Comparison Mahindra vs. Kioti

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #31  
MtnView, Actually I was hoping to hear why someone chose one over the other, as the specs are pretty close on both. I'm really on the fence.
But thank you for your response!

I am curious, how do you feel about the HST foot controls? Like I had said earlier, once I decided to go HST the Kioti was out for me. I think that if I had gone gear, I very well might have gone Kioti. ;)

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti
I am curious, how do you feel about the HST foot controls? Like I had said earlier, once I decided to go HST the Kioti was out for me. I think that if I had gone gear, I very well might have gone Kioti. ;)

You know, I haven't had the chance to drive the Kioti as of yet, but I know what you're taking about. I did sit on the Kioti, and the treadle is a little strange. The Mahindra forward and reverse pedal was fine, though.

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #33  
You know, I haven't had the chance to drive the Kioti as of yet, but I know what you're taking about. I did sit on the Kioti, and the treadle is a little strange. The Mahindra forward and reverse pedal was fine, though.

I have a Kioti CK35 HST, like the pedal just fine, easy to use. :)

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #34  

I don't think the pedal matters much.. I was convinced that the single pedal was better, as All the hydro's machines I had owned had a single treadle pedal, and I really liked it and still do for that matter. But my new Kioti has the dual pedal setup, and I have adapted to it just fine. I think it is just in what you get used to, and it doesn't really take that long to adapt to one or the other.

James K0UA

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #35  
I don't think the pedal matters much.. I was convinced that the single pedal was better, as All the hydro's machines I had owned had a single treadle pedal, and I really liked it and still do for that matter. But my new Kioti has the dual pedal setup, and I have adapted to it just fine. I think it is just in what you get used to, and it doesn't really take that long to adapt to one or the other.

James K0UA

James, the control for the HST on both of the models that he is considering are on the right hand side. It is the actual placement and shape of the control of the Kioti CKs that put me into the Mahindra.

Not to say that a person can't get use to about anything, but if something is uncomfortable with tractor A and it is comfortable on tractor B, why bother even getting tractor A and hoping that you get use to it when tractor B fits good to start with. :confused:

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti
Mousefield, you have a Ck35 HST? Just noticed on the Kioti website, they don't show a CK35 HST, did I miss something?

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #37  
Mousefield, you have a Ck35 HST? Just noticed on the Kioti website, they don't show a CK35 HST, did I miss something?

All the CKs are availabe with HST or Shuttle, except the CK20 is HST or straight gear (no shuttle).

On the peddle thing. I don't much like the treadle design either. But, it wouldn't make or break a deal for me. I'm sure I'd get used to it. Many prefer it; so it can't be that bad.

/ Mahindra vs. Kioti #38  
My Scotts lawn tractor had a toe/heal type pedal design. It was my first hydrostatic transmission.

My first real tractor, a JD 955, had the two pedal design, I got used to it quickly and liked it just fine.

Moved to the single pedal design with the CK30. Grumbled about it and missed the two pedal system, although it was easy to use and I really didn't mind it that much at all. I did occasionally hit the break while looking for reverse, even after 150 hrs. I never used it as a rocker pedal, I put my foot in the middle and used my toe or heal to move.

Just traded to a DK45 and I'm back to the two pedal system. That was one of the things I was most looking forward to. Now I find myself fumbling for the reverse behind my heal. I'll get used to it quickly, but I'm still struggling.

The "lawn tractor" I use now is a Ferris IS3000 ZTR and it has hand levers, as they all do for both direction, speed and turning. It's a blast to drive and becomes completely second nature.

The point of all this typing is simply to say you can get used to and like any system and I wouldn't base such an important decision on such a minor detail.