Help: DK55 vs RX6010

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #1  

btucker927

Tractor
Ford 6610
I am in need of some help. I was at my Kioti dealer today looking at buying my first tractor. My wife and I just bought 34 acres and it is mostly open hayfield with a few scattered trees. I will use the tractor mostly for mowing, raking, baling and feeding hay in the winter. I am looking at either buying the DK55 or the RX6010. The quote I got for RX6010 was about $2500 more than the DK55. Should I spend the extra money and the bigger tractor? There is about 4HP difference in the engine and PTO between the two and the RX6010 has a lot heavier rating for loader capacity. Any help is greatly appreciated!

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #2  
Yes, definitely. Spend the extra. The 6010 is a lot nicer tractor w/ the new design and the new style cab. I would imagine it will replace the DK55 in time. There will be another RX tractor most likely next year in the 70 HP range.

Currently they only have the mechanical reverser out but a power reverser model will be out in July or August.

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010
Thanks for the response TractorTidy!

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #4  
Currently they only have the mechanical reverser out but a power reverser model will be out in July or August.

Do you have a hunch on this, or is it a fact? If that's true, I may very well come home with one of those!

The RX6010 seems like one heck of a nice tractor with an impressive rear lift capacity (don't know how it compares to the DK55) and seems like a nice size!

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #5  
No that's a fact. Power rev. available sometime later in summer. Prices already out for it. It will be roughly $1500 more than the mech. reverser.
This tractor is VERY nice. Great cab.

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #6  
No that's a fact. Power rev. available sometime later in summer. Prices already out for it. It will be roughly $1500 more than the mech. reverser.
This tractor is VERY nice. Great cab.

That's some great news! Any idea if it will really be in the 70hp range as mentioned?

btucker,
Maybe you should hold out for the 'new' model coming out that these guys are talking about :D

(after googling around a bit, I can't find any information on this, do you guys have a reliable source on this?)

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #8  
What's a power reverser? A no clutch shuttle?

If it's the same as my Kioti DS4510HS it's a Hydraulic Shuttle ( or no clutch shuttle or power shuttle). Certainly worth having for the extra bucks.

Last edited:
   / Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #9  
What kinda hay equipment you plan on running? I looked at both tractors before I bought and I like the 6010 over the DK55 but $2500,I dunno for 4 more HP. Im guessing going to round bale since talking about loader capacity either tractor is going to handle a 1,000lb round bale(5x4),so do you really need the extra? Is your land pretty flat thats were you may need some extra HP and tractor weight,can always load the tires but thats going to depend on what kinda equipment you plan on running. We have a 30acre hay meadow and I run an 8ft Disc cutter on a 46pto HP tractor,and if I wake up really early and cut into dark I may do it in a day but it usually takes 2 days,then a day or 2 to cure but I also run a rake tractor and a bale tractor and if I wait for the dew to lift,its going to be that evening before the last bale is done. So my suggestion may be to go the DK55 route and pick up a cheap 8n or ford 2000(something like) for a rake tractor. Just need alittle more info.

/ Help: DK55 vs RX6010 #10  
The power shuttle in the RX6010 will happen later this summer. None in from Korea yet.
The @70 HP tractor is still in development and not in production. Possibly for next year. There was a prototype at the Kioti dealer mtg. back in Feb..