Kioti vs TYM

/ Kioti vs TYM #1  

Morgan1965

I've been trying to decide between a CK20HST and a CK27HST. I have a one acre flat lot on which I'll be building a house. The tractor will be used for pretty elaborate initial landscaping (placing lots of boulders, building a large waterfall, moving driveway pavers on pallets, etc) and then used mostly for snowblowing (front snowblower and cab). My thought has been that I'd want the bigger, heavier, more powerful CK27 for all my initial work and then the CK20 would be perfect for snowblowing (cheaper, more maneuverable).

I stopped at the dealer today (sells Kioti and TYM) to get quotes for the 20 and 27. He pushed the TYM 233, 273, and 293. Says that they're very comparable to Kioti and snowblower and cab are each about $1,000 cheaper than Kioti. I haven't driven anything yet, but I sat on the TYM 293 and both Kiotis. The Kiotis were much easier to get on and off of. Also, I noticed the TYM has two side-by-side HST pedals compared to Kioti's single rocker pedal. I should have price quotes on all three in a few days.

Anyway, does anyone have any opinions regarding TYM vs. Kioti?

/ Kioti vs TYM #2  
I like the short wheelbase and HP to size of the TYM's. Especially like the T273. I seriously considered them when I bought. In the end I went with Kioti though (CK25) because I wanted a digger and their weight is a big advantage for that.

I think the CK20 would be your best choice. Though you wouldn't be making a mistake with the TYMs either. But, I don't think you need something as big as a CK27. The CK20 loader is just about as powerful, and it's plenty for snowblowing. But, I wish it had the HP that the similar sized TYMs have. If doing a lot of mowing, I might be leaning more toward the TYM.

/ Kioti vs TYM #3  
I have the little larger TYM T330hst and I really like the two pedal hydro. When I need to back up the tractor I turn and look to the right and my foot pivots on the platform. Then I push the reverse pedal with my toe just like when I am going forward. I have been very happy with my TYM and hope to buy a little larger one with a cab next year. I will still keep my T330. I just have some jobs that I could use a little larger tractor for.

/ Kioti vs TYM #4  
From the research I did when buying 8 months ago, both brands are good quality tractors.
The market is different over here but I went with the Kioti as it had a more established dealer and parts network and the price was quite a bit lower.

/ Kioti vs TYM #5  
Look at the Bobcat CT122 or CT225 same as the Kioti CK20 and CK27
If you buy very quickly..before the end of the month, you can get a :eek:free front mount snow blower! Almost a $6,000 dollar value:drool:

/ Kioti vs TYM #6  
Welcome to TBN.

I own a CK20 and I'm not sure how heavy a boulder or pallet of pavers it could actually lift. That said, I'm concerned a 27 would be too much machine for a single acre lot once the literal heavy lifting is done.

Is it possible for you to rent a machine? No matter which manufacturer you choose, you might find yourself in this situation.

Regards,
Zxyrthe

/ Kioti vs TYM #7  
I was torn between the CK20HST & CK27HST. I ended up with the CK20 w/loader & have been very impressed with it's power/performance.

/ Kioti vs TYM #8  
Between the loader and the backhoe 3 ton plus rocks are no problem with the CK 20. You may have to drag them out of a hole with chains. but they can be moved.
Oak stumps on 12-14 trees take a little time but they come out. You may not be able to lift them, but you sure can move them around, and knock the dirt off of them, before you pull them out of the hole.

The CK 20 is a monster for its size, don't underestimate what you can do with it.

/ Kioti vs TYM
I appreciate everyone's help.

So I think I've decided against the TYM. That leaves me still undecided between the CK20s and CK27 .... and now the Bobcat counterparts.

The Kioti dealer is 3 miles away. I just found a Bobcat dealer 20 miles away.

I still haven't gotten quotes from the Kioti dealer. If the 27 is quite a bit more money than the 20, I'll probably go with the 20 and use the extra money to rent when I need to and to invest in extra implements. I'm thinking about a grapple bucket for moving boulders.

So my next question is about Bobcat vs. Kioti. Are there any differences besides color?

Thanks again for all the help.

/ Kioti vs TYM #10  
Go with the CK20. For one acre it is all you'll ever need. CK27 would add nothing significant and is less maneuverable.

I had a CK20 I used to clear and maintain about 3 or 4 acres. It did a great job. I only traded up when I took on clearing another 10 acres. Still miss the CK20.