DS4110 vs DK40SE

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #21  
I will be doing mostly loader/backhoe, tilling, post hole drill and drawbar type pulling/skidding out trees, not alot of 3pt work other than that, what are the big differences between the 2 trannys? What do you think of the DS 4110?

If you are doing a lot of loader work that is where HST excels. Tilling no issue at all with any of these 40hp tractors. Same with post hole digging, those are just not tasks that really stress the PTO output. Skidding out trees would be a traction issue more than HP too.

I don't know what the price differential is but I've been very happy with my DK40se HST.

The HST transmissions are pretty close to bullet proof so long as you attend to filters and use decent oil. This is not new technology. Yes a replacement HST is expensive but that has not been an item that I recall any DK owner here on TBN has had to deal with either on or off warranty so it is not a likely problem. Yes a gear tranny is tried and true but you still need to split the tractor to do a clutch or any tranny work so the labor charges for service will not be cheap there either.

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #22  
Also I am probably going with a DK50SE hydro, I drove it and the tranny was much smoother than many hydros I have driven and it didn't have the whine noise or the jerkyness some have when letting off the pedal, they have one on the lot and the price is within 500 dollars of the 40 and 130 dollars of the 45 so may as well go with the big one for the cost and never worry about trading up :thumbsup:

Makes sense. I am surprised though that the DK50, 45 and 40 are so close in price. Maybe Kioti is finally pricing with some reflection of manufacturing cost which is nearly identical on all three. I don't think most folks have seen the price range that you were quoted though. $1000-$1500 between each of the models was common last year.

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #23  
Makes sense. I am surprised though that the DK50, 45 and 40 are so close in price. Maybe Kioti is finally pricing with some reflection of manufacturing cost which is nearly identical on all three. I don't think most folks have seen the price range that you were quoted though. $1000-$1500 between each of the models was common last year.

I wondered about that too.. maybe the dealer has had the 50 for a while, on floorplan and wants to move it?.. BCD, you better snap that thing up, I think that is quite a deal..for only $500 more..

James K0UA

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #24  
Well I went down and looked over the tractors today, it didn't take me long to decide the DS line wasn't for me, they had 4 of them on the lot and the fit and finish on them was horrible. I was surprised they let them out of the factory like that, the front of the tractor looked ok but the fenders looked like they had been through a roll over accident and hammered back straight as possible, then had a poor bondo job done and repainted, they were all wavy like restraightened metal and one was rusting rather badly through the seams of the fender. Also by the time I add rear remotes the price would be so close I may as well go with the nicer model to begin with. Also I am probably going with a DK50SE hydro, I drove it and the tranny was much smoother than many hydros I have driven and it didn't have the whine noise or the jerkyness some have when letting off the pedal, they have one on the lot and the price is within 500 dollars of the 40 and 130 dollars of the 45 so may as well go with the big one for the cost and never worry about trading up :thumbsup:
Surprised to hear about the poor body work of the tractors on that dealers lot. I can tell you the fit and finish of the many DS tractors I inspected have been the equivalent of other Kioti models.

I am sure you'll be happy with the DX 50. Congratulations

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE
I wondered about that too.. maybe the dealer has had the 50 for a while, on floorplan and wants to move it?.. BCD, you better snap that thing up, I think that is quite a deal..for only $500 more..

James K0UA

He has had it since December, he got it in his last order in 2011, he claims he got a 4% discount in 2011 due to his volume of orders so this tractor is priced at that discount, to order now he doesn't get the 4% and he claims there was another 4% or so raise in April of this year so for him to order in a 40 or 45 hp they would be 8% higher than the tractors he was able to get in before the first of the year, how true this is I have no idea, I am skeptical of most dealer talk.

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE
Surprised to hear about the poor body work of the tractors on that dealers lot. I can tell you the fit and finish of the many DS tractors I inspected have been the equivalent of other Kioti models.

I am sure you'll be happy with the DX 50. Congratulations

Yes I too was surprised, as a matter of fact I was quite disgusted that any company would let that fly. If I were to buy one of those it would either be at a good discount or they would be replacing the fenders.

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #27  
If you are doing a lot of loader work that is where HST excels. Tilling no issue at all with any of these 40hp tractors. Same with post hole digging, those are just not tasks that really stress the PTO output. Skidding out trees would be a traction issue more than HP too.

I don't know what the price differential is but I've been very happy with my DK40se HST.

The HST transmissions are pretty close to bullet proof so long as you attend to filters and use decent oil. This is not new technology. Yes a replacement HST is expensive but that has not been an item that I recall any DK owner here on TBN has had to deal with either on or off warranty so it is not a likely problem. Yes a gear tranny is tried and true but you still need to split the tractor to do a clutch or any tranny work so the labor charges for service will not be cheap there either.

Island,once again, I think you have put forward a very precise summary of the merits of either transmission. The only qualification I would make is that if you enjoy and are interested in repairing tractors yourself, then a gear transmission fix might be easier to undertake than a HST (comments welcome).

After working on my old Kubota for years,one of the selling points of my new Kioti was that it basically had the same design, and with a bit of help from TBN, I could be confident in repairing most things myself, learning a bit more about mechanics and also save some cash.

Then again, I'm retired with plenty of time on my hands (and never worked harder!)

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #28  
I just got back from lokking at mf 1533,bota l3240, and kioti dk35se. Liked them all about the same. While talking to kioti del he told me he had a "great deal on a ds4510" so i talked to him about it. R4s, quick attach bucket, loaded rear tires, shuttle shift, out the door taxs and all for $19883. this is a lot more tractor than i need, but i am still thinking hard about it. opions would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #29  
I just got back from lokking at mf 1533,bota l3240, and kioti dk35se. Liked them all about the same. While talking to kioti del he told me he had a "great deal on a ds4510" so i talked to him about it. R4s, quick attach bucket, loaded rear tires, shuttle shift, out the door taxs and all for $19883. this is a lot more tractor than i need, but i am still thinking hard about it. opions would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Ask him for 50 hour service and tooth bar.;)

/ DS4110 vs DK40SE #30  
Hes offering rear remote for $250 each and forks for $775.