Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #1  

Fastpitch

I have just purchase a 14 acre piece of property that we are planning on building a house on and I am looking hard at the CK series tractors. The land is gently rolling with 1 acre of woods and a 2 acre pond. I will be maintaining a 1,200 ft gravel drive, working a 1/3 acre garden and cutting about 8 acres of grass with the tractor. I want to use a 5' tiller for the garden, 5' box blade for the drive and the combination of a 5' rotary cutter and 6' finish mower or a Caroni 1900 flail for the grass.

I was looking at either the CK30 or CK35 HST but now the free loader program is only good for the CK27. The dealer said the CK27 would handle everything I wanted to use except for the flail mower and he said that he didn't have any experience with that type of mower. The difference between the CK27 and CK30 is now around $3,500 which would go a long way towards purchasing the attachments. Would the CK27 be "enough" tractor for what I want to use it for?

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #2  
I have a ck 25 and am very pleased with it. It handles my 5ft. attachments great. I use a rotary cutter so can not comment on the flail.At times I am impressed with what the kioti can do for its size.I like the industrial tires,they hardly do any damage finish mowing.It handles the loader very well,although it likes the front wheel assist engaged.I notice I do a lot of jobs with this size tractor and leave the bigger size tractor parked.Good Luck with whatever you buy,you will enjoy any brand you end up with.Just realize a compact tractor cant be expected to do as much/as fast as a big one.And above all enjoy your seat time in this Lovely fall weather.:thumbsup:

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #3  
Have you considered the bobcat equivalent?

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #4  
FP if you can swing the extra cash I'd go with the DK40SE. I have a hundred ac, but only tractor on about 15ac..the rest is sheep steep. I initially bought a CK30 HST and put almost 400 hrs on it, but I found my self wanting more loader lift capacity, so I traded up to the DK40SE HST. Huge difference in loaders....1100 lbs lift compared to 2600 lbs and it does everything I ask and having that extra foot of cutting width is nice too. I'm in the mid 500 hrs on the DK and am pleased with it.

Think about it, because if you decide to trade in a few years like I did, you will take a $ hit. However, when I bought my CK the HST was not available in anything bigger, so when the DK HST came out I was done...I knew it was the perfect tractor for me.

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor
Thank you for the replies.

I have considered a Bobcat but the only Bobcat dealer in my area stopped carrying the tractors and I have a Kioti dealer that has a good reputation only 15 miles away.

I am not worried about trading up to a larger tractor because we are in the middle of downsizing and the boss says this is the last house we are going to build. We have sold our cows and are in the process of trying to sell a larger tractor, equipment and our land. We realized that there are not enough hours in a day to work a full time job, raise cattle and make it to our children's beauty pageants, plays and softball, baseball and football games.

I still wanted a place that was large enough to require a tractor because I still need my hobbies and there is something therapeutic about that seat time on a tractor. A CK would be the smallest tractor that I have ever owned and maybe I am just doubting how strong a CK27 actually is. Everyone is telling me that I will be pleasantly surprised.

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #6  
It's not that the CK27 isn't an awesome tractor; I think my 25 is. You just might get more tractor by looking at BC. It rubs me the wrong way a bit for them to only offer the incentives on the CK27. But, hey, I guess they are trying to move specific inventory. You won't go wrong with the CK27. Just realize it's not a big ol brute utility tractor that you may be used to.

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #7  
You might get away with it but that one or two times a year you want more out of your tractor you might regret not buying a bit larger. The loader is used so often I would really pay attention to those lifting capacity numbers.

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #8  
You are doing enough PTO work that I would be leery of the smaller hp tractor. CK35 would be the tractor for me. Run 6' PTO implements without worry. The 27 may be priced right, but what good is it if it won't do the job that you need it to do and you end up making smaller cuts due to not enough HP. :(

Just my :2cents:

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #9  
I have just purchase a 14 acre piece of property that we are planning on building a house on and I am looking hard at the CK series tractors. The land is gently rolling with 1 acre of woods and a 2 acre pond. I will be maintaining a 1,200 ft gravel drive, working a 1/3 acre garden and cutting about 8 acres of grass with the tractor. I want to use a 5' tiller for the garden, 5' box blade for the drive and the combination of a 5' rotary cutter and 6' finish mower or a Caroni 1900 flail for the grass.

I was looking at either the CK30 or CK35 HST but now the free loader program is only good for the CK27. The dealer said the CK27 would handle everything I wanted to use except for the flail mower and he said that he didn't have any experience with that type of mower. The difference between the CK27 and CK30 is now around $3,500 which would go a long way towards purchasing the attachments. Would the CK27 be "enough" tractor for what I want to use it for?

Are you sure about this? I am in the same position. Trying to decide between CK27,30,or 35 and the "free loader" program still applies to all three. I just need to call him back and let him know which one I want. What price were you quoted on these?

/ Will the CK27 be "enough" tractor #10  
I think the dealer is correct, mostly. I would feel better with more tractor for the dirt work you plan and a larger tractor will also make the mowing easier.

The CK27 is big enough to do it. A larger tractor will do it easier.

I would like a 40-50hp tractor for regular use like you describe, maybe even bigger if the area it will be used is open and easily to maneuver cause there will always be something you would like to do that you didn't think of today. Yard and tight spaces are the biggest reasons not to go bigger (other than price of course).

I have a 37hp tractor and it can do everything I want to do, but I have found that a bigger tractor would deal with clearing these small groves of trees faster than I can do at present. Worth an extra $5k to me? No. I have more time than money and can go slow, but if I had more money I would have more tractor. :D