DK loader control lever

/ DK loader control lever #1  

ddb123

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bad Boy MZ 42"
You know the loader control lever on the DK35 (maybe other DKs, dunno) that rides annoyingly into your thigh in curl mode? It's enough to give me pause about considering the DK models for purchase. Has anyone "fixed" theirs by modifying the lever in some way or replacing it with one of those crooked ones like on the CKs, Grand Ls, and probably every other tractor with an integrated loader control?

/ DK loader control lever #2  
I have kinda gotten used to it, but I will be following this thread with interest.. The only time it bothers me now is when my foot is on the reverse pedal. which of course makes you shift your leg even further to the right. All it would take is a "dogleg".. and they put one on the CK30.. :confused2:

James K0UA

/ DK loader control lever
Not as bad as the jerky 3pt, though eh? ;)

They got it right on the smaller tractors. It really is a wonder that they put a straight arm on the DK line.

/ DK loader control lever #4  
Not as bad as the jerky 3pt, though eh? ;)

They got it right on the smaller tractors. It really is a wonder that they put a straight arm on the DK line.

It doesn't make sense to me, but apparently it doesn't bother most people, as I don't hear much conversation about it. Yeah the hitch is a bunch smoother, and the rear control to use when hooking up is great, as well as the telescoping lower links and sway bars.. The carter QH units have not been put back on, and I don't need them any more.

James K0UA

/ DK loader control lever #5  
You cowboys must have ridden alot of miles to get that bowlegged:laughing:
I do find though I brush the handle the odd time when I'm twisted around looking backwards and backing up at the same time. But its not too bad, the odd time I'll turn back around and have the bucket uncurled abit.

/ DK loader control lever #6  
ddb,

I had that same concern before I bought my DK 40SE HST. I think the CK joystick would be ideal but I've gotten used to it. I've brushed it a couple of times but nothing of significance. Don't let that deter you from buying an awesome machine:D

/ DK loader control lever #7  
My DK 35 joystick is mounted in the loader frame to the right of the dash, it's an older model.

That mounting position made it hard to get on and off the tractor from the right side, must be why they changed it.

/ DK loader control lever #8  
Lkie GHK said, I've hit it a few times, but it's never been a problem. I would just take it apart, remove the lever, apply heat, bend to your spec's, repaint & replace?

/ DK loader control lever
Why has the DK35 been discontinued? (sorry if this has been answered on another thread -- searched but didn't find it)