Buying Advice Not sure on size or pricing....need help!

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #1  

DanaK

Tractor
Kioti DS4510HS
Hey Everyone,

Looking at three models: CK30 HST, DS 4510 Gear HS or DK50 HST. All would be with a FEL and bale spear. I need enough power to work round bales (approx 600lbs.)...moving from the truck/trailer to the barn. Also will be clearing snow from a 300 foot uphill driveway, dragging paddock etc... all on 4 acres. Here are the specs:

CK30 HST with FEL, Bervac B64B blower, bale spear for 21,800 plus tax
DS4510 HS Gear with FEL for 24,800 plus tax
DK50 HST with FEL for 26,500 plus tax

The CK30 just seems small to me in size and lift capacity but I could afford the whole package (Fel, blower and bale spear). The DS4510 seems to be the sweet spot but I would have to drop the blower to be in my price range. The DK50 has been sitting on his lot for a while and he wants to move it...but best he says he can do is 26,500 less 2500 rebate with FEL.

Thoughts?

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #2  
That is quite a spread in size and features. Agree the CK30 is on the small side for routine round bale work especially if you need to lift bales more than 4ft or so. Tough to judge value though compared to the others as the blower is definitely worth $$$$.

The DS is a fine machine and plenty of power and lift for your tasks. However, at only $2000 less than the DK it lacks HST, removable loader and a number of deluxe features. Seems like a pretty high price for the DS but I haven't really priced them.

I don't know that the price on the DK is that great however especially as it has been sitting for a while. Was the price including the rebate? I presume it was but if not then the DK with additional rebate is by far the best deal.

Have you shopped other dealers?

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help!
The DS4510 would be 24,800 less the 3000 rebate. The DK50 would be 26,500 less 2500 rebate.

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #4  
If you are moving bales of uneven terrain or moving them regularly I would go with the DK50. The CK30 would be capable but the DK50 would be more stable. What ever you get be sure you have plenty of ballast on the 3PH. Have you looked at any other brands?

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #5  
Dana I had a CK30 and it did not realy like 4x5 bales...4x4 was a little better but you will not want to move them on a regular basis. I traded up to a DK40SE and have never regretted that decision.

I would recommend something from a DK40 to a DK50(they are all the same tractor, different bore/hp) for your application(s). I know you are in the great white north, but those prices sound high. Troutrancher over in AB just bought a DK50 hst Cab for 29,700, so I would be shopping around.

After having two HST's I will never go back to a gear tractor...try one out for a half hr or so and you will see how much easier loader work is.

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #6  
I have moved round bales with my CK35 using my FEL and chain. For back weight I have my backhoe on, that way I am not doing a face plant. :laughing:
I am not lifting them off or onto a truck/trailer, just moving them close to ground level
Think the DK40, 45 or 50 would be your best bet. :)

Attachments

• LouieRoundBales 029.jpg
    LouieRoundBales 029.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
  • RoundBalesDitch 015.jpg
    RoundBalesDitch 015.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 159
   / Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #7  
Yeap... the DK50!

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #8  
Yeap... the DK50!
A DK50 HST for $24K is a pretty good deal! You could get a much wider blower than the CK30 could handle and the HST makes it easy to drive for other people.

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #9  
I've owned a CK30 HST and now own a DK45 HST. For the difference in price, there's no question I would go with the DK50. I loved my CK30, and the CK line is excellent, really good value for your dollar, especially when compared to the competition. The DK line however is a totally different beast. Everything is different, better designed, larger, stronger etc. You will have an independent PTO vs a Live PTO. For your snowblower, you will have an automatic setting (or manual if you prefer) where if you lower the 3pt, the PTO engages and when you raise it, it shuts off. The gear selector works much nicer, you have independent wheel brakes and the HST pedals are on one side and the brakes on the other instead of the clutch on the left. You have two pedals, one for forward the other for reverse instead of a rocker pedal (might be a preference thing). The SSQA is a single lever instead of two small levers and much beefier. There's a 72" bucket and the loader has 2.5 X the lifting capacity. Electronically engaged 4X4, draft control on the 3pt, more gauges and lights etc., all for a couple thousand more.

The one thing is that if you're planning to do snowblowing with thing thing is a cab is going to quickly get more important to you. The CK line has a dealer installed cab that can be added later (I added one after 8 months) where the DK is factory installed only. The comfort cab for the CK is very nice, much nicer than other aftermarket cabs IMHO, but the factory installed cab in the DK line is SWEEEEEEEEET.

The prices you're looking at seem pretty good to me for prices up here. The $29 700 for a DK cab that somebody else got is crazy and I don't think a realistic price to go by. I've bought and traded 3 tractors in the last 3 years, so I don't know the true cost of what I paid for my DK45 HST cab, but it was well above $30K.

/ Not sure on size or pricing....need help! #10  
Just a reminder that Canadian prices are not directly comparable even if the Loony is worth a buck.