DK40se HST arrived today

/ DK40se HST arrived today
Today was a great day with the Kioti! Started by hoisting a very dead Craftsman riding mower into a trailer for transportation to the Craftsman graveyard. Then, we hooked up the Rhino 172 cutter and had our way with a very grown up wetland and waterway. Did a bit of experimental digging in the wetland, but it's still too wet to remove teh silt that needs to get scooped out. Very satisfied with the tractor and attachments so far. How did I ever get by without this machine?

I should have took before/after pics. Next time I'll remember.

/ DK40se HST arrived today #22  
Today was a great day with the Kioti! Started by hoisting a very dead Craftsman riding mower into a trailer for transportation to the Craftsman graveyard. Then, we hooked up the Rhino 172 cutter and had our way with a very grown up wetland and waterway. Did a bit of experimental digging in the wetland, but it's still too wet to remove teh silt that needs to get scooped out. Very satisfied with the tractor and attachments so far. How did I ever get by without this machine?

I should have took before/after pics. Next time I'll remember.

Good choice by the way...Can you get off the seat with your PTO on?

Last edited:
   / DK40se HST arrived today #23  
yahoo!!!. Its smart that you acquired all of your implements at the beginning. I didn't and learned to "make do". I would have spent at least half as much then if I bought all the stuff now. For instance: Farmi winch then $1800. Now its in the 3 grand range. A 6' box blade of decent quality was around $6 hundred. A 6' scraper blade with an 18" moldboard was $360. A 5' cutter was $700. On and on it went just thinking to save a buck only to pay for my procrastination later.

/ DK40se HST arrived today
Murphy, I don't know about the PTO question as I was being VERY careful to turn it off whenever I jumped off the tractor during that mowing project. I'll check next time and let you know.

Arrow, I started looking at tractors and attachments when we purchased our farm about 7 years ago. Couldn't afford to buy anything then and made due with an old Ford 4x4 pickup and my trusty back and arms. Managed to save up while researching all the stuff we needed and made what I hope turns out to be a good choice on tractor and attachments. Speaking to your observed price increases, I anticipate our money buying less and less durable goods coming, so I'm getting what I can afford now! Investing in tractors, not mutual funds for me!