Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: DK40se HST arrived today

NICE!
    Regards,

Artisan

Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

Tractor
    International 1066 with Year Round Cab, Kioti DK 45S with Cab, 451 Loader

Looks great, you will enjoy it.
    "Land management is an art that builds on history and is based in science." Herb Stoddard Sr.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40se HST with FEL, Simplicity Landlord, JD130

Hi folks,

I've got plenty of work to do with this tractor! We just moved back to our farm in IL from Hawaii after a 3-year absence. Our wetland has really silted in and muskrats had fun in the earthern dam. I'll be busy digging out the silt and fixing the dam later this summer. We haven't had much rain, so no grass to mow. The waterways need to be mowed with the cutter. First, I need to get the house finished up and our furniture moved in. Getting sick of living on the floor, can't wait until the beds arrive!

I'll post pics of the wetland project once I get going on it.

Regarding the quick attachment suggestion; my wife an I just hooked up, moved, and stored all our impliments and really, it was pretty easy with the Kioti 3-point hitch. Very flexible and forgiving, especially considering it was our first time doing this task. I've been spending like a drunken sailor since we moved, so I'll hold off on that for a while.

Be well,
    Mike

Tractor
    DK40SE HST

SIT,
    Congrats on the new DK40SE HST and attachments!!!! Thanks for sharing.....brings back that first arrival at home memory!!!! Can't wait to see your action pics!! Enjoy!!!

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Save up and get a Top and Tilt kit to use with those grading implements. Makes life a whole lot better for grading.

Only $585 + shipping for a complete set.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Hey congrats......man are you already retired? Seems like yesterday when you said you had a year to go........time is a flying. How's the remodel coming? I'm about 2 months out for completion of my house, septic system was finished yesterday.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Bronze Member
    Tractor

M7,

Yes, time does fly! Retired and moved back to the country. There is so much to do, but now I've got the time....but where will the money come from? Oh well, we'll sure get started on a few things before we run out!

Haven't yet used the tractor for it's intended purposes, but my little experience moving attachments and whatnot sure do put a smile on my face. My lovely bride is also digging the tractor. Once we get our house fixed up and all our furniture moved in, it will be time to fix the driveway and then tackle the wetland. Plenty of pics for all my tractor forum friends, I promise. I can't believe how well designed from an operators perspective the tractor is. Everything seems to be in the right place and I sure do like the 3point adjustments for hooking up attachments. Very easy. Thanks for all the advice from you and others. So far, I'm not disappointed.

Be well,
    Mike

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Congrats, fine machine.

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Quote Originally Posted by southerniltractor View Post
    M7,
    There is so much to do, but now I've got the time....but where will the money come from?
    Mike, that's good to hear you finally pulled the plug...congrats! But, your concept of retirement will need a little....er...ahh..modification. Guess what?........you will have LESS TIME NOW to get stuff done then you had before. I swear a little gremlin has been stealing blocks of time off each day since I retired in '07......today it seemed like it was about 6 hours, then it was dark......what the ????

Seriously, make the effort to sit down in the evenings, stare at a bonfire and or the stars while enjoying family, some Tennessee or Kentucky sippin' whiskey(my fav is Rebel Yell) and a nice cigar............you deserve it
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Bronze Member
    Tractor

M7,

Thanks! Where did that 27 years go? Regarding your concept of retired time, I've already begun to discover that. Just the other day I started a quick AC/Heat Pump service figuring it would take about 3 hours....after a full day of disassembly, scrubbing/removing dead things, reassembly/repair, it is done! Much to do and it seems like I'm racing to get it done. Need to take yoru advice and enjoy a beverage while enjoying the stars in the sky. I'll endeavor to do just that.

Be well,
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast