Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide #1  

Illini22

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn
I would rather find something used to replace my B7100 with a tractor with a loader. I've looked at a used lb1910 in great shape for $7000, with a chipper (no need but I could sell it). A lk3054 with loader and a old bush hog for $7000, he said he will take $6500. Both tractors have low hours. The 3054 is faded. No blow by or excessive smoking. I then looked at new tractors even though I don't want to spend twice as much. But for some thing so much newer and a warranty,more options etc it may be worth it. Their is a new ds 3510 for sale in Alabama for $13900 with loader. Locally in n. Illinois a dealer has a new ck 35 hst for $15900 plus tax, ck 20s hst for $14499 or a ds 3510 for $14700.
I only have 6 acres, I cut about 1-2 acres, Take care of my 400 foot driveway. I really want/need a loader. I know a ck20.would be plenty but a little concerned about 2 speed hydro, I've read it doesn't move well in high range. My property also has 300 feet of lake frontage that sometimes needs maintenance. I have no food plots or other things to maintain. No house (yet) just a small building with a patio and other creature comforts. I already have a rake, subsoiler, 4'finish mower and a middlebuster. Thanks for any input.

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide #2  
The lb and lk are good older tractors but some have mentioned it's harder to find certain parts if needed. Maybe call a dealer and ask about getting parts for them. Some have mentioned they would like a 3 speed hydro on the CK20 and others have said they get used to how it works. Also, some have said that the CK20 gear is much better than the hydro as far as power. The CK35hst is a step up in frame size and @15hp. Do you need an hst? If not, the DS3510 is slightly bigger again without some of the bells and whistles. I bought a CK30hst before Kioti made the DS series or the CK35hst and the wife didn't want a clutch and shifting or I would have bought a DK35, similar to the DS3510. You say no house yet. If you plan on keeping this tractor, you may want to think of future uses/jobs. From the prices you mentioned, I'd lean toward the DS of the new group. Nobody has ever said they have to much hp, fel lift. Usually size and weight along with price effects how big you go. If you don't think you'll use it much, then maybe save money and go used.

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide
Vic, thanks for the reply. As it stands now ( prices) I think the ck 35 is a much better deal than the ck20s. The ds3510 is the wild card as its a"shuttle" and from what I hear is pretty easy to operate. The used tractors were manual without shuttle shift. I guess my question should be, would you rather have a ds 3510 (shuttle) or a ck20 hst for almost the same price? Or a ds3510 over a ck35 for $1200 cheaper?

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide #4  
From your post, I guess size doesn't matter. Some don't want the weight or it has to fit into a particular storage area. Then that leaves the question of gear or hst. If you are doing a lot of loader work, the hst is a little better for direction changes but you'll see members who are good with their shuttles. If you need to stay at the lower price point and don't mind a gear, I'd give up the CK20hst for the more hp, weight, and fel lift of the DS3510. The DS3510 and CK35hst are very close in weight, same hp and fel lift. When I bought in 2005, the hst version of the same tractor was $1,000 more plus they are adding a few nice features in the CK. I've grown to like the hst and probably wouldn't go back to a gear at least not for $1,200. If at all possible, try to drive each and see how you like both transmissions and then make the decision from there.

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide #5  
I got the ds3510 for the gear, weight, power, and lack of "frilly" crap....I LOVE the ds3510 for it's simplicity and it being more of a farm tractor than other models. It is a great deal for the money, but you will not get any sort of luxury features with it.

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide #6  
I have a CT 120 hydrostatic drive and turf tires which I use on 6 acres. Great workhorse for 90% of what I need it for. I have level land a little on the wet side some years so the turf tires serve me well there. When gardening I often wish for more horsepower, clearance and traction but I only use it for a day or two for that purpose. As far as speed goes on level ground, going fast will shake your guts so much you end up slowing down anyhow. If you have hilly land or clay or rock go with more horsepower.

Buck, i dont believe the ds has telescoping links but, the one I saw did have a quick attack Bucket, does yours. Besides the hydro and cup holder, tele links, what other major differences is yours from the ck35?
Job guy, the ct122 or ck20s would be huge step up from my b7100. I have turfs now so I don't have any experience with r4's, but like that they are more puncture resistant. the ck35 and ds3510 would probably be overkill (as would the used dk3054) for my property but, from the prices quoted to me (so far), there isn't that much of a price spread between the 3 models. I HATE THIS, LOL!! Maybe I should just go buy a dk 90, ha.

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide #8  
Yes, the quick attach is a HUGE plus....any generic QA attachment works and you can easily fab suff with a plate. I scored a pair of pallet forks for 350, by far one of my favorite attachments. The other big plus or me was all metal fenders and no platform at your feet, just a trans tunnel and pedals.

/ Kioti ck 20s, 35 or ds 3510, help me decide #9  
I am a diehard CK20 fan but the CK35 is a much better deal for the $1500 up charge. Three speed hst and almost double the power in a larger frame tractor makes that a relative bargain. The CK20 will do all the work you require though so if you'd rather spend the extra $1500 on a grapple or land plane the CK20 makes sense too. Another alternative is to find a used CK 20/25/27/30/35 or equivalent Bobcat from a private party and save an additional $3000 or so. These are all very reliable machines and all capable of your tasks.

Island, I'm glad you think as I do from a value standpoint regarding the ck20/ck35. When I started this thread I didn't know about bobcat dropping their tractor line. I emailed a dealer 20 miles from me last Friday night ( when I read about it), but have not heard from them yet.