spin some, but not aggressively and may just stop. This is normal, but it will teach you to go in easy, lifting and curling at the same time. I don't see that spinning the tires is a benefit, since once that happens all you are doing is digging 4 divots at the same time.
On steep terrain(and I have a ton of it) I can climb a steep hill in Med range with a load. I recently used a shuttle tractor 15 horses bigger than mine on the same hill(my driveway) with a load and I might have been able to go a mile or two faster than my DK. The shuttle & gear tractors seem to have much better ground speed for running down a mostly level road.

It's a personal choice, so if you can drive all 3...gear, shuttle & hydro, then make up your mind. For me, the hydro benefits out weigh the small negatives by a wide margin.

Yes, Hydro's are usually about a thousand bucks more when buying new.