Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands?

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #21  
2700 lbs of lift off, what a beast. My dealer is 7 miles away and has been in business for 85 years.

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #22  
As with others, bang for the buck was a big consideration in choosing my DK40se. The "bang" I was looking for was loader strength and there was nothing on the market under 50hp regardless of cost that had as strong a loader. That plus the fact that I'd already owned and really liked a Kioti (CK20) which I bought for essentially the same reason. One other thing was the dealer (Rick Wallace) who in my case was 300 miles away but did the deal by phone and personally delivered the tractor to the island (took away the CK20 in trade).

Bang for the buck and dealer are the key points. No disappointments.

Attachments

• IMG_4146smallfile.jpg
    IMG_4146smallfile.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4149smallfile.jpg
    IMG_4149smallfile.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 240
   / Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #23  
For me it came down to a dealer I was comfortable with, and knowing I would get support after the purchase. I love my CK30 and it has done everything I've ever asked it to do, but I like my dealer more than the brand.

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #24  
I refused to pay extra just for the name. I looked at JD, and the other orange, and I almost bought a Mahindra but could not find a reliable dealer in my area. In my case the obvious facts like everyone else here came into play, price, specs, weight, etc. But I will have to say this forum and all of the guys here were huge in my purchasing decision. I do not think you will find a more educated group on any other threads than everyone here on the Kioti forum. It is a great source for any questions or concerns or problems.

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #25  
Boomer,
To answer your last question, I don't have any plans on trading or selling what I have at this point in time. So, Yes, even if the resale was lower than the JD or Kubota, I would still buy the Kioti again. I got 3 different quotes on a Grand L3940 (all spec'd the same) and the prices were $4,500 to $6,000 more for the Bota than what I paid for my DK40SE HST. I don't have that kind of extra cash laying around (esp. w/ 4 kids)!!!:laughing:

I think if you take good care of your equipment, grease it, change fluids per the schedules, and keep it looking good (touch up paint here & there), that will make a big difference if you are concerned about selling it later.

I also think the value of the dollar and the economy will also play a part in prices too.

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #26  
Boomer, If I'm reading correctly, your question is more of if the price was the same between both shades of orange, or green, would you still buy Kioti. Not a simple questions because models don't line up, and that's intentional.

I'd buy my CK30 over a Kubota L3200 anyday, regardless of price, I'd pay more for the CK30.
I'd buy a Kubota L3240 over my CK30 if the price was the same.

And it goes on with most other "compatibles".

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #27  
everybody keeps saying that the resale of kioti will be lower...... but i dont see that as a true statement. First the initial price was lower, so if i get less for resale.....its all relative.

Also, the used tractor market is very strong. any tractor that is kept in good, clean condition will bring a good price. Look at craigslist prices. JD, Kubota, kioti are all selling for a good price.

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #28  
everybody keeps saying that the resale of kioti will be lower...... but i dont see that as a true statement. First the initial price was lower, so if i get less for resale.....its all relative.

Also, the used tractor market is very strong. any tractor that is kept in good, clean condition will bring a good price. Look at craigslist prices. JD, Kubota, kioti are all selling for a good price.

I agree, Kioti has a strong resale value. My dealer just offered me 94% on a trade for what I paid for my CK30. Not bad after 14 months and 155 hours.

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #29  
I agree, Kioti has a strong resale value. My dealer just offered me 94% on a trade for what I paid for my CK30. Not bad after 14 months and 155 hours.

I paid $15K for a CK20TLB and got $12K trade in after three years and 250hrs after discounts on the new tractor had already been agreed. That is about 80%.

I think the issue is not so much that Kioti or Mahindra resale values are low but rather that there is a very strong market for Kubota and JD so some of those values are a bit high. A Kubota BX23/24/25 has unbelievable resale because it is an entry level niche product and people turn them over pretty often after finishing relatively small DIY landscaping tasks. For a deposit of $13K you can basically rent a used BX TLB and get your money back a year later. CUTs are relatively new items also as they basically didn't exist twenty years ago so the market is still evolving. As more people want them and face Kubota/JD sticker shock they look for used and create a healthy resale market. I would imagine that some of those Kubota resale values will drop as customers (those who do their homework anyways) find out that for the price of a three year old 300hr Kubota with no warranty you can buy an equivalent size/HP Kioti or Mahindra new with warranty and more features.

/ Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands? #30  

*looks at you strangely*

Why would I ever want to sell my tractor?