Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Zinj

*looks at you strangely*

Why would I ever want to sell my tractor?
    To get a cab version with HST super duper turbo plus and wifi obviously. Whenever Kioti gets around to making it obviously.

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Default Re: Why did you buy a Kioti over other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    To get a cab version with HST super duper turbo plus and wifi obviously. Whenever Kioti gets around to making it obviously.
    im still waiting for my satellite dish and microwave/refrigerator add on that i ordered ya right
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Zinj View Post
    *looks at you strangely*

Why would I ever want to sell my tractor?

to buy a larger tractor silly boy
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    im still waiting for my satellite dish and microwave/refrigerator add on that i ordered ya right
    That one might be awhile
    1969 FJ40 Chevota
    2007 Ski-Doo Summit X
    2007.5 Cummins 6.7

Platinum Member

For the $3000 more I could have bought the same color, 1 more hp, 800 lb. less weight, and 300 lb. less loader lift. All weights are approximate. Plus my Dealer has a good reputation.

The CK20 is a little brute. Slow but able to do more than you would expect with 22hp. My 5' 4" wife grabs the keys whenever we go out to use it. My 6' 7" tall son in law does the same. Do it all over and I would buy the same!

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

I ordered a new DK40SE that is being delivered tomorrow. I just thought that a comparable JD or New Holland lifted 1/2 as much on the FEL, had less hydraulic pump capacity and fewer features compared to the Kioti. I like the telescoping lower links, adjustable stabilizers and the 3pt hitch controls at the rear of the tractor. Oh and the JD was $5,500 more.

I was torn about the "buy American" issue but the JD and NH aren't made here either. In fact, my Ford 2110 that I just sold was Japanese, so what's the difference really?

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by bullopa
    I ordered a new DK40SE that is being delivered tomorrow. I just thought that a comparable JD or New Holland lifted 1/2 as much on the FEL, had less hydraulic pump capacity and fewer features compared to the Kioti. I like the telescoping lower links, adjustable stabilizers and the 3pt hitch controls at the rear of the tractor. Oh and the JD was $5,500 more.

I was torn about the "buy American" issue but the JD and NH aren't made here either. In fact, my Ford 2110 that I just sold was Japanese, so what's the difference really?
    Welcome to TBN and the wonderful world of DK40se.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

I bought my Kioti mostly due to the Dealer.

But that skips over the fact that due to Univ of TBN I was able to quickly #1 discover what I NEEDED & what I could GET, along with price ranges.

I quickly eliminated all the expensive brands, and from what was left within 60 miles of me, I had a fight between Bobcat & Kioti, with Mahindra running a decent 3rd.

Since both Bobcat and Kioti are Daedong, I made the final decision based on #1 Dealer, #2 FEL Lift capacity and #3 Dealer pricing of options and accessories. In the end the Bobcat guy changed the price he quoted me for the tractor and then nickle and dimed me $300 to fill tires, $159 each for the rear remotes, including the one which was ALREADY INSTALLED as a standard.

After the fact, 10 months down the road, Heck YEAH I made the right decision. The local Bobcat yard is closed and my Dealer is Solid Gold (LaVoie Equipment in Ashland VA).

Happpy HAPPY man I am!

Be well,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    to buy a larger tractor silly boy
    For SHAME!

Don't get rid of the tractor, just BUY ANOTHER! Wahoo!

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE w/ loader and Woods 90x backhoe, Allis Chalmers C with front snowplow

I bought my DK50SE based on research online, many price quotes from many different dealers, fit and finish, ergonomics, features, and many hours of reading on this forum and other brand threads on here as well. I also narrowed my search down to Kioti and Bobcat in the end, I have 3 Bobcat dealers relatively close by and in the end I drove 2.5 hours to the dealer of my choice, his price couldn't be beat by the other 2 Kioti dealers who were both farther away and Bobcat was also more expensive per comparable model and had a weaker loader, also those white tractors make my stomach turn. My dealer did me ok and I was assured if there are any warranty issues involving hauling in the tractor they will do their part to help with that. I ended up getting the 50 for less than other dealers were quoting the 40 and 45 in some instances and green, blue, and red were all way out of the ballpark as far as I'm concerned. To answer your other question if all brands cost the same, I would probably still buy Kioti because at that point you would have to compare specs and ergonomics, in my opinion Kioti has them all beat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast