are daedong engines any good?

/ are daedong engines any good? #1  

chickenman22

Tractor
ford 7600, 3930,3550,3000,2000 kubota M5, Mccormick x10.50
I'm looking at a mccormick x10.50h and I know they have a daedong engine but I've never heard of them. Are they reliable? I've heard that mccormick is the same as kioti but know little of them...heck, never heard of them. Should I look closer to the mahindra line...or maybe nh or case?

/ are daedong engines any good? #2  
Daedong/Kioti is a Korean manufacturer that has been in biusiness since the late '40's where they started manufacturing motors and then moving into diesel engines and poer tillers in the 50's. In the later 60's they started into
tractors and for a brief time had an alliance w/ Ford tractors and Kubota.
They also make rice transplanters and rice harvesters for the Korean market.

Today they build over 10,000 tractors a year from 22-100HP under the names of: Daedong, Kioti, McCormick, Bobcat and Landini. They also build their own engines and also have a foundery where they produce their own castings and products for other companies including Kubota Hyndai (sp?) and Kia.

Their North American operations started in 1986 and established a NA headquarters in @1993 in Wilson NC. Today they are in a newer facility in Wendell, NC just outside of Raleigh. That facility supports the US and Canada.
Other Daedong divisions include Kioti Austrailia, Kioti Europe. There are more but I can't think of them.

Daedong/Kioti builds a very durable, reliable tractor and well designed w/ many features not found on the competitors. They are also very competively and offer a great value for the "buck". Also, they will out spec. the competition in wt. and loader lift capacity, especially in the DK series.
You will see on this site many satisfied customers that have had Kiotis for a long time and newer owners as well. I definitely recommend them.

/ are daedong engines any good? #3  
The current New Hollands are made by LS which is also a Korean company. However, LS builds the whole tractor so there is no manufacturing done by NH. As said above, Daedong builds there own. For what it's worth, many NH dealers have taken on Kioti because of not liking the new NH tractors and availability.

I can't say much about Mahindra because I don't know much about them.

/ are daedong engines any good? #4  
I ended up buying a landini, which as stated above is also made by daedong, after a lot of reading and asking questions. I have no personal experience with mahindra but they seem to have a good name for themselves on here also. I think your decision will come down to which one of your local dealers is willing to go the extra mile.

/ are daedong engines any good? #5  
I'm looking at a mccormick x10.50h and I know they have a daedong engine but I've never heard of them. Are they reliable? I've heard that mccormick is the same as kioti but know little of them...heck, never heard of them. Should I look closer to the mahindra line...or maybe nh or case?

My Mahindra eMax 22 has a Daedong Tier IV engine and is has been flawless.

/ are daedong engines any good? #6  
Kioti claimed that the tier IV engine in their NX series was engineered to run 20,000 hours before rebuilding in a company video.

My NX engine has but 185 hours and so I cannot verify the claim.

/ are daedong engines any good? #7  
you owe it to yourself to look at all brands in your area. Kioti is a great tractor, but so are other brands, like Mahindra, LS, etc.

Look at them all before you decide.