Buying Advice kioti dk75 vs kubota and others

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #1  

kubotachief

Tractor
kubota b2910
As a long term owner of several Kubota tractors I have been looking very hard at the Kioti tractors. IMO Kubota's are not as great as I once thought. They are light compared to other brands, the paint fades after one year, very basic tractor that carries a heavy price tag. I have had several problems with my M7040 and it is very frustrating. A dealer dropped off a new Kioti RX6010 for a week for me to try. All I can say is "what a nice tractor"! ( I wish it had a hydraulic shuttle) I think it is a little small for me so I plan to test the DK75 next. I have compared weight and specks of the tractors and the edge clearly goes to the Kioti. They seem to be well built and I can honestly say I cant see why I would pay the extra for the Kubota, JD,CIH, or NH.

Is there anyone who has a DK75 that has some hours on it? If so whats your experience?

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #2  
I have not read any posts on the 75...but wow 3,749 lift capacity......wolfwolf!

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #3  
I don't count weight as a plus unless it is in the right place for the right purpose. I've seen over weighted tractors have axle seal problems as well as breakage and it doesn't normally happen in the first five years although I have seen it it most often happens later when it comes out of the once proud owners pocket.

We like to balance our tractors so that the customer gets a well balanced unit capable of doing a good days work with a reasonable cost. Ideally we like to look first at what the primary purpose of the tractor and weight accordingly not only for the fuel use but for tire wear as well as overall tractor life. As one farmer once told me of two like tractors, one loaded to the brim and the other one not, the light one is a far better ride, like a cat, the other like an elephant. Yes the one could out pull the other, but it was the least desirable tractor to use all day and the hours on them told the story! This is unique as few people might be fortunate enough to have two like tractors.

I see you have noted the hydraulic reverser as a plus for the Kubota so maybe they are still ahead of the game!

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #4  
A local gas station owner has had Kioti's for 10 years, trading every 3-4 years. Last one was a DK75 that only stayed 6 months before it was gone. MF 5400 series replaced it. I haven't had time to ask what the problem was.

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #5  
Also check what type of clutch each tractor has. I think the Kioti has a dry clutch which isn't ideal. Maybe the competition does too though?
Anyways I like the bit of extra weight on my Kioti, it doesn't feel awkward and allows me a bit of extra safety margin when moving bales on my slopes.

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #6  
I thought the bigger kiotis were wet clutch???

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #7  
The DK75 is a hydraulic wet disk

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #8  
I've never owned a Kioti, but came really close about 15 years ago. It was down to a Kioti ? (forgot the model) and a JD 855 and although I went with the 855 I really liked the Kioti. Just looking at some of the specs the DK75 is a really heavy duty tractor. Wish that dealer was still around as they've switched to Branson now and the next closest is about an 1.5 hours away and really don't like that, otherwise I'd probably had one:thumbsup:

EDIT: I'd like to add that I too find it more and more difficult to pay more for the bigger brand names Kubota, JD, NH then to save a bunch of money and get an equally nice tractor.

Last edited:
   / kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #9  
I don't count weight as a plus unless it is in the right place for the right purpose. I've seen over weighted tractors have axle seal problems as well as breakage and it doesn't normally happen in the first five years although I have seen it it most often happens later when it comes out of the once proud owners pocket.

We like to balance our tractors so that the customer gets a well balanced unit capable of doing a good days work with a reasonable cost. Ideally we like to look first at what the primary purpose of the tractor and weight accordingly not only for the fuel use but for tire wear as well as overall tractor life. As one farmer once told me of two like tractors, one loaded to the brim and the other one not, the light one is a far better ride, like a cat, the other like an elephant. Yes the one could out pull the other, but it was the least desirable tractor to use all day and the hours on them told the story! This is unique as few people might be fortunate enough to have two like tractors.

I see you have noted the hydraulic reverser as a plus for the Kubota so maybe they are still ahead of the game!

A pleasure to hear a balanced (pun intended) view about weight on tractors.

/ kioti dk75 vs kubota and others #10  
A pleasure to hear a balanced (pun intended) view about weight on tractors.
:laughing:
I agree, nothing like a Kubota dealer to give you an unbiased answer in a Kubota vs Kioti thread...

I like weight, to me it means strength, longevity, and stability. Adding weights to a tractor NEVER feels the same as a solid tractor.

The Kioti DK75 has a dry disc CLUTCH and wet disc BRAKES.
http://kioti.com/products/tractors/tractors_view.asp?src_con1=DK75&src_con2=2
I don't know it compares to tractors but my motorcyles with wet clutches are pretty good but very dependent on a good oil and start giving up after a few hard launches. The dry clutch on my Ducati is amazing, it's a little loud but grabs perfectly everytime no matter how hard I launch it over and over again.