Loader for a LB1914

/ Loader for a LB1914 #1  

ACDNate

Tractor
None Yet...
I've been scouring CL for a little while looking for a CUT and stumbled onto a 2004 Kioti LB1914. Pics show no issues, 219hours with a 48" finish mower asking $5000.

I've got a decent amount of dirt work ahead of me on my 5 acres and really need a FEL. I see Kioti makes a loader for the LB1914, the Kioti KL1210. What I can't find is any information on pricing or difficulty of installation.

Can someone give me a ballpark idea of what's involved and what I can expect to spend on a FEL?

/ Loader for a LB1914 #2  
The KL130 loader, for when I bought it and my CK30hst, was 3.5K back in 2005. I would imagine yours to be about the same or a little higher with inflation. The hard thing is I don't think they still make the LB1914 or that loader. Your best bet would be to contact a Kioti dealer and see if it's still available. If not you may want to try: RHINO | Loaders Rhino makes good equipment and may have originally made the loader for your model.

/ Loader for a LB1914
Thanks for the insight. I suspected a FEL might rack up some $$$. Guess I'll stick with my plan of waiting for find one with the FEL already in place.

/ Loader for a LB1914 #4  
The LB1914 was discontinued in 2006.

In my opinion the Kioti 1210 FEL sold for it is underpowered. I don;t know if there is a better third party manufacturer. (On the other hand, the backhoe is GREAT!). I'd check to see if a better FEL is available (Rhino?) if I was planning much heavy work.

The installation is very simple, although I have never had reason to remove mine.

Crank

/ Loader for a LB1914 #5  
Per their website, a Hardy 25ST would fit, HARDY Welcome
I always liked their DL series for the mechanical self-leveling. Seemed simple, bullet-proof, and effective.

Also per their website, Allied models 95 or 195, Farm King - Front-End Loaders

Although you'd have to check with a dealer, chances are a Bush Hog 1045 would too, Compact Loaders 1045

Both Hardy and Bush Hog also offer backhoes.

I have no expereince with any of these; just thought I'd pass along the info.

/ Loader for a LB1914 #6  
The power of a FEL depends on the built-in pump (which you are stuck with), the size of the hydraulic cylinders, and the geometrics: you could change the latter, but more power = slower operation or higher RPM's, not a serious problem, given the foot-operated throttle.

I thought about putting larger hydraulics on mine, but I don't think the FEL is structurally strong enough to handle more power, and anyway the tractor transmission,does not have enough power to dig into compacted material: I loosen it up with the backhoe first.

(The Kioti backhoe comes with its own pump which runs off the PTO (2 speed), and has tons of power - in fact I have to keep the RPM's down to have good control of the hoe & prevent damage to the machine, especially swinging from side to side, which can be particularly wild). Wish I had a throttle control in the rear. I thought about fabbing one from time to time, but not worth the trouble, and no evident easy way to do it for a person of my mechanical ineptitude.

If you end up with a third party FEL, let is know what you buy, and how well it works, please.

Crank

/ Loader for a LB1914 #7  
Look for an aftermarket loader for the LB1914. The 1210 loader is no longer available from KIOTI. You may get lucky at a dealer that happens to have one left over, but we doubt you would have much luck. We sold our last 1210 loader several years ago and have done dealer searches since with no luck.

Bush Hog made a loader for the 1914, and possibly Kelly. It's going to be a tough hunt.

/ Loader for a LB1914 #8  
Servis-Rhino used to make the loader for the LB1914
You might try a dealer that carries them.

BTI