Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST

Default Re: Kioti DK45 question

Quote Originally Posted by DK35vince View Post
    Do people actually have that stuff?
    My DK is very well maintained and in exellant condition and I don't have any reciepts or maintanance records.
    I'm keeping all my maintenance records, and reciepts for oil and filters, atleast until my warranty is up. Otherwise kioti might tell me I'm SOL if something fluid related breaks. Also it will help for resale if I ever do sell it, a few minutes every service might be a couple thousand bucks some day.
    2011 DK40SE HST

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510HS , Kubota B7100

Quote Originally Posted by BTI View Post
    It's actually a slightly larger heavy built machine than the DK45SE machine sold now.
    The rear end is planetary style and overall a little bigger.
    Some of the features are a little "clunkier" though LOL
    If in that good of condition, I'd say it's worth it.
    There are 3 different Kioti loaders that could be on it, the KL1470, KL1590 or a KL249.
    The 249 and 1470 were close in capacities, the 1590 had self leveling feature and would lift approx 500lbs more than the other 2.
    The DS series is built off of the old DK40 and is slightly smaller than this machine.

BTI
    I like to know my machine's pedigree. Can you kindly give a little detail on how the DS series has been built off the old DK 40. e.g. are the front axles the same?
    Also, I had presumed that the old DK 40 & DK45 , like the current models, had similar specs except 4 more HP.

Tractor
    Haven't decided yet......It'll be a Kioti None the less

The DS (40-45) basically uses the complete old DK 40 tractor except the front axle is the same as the DK SE series.
    They use a straight gear trans, pretty much the same as the old DK only without synchronizers on the shuttle or main trans.
    There are niceties removed like the suspension seat, remote hydraulics, tilt steering wheel, pin style sway bar links and extendable 3pt arms.
    They changed the front end "body" and grill and made it so everything for maintenance could be reached from one side.
    The PTO is also on or off with no "automatic" setting.
    The machines are simple and pretty much bullet-proof.
    Your assumption on HP is correct.

BTI
    **EARTH FIRST----We'll Clear-cut the other planets LATER**

*******The poster formerly known as Kiohio******

740-753-9242

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by BTI View Post
    The DS (40-45) basically uses the complete old DK 40 tractor except the front axle is the same as the DK SE series.
    They use a straight gear trans, pretty much the same as the old DK only without synchronizers on the shuttle or main trans.
    There are niceties removed like the suspension seat, remote hydraulics, tilt steering wheel, pin style sway bar links and extendable 3pt arms.
    They changed the front end "body" and grill and made it so everything for maintenance could be reached from one side.
    The PTO is also on or off with no "automatic" setting.
    The machines are simple and pretty much bullet-proof
    Your assumption on HP is correct.

BTI
    Thanks BTI , just what I was after. The engine,of course , is also pretty much the same as the current DK45 SE model and there is the option of hydraulic shuttle.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

I am fairly sure that the new DS tractors do not have draft control either.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Gold Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    I am fairly sure that the new DS tractors do not have draft control either.
    Correct , but they do have a tool box which is a thing of beauty, and storage behind the rear seat .The local version here also has rear remotes and a trailer electrics plug; and the dealer threw in a rotacutter, 4 in 1 bucket and loader.

Platinum Member
    The real central PA everything else is philly or pittsburgh
    Tractor
    DK45 SE HST

man, you just broke my heart. I was thinking in a year or two about giving up my dk45sehst for a 40 or 35 with a cab. No more adjustable rear end equipment and no suspension seat or standard remote hydraulics? Why would I buy that? I was just dreaming of a cab tractor cause I am sick of being too hot or too cold.
    DK45 SE HST, RFM, BB, FEL, PHD, toothbar,rear blade, canopy, pallet forks, 6' tiller, and now I need an addition on my pole building

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by PA hayseed
    man, you just broke my heart. I was thinking in a year or two about giving up my dk45sehst for a 40 or 35 with a cab. No more adjustable rear end equipment and no suspension seat or standard remote hydraulics? Why would I buy that? I was just dreaming of a cab tractor cause I am sick of being too hot or too cold.
    So, other than extra $$$, what's wrong with a DKse cab tractor? That's what I dream of on hot, dusty, buggy days.

Tractor
    LS P7030 CPS, Ferris IS3100z w/37 HP Kawasaki

There's lots wrong with a DKse Cab tractor. It used to be on these hot days it was just like sitting in a sauna, so I could let the membership to the country club lapse. I really miss the way the sweat used to pour down my body and make my underwear stick to the seat. I think the other day when it was 96 I actually caught a chill from the air conditioning and I need to be careful because I have a $35 co-pay and can't be running to the doctor's willy-nilly. I'm not communing with nature like I used to. I no longer feed the deer flies and mosquitoes and I rarely even notice the bees and wasps as they circle the cab. I miss the dust that used to form on all the gauges and controls and time spent cleaning them and worrying about scratching the faces. I go through LOTS of glass cleaner and paper towels that I never did before.
    I haven't had it for a winter yet but I'm going to miss my coveralls, heavy gloves, boots and hats while plowing my 1/4 mile driveway. I'm going to miss the way the snow used to wake me up as it poured down my neck while using the snow-blower. I'm sure it will be hot in there but I think if I just wear a light shirt it will be OK. I miss my open station tractor......

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Deerherd View Post
    There's lots wrong with a DKse Cab tractor. It used to be on these hot days it was just like sitting in a sauna, so I could let the membership to the country club lapse. I really miss the way the sweat used to pour down my body and make my underwear stick to the seat. I think the other day when it was 96 I actually caught a chill from the air conditioning and I need to be careful because I have a $35 co-pay and can't be running to the doctor's willy-nilly. I'm not communing with nature like I used to. I no longer feed the deer flies and mosquitoes and I rarely even notice the bees and wasps as they circle the cab. I miss the dust that used to form on all the gauges and controls and time spent cleaning them and worrying about scratching the faces. I go through LOTS of glass cleaner and paper towels that I never did before.
    I haven't had it for a winter yet but I'm going to miss my coveralls, heavy gloves, boots and hats while plowing my 1/4 mile driveway. I'm going to miss the way the snow used to wake me up as it poured down my neck while using the snow-blower. I'm sure it will be hot in there but I think if I just wear a light shirt it will be OK. I miss my open station tractor......
    Well, if you really miss it that much... perhaps we could make a temporary trade.. you know for at least as long as its 107 degrees out...Well actually it is only in the 90's now... but you get the idea... If it is sun, sweat and bugs you really want... I think I could help I will trade back, when it gets cooler and the bugs have died off.. or .....NOT...

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast