Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued?

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #51  
I got those numbers out of the loader owners manual.
The Kioti can lift more but the Kubota has more breakout force. The 854 is a really nice loader.
Here is a link I found.

Products: LA854 Kubota Canada Ltd.

I also looked up the numbers and couldn't find anything different than you did that broke down the differences in weight. My point was simply that it just doesn't make sense that two loaders which look almost identical (I've seen and operated both) could be almost 600lbs different in weight. Either they both weigh about what Kioti says or they both weight about what Kubota says is my assessment.

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #52  
I also looked up the numbers and couldn't find anything different than you did that broke down the differences in weight. My point was simply that it just doesn't make sense that two loaders which look almost identical (I've seen and operated both) could be almost 600lbs different in weight. Either they both weigh about what Kioti says or they both weight about what Kubota says is my assessment.
I'd bet the "net weight" on the Kubota specs includes the bucket as well. Then the weight difference might not be to unreasonable? It's funny though if you look at the specs for all the Kioti loaders, the weight doesn't change that much with extra lifting capacity. For example the 351 and 401 loaders weigh the same, and the 451 and 901! loader weigh the same even though the 401 and 901 can lift 1/3 more.

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #53  
I'd bet the "net weight" on the Kubota specs includes the bucket as well. Then the weight difference might not be to unreasonable? It's funny though if you look at the specs for all the Kioti loaders, the weight doesn't change that much with extra lifting capacity. For example the 351 and 401 loaders weigh the same, and the 451 and 901! loader weigh the same even though the 401 and 901 can lift 1/3 more.

Interesting point on the Kioti supplied weight specs. I'll just add that there have been errors of that type on the Kioti website for years so it would not be surprising if the Kioti figures are BS. I've removed my loader and cannot imagine that it weighs in the 1600lb range though. I still think the KL401 is likely to weigh about the same as the LA852.