Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by JDL538

I have a CK30 I think it's 30 in rear 45 in front.
    Bobcat called for 40 or 50 in the rear. If younhad that much they really ballooned out. The Bobcat's have "bobcat" tires.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: What air pressure shoud I run in my Kioti CK27 tires?

I would be surprised that a tractor tire didnt explode with 50 PSI in it. For best traction and smoothest ride, the rear tires should be in the 10-12 PSI range. This holds true for almost every tractor regardless of tire size since larger tractors have larger tires the surface loading remains similar for them. They usually come with 22-25 PSI in them when first mounted to seat the bead firmly. A good test of pressure is to watch the bars on the tire (ag or industrial ) and see how much of the bar is touching the ground. YOU ideally want 100% contact which will produce a little squat in the side walls. Front tires need more pressure if you have a FEL and I put mine up at 25 PSI on my LS heavy utility tractor. Smaller CUT and SCUT will likely require higher pressures. DO NOT EXCEED MAXIMUM RATED TIRE PRESSURE. I am like Roy, I have never seen a tire that didnt have the max pressure rating on it somewhere. It is usually small print but should be under all the size, ply rating info and closer to the rim than the rest of the info. Any tire sold in the USA must have this rating, even my old gray market rice tires on my Yanmar from Japan had pressure rating on them.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

I am going to check out the valve problem today and try to tighten it. I have a core tool so I will try to tighten the cores as well.

I got a very small turn on the leaker. Not even a eighth of a turn.
    I think I will run the rears at 15psi for now and see what happens in the snow. [I may end up getting chains.]
    I will also check out the footprint.

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Looking4new View Post
    I am going to check out the valve problem today and try to tighten it. I have a core tool so I will try to tighten the cores as well.

I got a very small turn on the leaker. Not even a eighth of a turn.
    I think I will run the rears at 15psi for now and see what happens in the snow. [I may end up getting chains.]
    I will also check out the footprint.
    Do you know where the tire is leaking?
    One of the previous posts suggested using soapy water to determine the location. I suggest you try that before anything else. Dishwashing liquid works well.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

I have a CK30hst with Titan brand industrial tires. My manual calls for 50psi in the front and 30psi in the rear. Because of fel work, I keep 50 in the front and run 20 year round in the rear which are marked 8 ply. No matter what pressure you have in the rear, the snow and icy Winter will make these tires slip. I use 3/8" two link ladder chains on the rear and 1/4" two link ladder chains on the front which turns it into a tank. For an idea, this is where I purchased mine: Tire Chains by TireChains.com
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Do you know where the tire is leaking?
    One of the previous posts suggested using soapy water to determine the location. I suggest you try that before anything else. Dishwashing liquid works well.
    It is leaking where the valve stem goes into the rim.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    Bobcat called for 40 or 50 in the rear. If younhad that much they really ballooned out. The Bobcat's have "bobcat" tires.
    I have a CT225, whose tires call for 35 in the rear and 50 in the front. Incidentally, it must be pointed out that the type of tire may affect the recommended pressure. My multi-ply R4's are probably designed to run at a higher pressure--especially in the front--than an R1 or a turf. Turfs may be designed to run at a lower pressure to give extra traction and less damage to the turf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12