Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !!

/ Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !! #11  
Re: Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !!

What was your experience crossing back at the border.

Stopped, produced my invoice, paid my HST, left 5 mins later.
No issue at all. Also, MIE doesnt charge state tax for an export sale, so you don'y get hit twice for taxes. There's no duty on tractors or attachments, no matter where they're manufactured. Saved thousands over quote from local dealer, who I wouldn't buy from anyway as they seem to see it as a privilege for me to be able to buy from them, rather than the other way around.
MIE has WAY better prices on Kioti tractors as well, If I ever upgrade from my CK20, I'll be getting it from them.

/ Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !! #12  
Re: Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !!

I do not get these dealers getting a big head in this economy . Nevermind , I just drove home everyone has the large brain .

/ Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !! #13  

It's people that shouldnt be in the customer service industry if they don't know what that means. I would have driven the extra couple hours to MIE just for the fact that they spent a lot of time answering questions amd emails to help me make the right decision on what I wanted, obviously had the knowledge and knew what they were talking about, and had one of the guys come out and spend a lot of time with me walking through the install and answering questions since I wasnt able to get the install done there. The cheaper prices were a bonus, quite frankly I still would have gone there if they were a little more money because my local dealer doesn't deserve the business.
I now have a friend shopping for a new tractor, told him my experiences, and we'll likely be making another run to MIE in the next couple months.

/ Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !! #14  
I just don't understand why there are such huge price differences between Canada and the US.
I live near Buffalo NY. Does anyone know a good implement dealer close by that would not charge tax for export?

/ Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !! #15  

I think the tax rules are different in NY, at least my experience in NY is that they collect state tax from anyone that picks up locally, regardless of where you're from or whether you intend to export it. It might be different if they ship out of state, but I've always just driven down to pick up. I've purchased an RV and a boat trailer in Michigan in the past, and didnt have to pay MI tax on either, just CDN tax on return.

/ Have to say it,s always great buying experience at Michigan Iron & Equipment !! #16  

I think the tax rules are different in NY, at least my experience in NY is that they collect state tax from anyone that picks up locally, regardless of where you're from or whether you intend to export it. It might be different if they ship out of state, but I've always just driven down to pick up. I've purchased an RV and a boat trailer in Michigan in the past, and didnt have to pay MI tax on either, just CDN tax on return.

And who says NAFTA doesn't work. We sell the Canucks our toys and they sell us their hockey players. Everyone's happy!