Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued?

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #1  

EHR

Silver Member
Tractor
bcs 720
I was reading in the Bobcat forum about how after 5 years Bobcat is not extending its agreement with Daedong on carrying the tractors. What are your feelings on this?

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #2  
Perhaps it didn't work out for them in this economy. I guess I'll have to rely on Kioti dealers for parts.

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #3  
I think that we all took a bite of a bad tasting sandwich , however it only hits us in the resale department. We all know that the Bobcat is a Kioti and they are great machines. I bought the bobcat over the Kioti because of the better deal at the time. I guess time will tell though. I love the tractor just really p/o at the company...

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #4  
I think that we all took a bite of a bad tasting sandwich , however it only hits us in the resale department. We all know that the Bobcat is a Kioti and they are great machines. I bought the bobcat over the Kioti because of the better deal at the time. I guess time will tell though. I love the tractor just really p/o at the company...
I don't think you'll lose to much resale at all, Bobcat is still around and its a white Kioti so what's it matter really?

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #5  
IndyIan said:
I don't think you'll lose to much resale at all, Bobcat is still around and its a white Kioti so what's it matter really?

Hmmm, you know I have to agree with you. That is my saving grace so to speak... Very good point.

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #6  
Tractor marketing companies have been switching what they sell for the last thirty years that we have been selling them. I've sold one make of tractors under several brand names and colors. They all do and some hardly build anything of there own but just market tractors made by someone else.. It will hurt down the road in ten years or so but staying sharp with a good group of dealers nearby can lessen the pain and inconvience. We still get parts for all tht we have sold but often we find the parts prices go up depending on who is handling them as well as how many times.

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #7  
I am sure glad I ended up purchasing a Kubota. The Bobcat dealer was on me like stink on .... for awhile.

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #8  
sdkubota said:
I am sure glad I ended up purchasing a Kubota. The Bobcat dealer was on me like stink on .... for awhile.

Kubota is a nice machine, but not all that they are talked up to be....
Kioti beats them hands down in many areas.

/ Bobcat rebranded tractor discontinued? #10  
Thanks for the laugh!:laughing:

Seriously!!! :laughing: You might have paid a few thousand more, but all the extras like more lift capacity on the FEL and 3pt and features like telescopic link ends, sway bars, SSQA, rubber floor, cruise control ... etc. Plus you got the 4 year warranty to boot... Oh wait, no sorry, I've got the CK35 and L3400 mixed up again. Well at least you still got to pay more. Who's laughing now?