Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20S HST and Gravely walk-behind (2 wheel tractor - 700 lbs.).

Default Re: Mahindra vs. Kioti

Quote Originally Posted by CJONE View Post
    I just can't imagine having a loader with only 1000 or 1200 lbs of lift unless I was just going to cut grass with it. CJ
    That made me laugh.
    In good spirits CJ, so don't take it any other way.

I have the smallest Kioti (except for the latest SCUT they are just coming out with). If I had a tractor any larger at all, it would not be able to get the rocks and dirt around the small accesses in my property (trees, fences, buildings, existing rock walls, etc.) to where I want them all. The CK 20S was just the right size... and I needed something with earth-moving power, which made me opt for this over, say, a BX series.

So while it's always great to be able to carry more, it's also always great to be able to get the stuff you're carrying to where it needs to go.
    -Mitch
    P.S. That's solid rock in the first photo, and weighs plenty!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mahindra vs. Kioti-p1010095-jpg   Mahindra vs. Kioti-p1010098-jpg   Mahindra vs. Kioti-p1010078-jpg  

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Yeah, Unless you are using forks or lifting heavy radioactive metals, the CK loaders will lift anything that fills them and then some. They are sized right for the tractors. If you need more than that in a small footprint, you'll have to look at skidsteers.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by PatasColo View Post
    That made me laugh.
    In good spirits CJ, so don't take it any other way.

I have the smallest Kioti (except for the latest SCUT they are just coming out with). If I had a tractor any larger at all, it would not be able to get the rocks and dirt around the small accesses in my property (trees, fences, buildings, existing rock walls, etc.) to where I want them all. The CK 20S was just the right size... and I needed something with earth-moving power, which made me opt for this over, say, a BX series.

So while it's always great to be able to carry more, it's also always great to be able to get the stuff you're carrying to where it needs to go.
    -Mitch
    P.S. That's solid rock in the first photo, and weighs plenty!
    No problem!! I should have said I would also cut my lawn with a tractor that size. I ran a few loaders on the CUTS and if it did not have at least 2000lbs of lift it would not suit MY needs. I use my tractor mainly as a loader and it sees max capacity alot. Heck my grapple is probably 700-800lbs and with it full of wood I know it is in the 2500+ range. I have the rear tires loaded and a 1000lb Gannon roller box blade and the tractor still needs to be in 4wd to get out of the woods with the grapple loaded with firewood.
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    5300 John deere,53 harry ferguson, ck20 kioti, 135 ferguson, 350jd dozer, k40 kubota excavator

Not trying to lean one way from one tractor to the other, but this has been my experience.

I have owned a 245DT kubota that was a great tractor. Two 336D Yanmars which were good too. Loved the range transmission with the 3sp powershift. Sold one and bought a new one that burnt up and couldn't get another one. Went down and bought a kubota 35L if I remember rith with the gsl tranny. Was disappointed in it as the pause between shifts killed the momentum of the tractor when pulling. And was also too fast for tilling well in low. Traded it off for a 5300 JD and had creep gears for tilling put in, great tilling machine now.
    What I am coming to is that my wife said the JD is too big for me, I want something smaller.
    Came home with a CK20 with loader, and have since added a flail mower and winch to it.
    It has the hst tranny as I tried the gear one, cheaper, but was too fast for tilling.
    I am surprised at the quickness of it and abiity to move dirt and bark for landscaping. A wonderful addition and she is happy, really that is the main thing.

Industry, Pa- - 5 mi. north of Ohio River
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510, Ford '48 8N, Ford '53 Jubilee, Power King 1614

The wife talked me into getting a newer tractor so I would not be always working on the ones I had. Ended up with a new Kioti. I love it. The Power King I used for the lawn has been taken over by the wife. She said, be happy with your new tractor, This small one is mine!. As long as she is Happy "I" am happy.
    Tom
    Kioti 2012 DS4510 with FEL
    Ford 1948 8N
    Ford 1953 Jubilee
    Power King 1614
    Various 3 pt. equipment
    Sold: Ford 1946 2N, Kioti 2011 DS3510

Tractor
    2008 CK35 Kioti

Quote Originally Posted by rwork View Post
    I'm finally beginning to narrow my search down to either a Mahindra or Kioti.
    I'm looking at the Mahindra 3016 HST / 3616 HST and the Kioti CK30 HST / CK35 HST.
    If you've considered these tractors, I'd like to know why you chose one over the other. Give me your input!
    I got a CK35 with a woods fel and bh. 1650 lift 3700 bk out bh. Now you have the name and specs with 34hp.

Tractor
    Branson 3520H

I'm negotiating a purchase of a Kioti DS3510. It comes with a dovetail trailer, 5' mower, post hole digger, 9" auger, 6' rear blade, pallet forks, plow and bale spear for $24,900. Can I do better?

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Have no idea about cost, but get a 7' rear blade, as heavy as you can get out of them. Weight is your friend when it comes to grading. Might want to see if you can get some rear remotes with it. Always good to have rear remotes.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Branson 3520H

Rear remotes... lol. I love remoting my rear.

Fwiw, there is a road in front of my house that isn't a "maintained" road. I plan on using the Kioti to remove snow and smooth the road from time to time. A 7' blade would be better than a 6' blade.

Tractor
    Branson 3520H

btw I grew up on a Ford 8N, and then big tractors like the John Deere 8630. I am looking forward to having a small tractor like the Kioti.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456