Price Check Kioti DK45 question

/ Kioti DK45 question #1  

Pickolish

Tractor
N/A
I am very new to this and have never ownered a tractor....please help.
Looking at my nieghbors Kioti DK45, 4WD with loader, not hydro....about 600 hrs. tires look brand new.
He will part with it for $ 13,900.00 This sounds like a good buy as far as I know,
Any opions???
Thank you for any help

/ Kioti DK45 question #2  
How old, what is the general condition other than tires?

/ Kioti DK45 question
Its a 2005, it looks like it rolled off the showroom...I see no leaks and seems fully functional.
Maybe looks too good....know what i mean!

/ Kioti DK45 question #4  
Well, thats about 7K less than I paid for a new one two months ago. I do have Hydro, but I don't think it's a bad price. Keep an eye out here. The Kioti forum folks will give you good input normally. It would also help if you list some of the things you want to use it for that are important to you.

/ Kioti DK45 question #5  
phiferpharm said:
Well, thats about 7K less than I paid for a new one two months ago. I do have Hydro, but I don't think it's a bad price. Keep an eye out here. The Kioti forum folks will give you good input normally. It would also help if you list some of the things you want to use it for that are important to you.

A 2005 DK45 is the prior generation machine. More like the current DS 4510 type than the DKse series. Solid reliable tractor but not to be price compared with the thoroughly revised DKse.

/ Kioti DK45 question #6  
If you have a TSC or similar store near you, check their book rack for a "NADA" like book for equipment that they carry sometimes. If a DK of that year/model range has sold recently, it should be in the book and it will give you a good idea of what they are selling for......just a suggestion. I don't know if $13,900 is a fair price or not? Best wishes!

/ Kioti DK45 question #7  
Seems like a decent price to me, does he have all the maintenance records, reciepts for oil and filter changes?
Maybe talk to your local dealer about the older machines, the mechanic, not the salesguy if you can. See what he thinks of them.
If something like this popped up when I was looking, I probably would've bought it.

/ Kioti DK45 question #8  
It's actually a slightly larger heavy built machine than the DK45SE machine sold now.
The rear end is planetary style and overall a little bigger.
Some of the features are a little "clunkier" though LOL
If in that good of condition, I'd say it's worth it.
There are 3 different Kioti loaders that could be on it, the KL1470, KL1590 or a KL249.
The 249 and 1470 were close in capacities, the 1590 had self leveling feature and would lift approx 500lbs more than the other 2.
The DS series is built off of the old DK40 and is slightly smaller than this machine.

BTI

/ Kioti DK45 question #9  
Seems like a decent price to me, does he have all the maintenance records, reciepts for oil and filter changes?
Do people actually have that stuff?
My DK is very well maintained and in exellant condition and I don't have any reciepts or maintanance records.

/ Kioti DK45 question #10  
If the tractor is your neighbors, you might have seen on occasion or have an idea what he did with it. 600 hours isn't that many hours. If I didn't have a tractor, I'd be interested at that price for a DK45. Sure it's seven years old but tractors aren't necessarily like cars. The hours and what he did with it are more important. I'd ask him for a good test drive of all functions and if your close enough, take it home and give it a good looking at.
I guess if an owner wanted to have some proof that he at least bought filters and parts for maintenance, he would keep the receipts or a shop's work orders/bills. I figured I have mine for the long haul and wasn't worried about selling.