Kioti KL120 or Woods LS84 Loader

/ Kioti KL120 or Woods LS84 Loader #1  

jeremyfxdwg

Tractor
John Deere 2520
I am looking at 2 Kioti CK20S tractors which for all intensive purposes are the same. Both have the same amount of hours are in mint condition and are basically the same price +- $100. One has a KL120 loader and one have the Woods ls84 loader. I am not sure which is a better loader. Any one have experience? Also I want to add a BH to the tractor if that matters.

Thanks,
Jeremy

/ Kioti KL120 or Woods LS84 Loader #2  
I have the KL120 on my CK20S- it is small. I am not sure what size the Woods is, but I would check if I were you. If you are moving stones, cement etc the KL120 is about all the tractor will handle, but if you are moving dirt, or Mulch, you will wish you had a bigger bucket. My 2008 did not have the Quick Disconnect that is on the newer models. Without the QD, that KL120 is almost impossible to put on by yourself. I had to add a QD just so I would not frustrate myself changing the bucket for the pallet forks. So that is another thing I would check versus the Woods.

/ Kioti KL120 or Woods LS84 Loader #3  
Is the KL120 the old style (no hole at crossmember on loader) or new (hole from round crossmember). If it's the old style, I'd probably go with the Woods. Though I don't know anything about the woods. The old style would crack in the cross brace (do a search on this forum). Many say it's still OK. But, not me. I wouldn't have it unless the deal was cheap enough to buy new loader.

/ Kioti KL120 or Woods LS84 Loader
The kl120 is the new style where the tube penetrates the loader frame. One thing I don't particularly like about the Kioti loader is how far it sticks out. I am not sure if the woods is any better however.

/ Kioti KL120 or Woods LS84 Loader #5  
Good. Then it's a good loader.

I wish mine stuck out further (KL130). Reach is a good thing for a loader, in my view. More reach means higher lift, work over an edge, reach past shrubs, etc. But, I suspect it's engineered to be where it is to balance the tractor. Too far out and it's tippy. Too close, and won't clear brush guard/front weights. It can always be taken off when not in use. Only takes a couple of minutes.

/ Kioti KL120 or Woods LS84 Loader #6  
I agree with Gittyup. Regarding the Woods v KL120, I'd go with the greater lift plus breakout force. Both are better than almost any other loader for that size tractor though. I don't recall the Woods numbers but you can get them from their website.