Comparison DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643

/ DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643 #21  
Thanks again for all the advice.

Ok just for the heck of it I did some numbers on what the DK gives you over the DS, some prices are an educated guess, taken from this thread and some others are just who knows guess (not sure how to put a cost on a few things). Again for the heck of it, I am not set in what model as of yet, you all are giving me some very good points to make the right choice.

Ok with all said, what I see that is on the DK and not the DS.

Trans, 12x12, 4 more gears, lets say $500

Rear remote... $500

Glow plug timer $75

3pt
crank leveling adjustment. $300
Telescopic lower links kit. $200
Telescopic stabilizers kit. $100
Rear lift control (rod used to control 3pt lift from behind the tractor), say $50

Driver position.
Seat. $500 (taken from a post here)
Tilt wheel. guess $200
Driver position FEL stick. Who knows, but it was a $400 option on my 1533 6 years ago, so I will go with that price.
Electronic 4x4, guess $300 (I would bet much higher)
Electronic pto, guess $300 (I would bet much higher)

I'm sure there is some things I have missed, but just wanted to see what is there on a DK over the DS on added options. So we are looking at round about $3,400 from the list I made above. I am not trying to justify going to the DK over the DS, I just did some numbers to see where this extra $4,000 (per the my dealer) could come from on the DK cost over the DS.

I am going to drop by the dealer tomorrow to get his "quoted" price on the DK, I already know the price for sure on the DS (posted already), this way we know for sure on the price, I am also going to get a quoted price on the Massey 1635 and 1643 in 12x12s and skid steer bucket (as close as I can get for a good comparison to the DK/DS), but I would have to assume the DS should be less then the 1643 and maybe a close run to the 1635 (but being the 1635 is less in HP, that's not a good comparison over a 41hp DK/DS and I wouldn't pay the same price on the 1535 for 6 hp less).

I think you are being generous in your estimates. The seat for example (I believe I was the one who quoted $500) that "upgrade" price was based on a false assumption that the DS seat was not comfortable. We have several posts from users and a dealer who state it is as comfortable as the DK seat.

Some of the other "upgrades" such as tilt wheel and automatic position on the PTO switch are hard to value as they cannot be purchased aftermarket. If you really need them you need a DK but if you don't then why bother even pricing them out.

Based on your estimates for upgrades, I would imagine, having lived with a DK for four plus years, that I would probably invest about $1000 maybe less to pimp a DS up to DK. Not much more. I'd do the telescopic 3PT links, a couple of rear remotes (probably $600 while an extra for the DK would be about $350). I'd skip the 3pt crank adjustment and just go to a hydraulic top and tilt. That would cost the same as to add it to a DK40 so I wouldn't add that dollar amount. Same for a top canopy, I'd add it to both tractors.

The only downside to the DS that I can really see is if HST is a priority. That is a non starter if you need HST but I cannot imagine that 8x8 is so much less flexible than 12x12 and the other features are things most people can live without if they are trying to maximize the bang for the buck in work capability rather than just wanting a fancy new tractor.

/ DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643
Gotta IslandTractor, points well taken.

/ DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643 #23  
I have an 8x8 transmission and, for my needs, have yet to go pass low range 4th gear. The tractor is not licensed for public roads where the high range would be important.

Don't forget to factor in that tool box.:laughing: There have been a lot of posts from Kioti owners wanting to fabricate a replacement to the plastic one that, I understand, is on some other models.

/ DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643 #24  
Ok just for the heck of it I did some numbers on what the DK gives you over the DS, some prices are an educated guess, taken from this thread and some others are just who knows guess (not sure how to put a cost on a few things). Again for the heck of it, I am not set in what model as of yet, you all are giving me some very good points to make the right choice.

Ok with all said, what I see that is on the DK and not the DS.

Trans, 12x12, 4 more gears, lets say $500
Don't forget the DK also has a syncronized transmission (shift on the go) and I believe the DS is contant mess (stop to shift).

/ DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643 #25  
Don't forget the DK also has a syncronized transmission (shift on the go) and I believe the DS is contant mess (stop to shift).

Freudian slip there Vince. Constant mess?? :laughing:

Synchronized tranny would be a plus I agree. However, an awful lot of tractors have run perfectly well without them. Again, some folks will want HST too but it still seems that the 8x8 manual non syncho tranny would satisfy a lot of users.

/ DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643 #26  
Don't forget to factor in that tool box.:laughing: There have been a lot of posts from Kioti owners wanting to fabricate a replacement to the plastic one that, I understand, is on some other models.

I took your advice. I removed the wimpy toolbox from my DK40se and am going to fabricate a larger replacement. The original is steel but only about 16 inches by 5 by 5. Not much room for anything but a few wrenches and pins. Lots of empty unused space on the rear mount area so I am going to weld up a 24x7x8 replacement. I do like the basic construction of the factory toolbox so I will copy it. I may also try to work in some sort of chain storage behind the rear seat.

Oh come on now, now I have to add a toolbox to think about, geez ;)

Wont make it to the dealer today... Friday next chance I have, hope he will be open on the holiday.

Ok guys, came back from the dealer and this what I have for exact numbers.

DS4110HS... $17,800
DS4510HS... $19,250

DK40SE 12x12... $25,400
DK45SE 12x12... $27,440

All I have to say is WOW on the price difference on the DS and DK, it goes without saying there is no way I would go for the DK over the DS for those prices. The DK45 was $100 more then the price of the Massey 1643.

So with all said, if I go with Kioti it has to be the DS, just trying now to see if it is worth the extra $1,450 for only 4 more extra HP with everything else being the same.

Then I have a extra problem given to me, he just had to show me 2 used Masseys...

1st was a 2007 451 with 500hrs, 2 remotes, Shuttle trans, FEL, 60" bucket AND grapple, he wants $15,000 serviced and delivered. Its not to clean but its all there, the owner used it for tree clearing (business).

2nd was a 2007 573 repo with 1,100hrs 2 remotes, sunshade, everything else seem to be std, he wants $15,000 and would add a New Bush Hog FEL with Skid-steer "66 bucket serviced and delivered for about $21,000. The tractors life was pulling a round bale, looks like it was taken care of better then the 451.

I know the 2 used tractors have nothing to do with the Kioti, but being that I was thinking of making money with what ever tractor I get, well they both seem to fit in my search.
I added pics of the used Masseys just so you give them a look, being this is the kioti forums maybe most really don't care to hear about the Masseys, just thought I would share... I am going to give them a post over at the Massey section to see what they have to say about them.

Attachments

• 451.jpg
    451.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 573.jpg
    573.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
   / DS4110HS or DK40SE or even a Massey 1643 #29  
Is it common to use a 2wd farm tractor to clear land for a business down there? It looks pretty good in the picture but it got to have taken some abuse!
I guess if you can get away with a 2wd in your area then you might as well save some money.

Is it common to use a 2wd farm tractor to clear land for a business down there? It looks pretty good in the picture but it got to have taken some abuse!
I guess if you can get away with a 2wd in your area then you might as well save some money.

Yeah, 2 wheel is fine with AGs and even better if you have a diff lock for a "just in case". This is one of those cases the pic makes the 451 look better then it does in person and I agree some abuse I'm sure.