Buying Advice Dk45 pricing and recommendation

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #1  

hnicols

Tractor
Yanmar Lx 4900
Looking for my first tractor. Use: 100acres mostly wooded, 800 ft gravel driveway, pond that occasionally needs clearing, 5acres for pasture/ brush hog, fertilizer and seeding. Lots of logging roads that could use some help. Ground too wet and soft to use tractor on 4 acres of lawn that need mowing and have a guy who does that cheap for me. Don't reallycsee the need for a backhoe but suspect if I had one....

Just saw 2008 Kioti DK45S 4x4, KL451 loader and Woods BH90X curved-boom backhoe. 716 hours on the clock. 45HP 4-cylinder diesel, synchronized shuttle transmission (12F x 12R). Independent 540RPM PTO with electro-hydraulic engagement. The 3pt hitch has position, draft and mixed control, telescopic lower links, and a handy rear lift lever for attaching implements. The KL451 quick-attach loader is self-leveling, and has a Bobcat-style quick attach bucket, and comes with a bolt-on tooth bar. Rear tires are loaded with Rimguard. The Woods backhoe is frame-mounted (not 3pt) is quick-attach and has an 18" bucket with a mechanical thumb.

Price 19,500. Seems fair go me. Thoughts on price, is this too much tractor for my needs? Seemed pretty loud, but my first tractor. Is kioti louder that most?

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #2  
Sounds good, what kind of matainence has he done?

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation
Sounds good, what kind of matainence has he done?

He is a sharp mechanic himself but has one month of warranty left, said clutch was warranty replaced early on but otherwise in good shape ( and so appears)

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #4  
Any remotes?

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation
murphy1244 said:
Any remotes?

Don't think so. Reviewed my notes and none mentioned.

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #6  
Should have one set, you can have the second set installed for about
500.00. I paid 21.5000 for DK40HST with loader, toothbar, loaded tires and canopy.
Should have cruise control and electric 4 wheel button.

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #7  
You're looking at the DK45 S as opposed to the DK45SE. I don't know the differences between them other than the DK45SE uses the KL401 loader instead of the KL451 loader. It is hard to compare what somebody paid on a new tractor vs a used model that's no longer produced.

The Woods BH-90x is an awesome BH and you'd be very happy with it.

I don't find Kioti any louder than other colours at all. I just traded my CK30 hst for a DK45 SE hst. The CK is 3 cylinder, the DK is 4, I'm not sure about the S line, but I'd guess it's 4 as well. There is a noticeable difference between the two. It wouldn't be applicable to this machine, but there is virtually no HST noise with Kioti transmissions unlike other shades of orange and many other colours.

I paid approx $34K for my DK45 SE HST with cab. That included PDI (which includes loaded tires, block heater, hooks welded to the bucket, delivery etc) and taxes (13%). I asked about the BH and was told $9K for the Kioti version and $11K for the Woods with hydraulic thumb + tax for both.

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #8  
No, it is not to much tractor for your needs. They are great spraying and mowing rigs. 110 gal spray tank is about ideal for the 45 and a 6 ft mower will do a good job. You will find the synchro shuttle is not the smoothest but sufficient. I do most of my work in 4th gear, medium range.
Price seems pretty darn good considering you are getting a nice backhoe. I went with a cab instead of the hoe but the cab would be a detriment for you in the woods.

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #9  
I use my 2006 DK45SC in the woods a lot keeping trails clear and making new ones. In many ways (for these uses), it would be better without the cab, but I've learned to be extra careful when in the woods, and the cab is super nice when snowblowing and even mowing. Other than the cab (which I have) and the backhoe (which I don't) mine is pretty much just as you've described the one you're looking at...I even have about 700hrs on mine. The DK45 has been a really good tractor for me, though I'd get an HST if I were buying now (it wasn't available on the DK45 when I got mine), since I do a lot more loader/grapple rake work than straight-ahead field work.

I'm getting price estimates now for top and tilt installation and an additional set of (spare) remotes. There is no end to the toys that I covet to make my tractor more versatile (my new hydraulic auger and bits should be arriving today!).

For the way it is equipped, your prospect sounds like a pretty good deal. Are you adept at maintenance or do you have a good Kioti dealer nearby, in case of warrantee needs? My dealer parted ways with Kioti last year, so there isn't one in the province anymore (and we're an island!)...good thing its a reliable beast!
BOB

/ Dk45 pricing and recommendation #10  
It is out of warranty, so that's not really a consideration.
It seems well equipped, not too many hours on it yet. I may not know the market real well, but 19 seems just a little optimistic in this economy. I think I would counter with 16,5.
Love my DK45SC. Best size they make IMO.