Buying Advice Dk55?

/ Dk55? #1  

dntfxr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford, LS
I folks, I'm in the market for a new tractor and I'm considering the dk55. It seems like there are several dk45 owners here who are happy with their tractors, I'm just wondering how the dk55 compares and if there are any known issues with it. Anyone familiar with them here?
Thanks

/ Dk55? #2  
I've got a DK55c and have been very happy with it. Economical to operate, I run a 7' medium duty bush hog and put about 50-75 hrs per year on it. Also have a loader with grapple attachment which I usually leave on to counter balance the mower. In addition I have 3pt spray rig 110 gal(two 55gl) tanks 20' boom. I like the comfort and the tractor has been mostly trouble free. I bought it slightly used and out of warranty, still had excellent service from the local dealer.

/ Dk55?
Thanks rvaitor, sounds like a nice setup you have . I'd like to go with a 7- 10' mower on my next rig so it's good to know it handles the 7'er well. The grapple has got to be sweet too. The tractor just seems like a good size for what I need. I've been looking at open station tractors but I can get this tractor with a cab for the same coin.

Anyone know if it's easy to get parts for discontinued models?
Thanks again

/ Dk55? #4  
i have had to buy a few pieces of glass and had it in a few days. I think you would not have to worry about parts, as these are worldwide distributed tractors. I love the cab!
rick

/ Dk55? #5  
ForumRunner_20120910_213624.png

This is the DK45SC. Same engine as the DK55, just non turbo. 340hrs and use it making hay.

/ Dk55?
Thank for the replies guys. These seem to be some real nice tractors and at a bargain. I like the weight compared to most brands too. Ideally I'd like at least 55-65 hp and have a hydraulic shuttle- power reverser type transmission. I'm keeping kioti on my short list. I do want to see how the 5000e JDs are with the new options coming before I decide for sure what to buy. I doubt they'll be priced close to the kiotis though...

/ Dk55? #7  
Unless kioti has recently added a power reverser, the Dk 55 is a syncro-shuttle. Need the clutch to shift.

/ Dk55?
Yeah that's my only knock on it but I'd prefer it over hydro that comes on the smaller dk models.

/ Dk55? #9  
Have you looked into the rx6010 over the 55? Similar setup with the shuttle shift and within that 60 hp range you're looking for. I absolutely love mine.

/ Dk55?
Yeah my dealer had one out on demo, so I didn't get to see it, but it looks like a beast of a machine in pictures. Have you put a few hours on yours yet?