HP rating for the Kioti tractor

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #1  

boomer613

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE /W FEL
I was talking to my neighbor this past weekend who owns a JD 3203. He does not believe in John Deere's claim of the tractor being rated at 32 HP. He believes it rates much closer to 25 HP. I am curious if you guys feel that your Kioti HP is right on the mark when it comes to its advertised HP - both for the engine and PTO.

Last edited:
   / HP rating for the Kioti tractor #2  
That's a tough one Boomer....speaking for myself I don't have much to compare. If that's the case how would any of us know for a fact that any tractor we ever owned was properly represented? Then you have Gear vs Shuttle vs Hydro and all three throw a different PTO hp rating.
I think the bottom line is if it won't get the majority of our jobs done, then we trade >UP:D

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #3  
My DK35 is rated at 34 HP and 28.3 PTO HP.
I run a 7' rear finish mower, 6' brushmower and a 6' tiller with no problem so I'm quessing its pretty close in HP to what they claim, but I can't say for sure.

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #4  
What is he basing his claims on? What is he comparing it to? What is he using that makes him think it is under-powered?

If this is one of those "well...I had an 8n and it had more power bushhogging than this new tractor and it was only 25HP" kinda comments......well:

The 3203 is only a 24 PTO HP tractor. Which is how tractors were referred to back in the day. And BTW, and 8n is 27HP PTO.

So if he is comparing to an old tractor that was "less" power than what he thinks the 3203 is, well...thats probabally because he is comparing the PTO HP of the old tractor to the ENGINE HP of the deere.

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #5  
All i know is i gave my rated HP ratings to the manufacturer of my front mounted snowblower with rear mount hydraulic pump and they calculated how far the snow should be thrown at that rated HP. and darn if it isnt nearly on the mark.

im really not sure how to actually test the HP of the tractor.

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor
What is he basing his claims on? What is he comparing it to? What is he using that makes him think it is under-powered?

If this is one of those "well...I had an 8n and it had more power bushhogging than this new tractor and it was only 25HP" kinda comments......well:

The 3203 is only a 24 PTO HP tractor. Which is how tractors were referred to back in the day. And BTW, and 8n is 27HP PTO.

So if he is comparing to an old tractor that was "less" power than what he thinks the 3203 is, well...thats probabally because he is comparing the PTO HP of the old tractor to the ENGINE HP of the deere.

Makes sense. He used to own older tractors and was probably bases his past experience. In fact he complained about all the plastic parts on his newer JD compared to the older ones.

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #7  
Makes sense. He used to own older tractors and was probably bases his past experience. In fact he complained about all the plastic parts on his newer JD compared to the older ones.

Did he ever complain about all the rusted parts on his older ones:D

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #8  
I'm in the process of trading my CK30 for a DK45 as some may have seen in a thread I started about it (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/243729-broken-again-loosing-faith.html). I was driving by my dealer on the way to the cottage last weekend and HAD to stop in and take a look at the new tractor. I got on it, started it and all the rest, and then noticed it had 11 hours on the clock. That doesn't really bother me (other than being closer to my 50 hr service), but I had to comment and he told me a few of those hours would have been on the dyno, they put every new tractor on it to make sure they're performing properly. I didn't really ask how many fail, but I'm pretty confident my new DK45 is going to actually be a DK45 and not DK40 or DK35 or DK28 ...

The new tractor also had the stickers on the tread of the front tires, they where mashed a fair bit, but they were there. That seems to say to me those 11 hours were mostly sitting around. Other than the dyno, why do you think they run them that long for?

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #9  
I'm in the process of trading my CK30 for a DK45 as some may have seen in a thread I started about it (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/243729-broken-again-loosing-faith.html). I was driving by my dealer on the way to the cottage last weekend and HAD to stop in and take a look at the new tractor. I got on it, started it and all the rest, and then noticed it had 11 hours on the clock. That doesn't really bother me (other than being closer to my 50 hr service), but I had to comment and he told me a few of those hours would have been on the dyno, they put every new tractor on it to make sure they're performing properly. I didn't really ask how many fail, but I'm pretty confident my new DK45 is going to actually be a DK45 and not DK40 or DK35 or DK28 ...

The new tractor also had the stickers on the tread of the front tires, they where mashed a fair bit, but they were there. That seems to say to me those 11 hours were mostly sitting around. Other than the dyno, why do you think they run them that long for?

I suspect alot of the those hours are just idling warming up or cooling down. I was at my dealer this winter picking up my 50hr filter set in a snow storm and they had a tractor running for probably a half hour before they used it to push some snow around. Or even for assembling the tractor, they might have run it a couple hours every time they moved it in or out of the shop.
If the extra hours bother you, run it 11 extra hours on the second service, it won't hurt a thing.

/ HP rating for the Kioti tractor #10  
We have seen the CK tractors on Dynos. The KIOTI Rated PTO Horsepower is awful darn close to what you see on the Dyno.