Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
Sadly my dealer is folding up shop end of this month. My nearest dealer is now 45 minutes away. Sucks. If anyone knows of a dealer in Ontario they really like that isn't too far from Uxbridge please let me know who and where they are.

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing #2  
Our local dealer, who had his place outside of Victoria about 2 1/2 hour drive away, moved to Mill Bay about 1 year ago, which is 1 1/2 hour from my place, has also closed.
Think he was in business for 7-8 years.
Guess on the good side the new dealer is about 1 hour drive away. Think the old dealer spent a lot of money on his new location and he may just have run out of money. As a former owner of a business I know how hard it can be to make a go of it. I did OK but sure know of a lot of businesses that just broke even or went broke.
Too many people think all the money going in the till :drool: is profit for the owner.

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing
Our local dealer, who had his place outside of Victoria about 2 1/2 hour drive away, moved to Mill Bay about 1 year ago, which is 1 1/2 hour from my place, has also closed.
Think he was in business for 7-8 years.
Guess on the good side the new dealer is about 1 hour drive away. Think the old dealer spent a lot of money on his new location and he may just have run out of money. As a former owner of a business I know how hard it can be to make a go of it. I did OK but sure know of a lot of businesses that just broke even or went broke.
Too many people think all the money going in the till :drool: is profit for the owner.

Ha ha. I have 2 businesses, and EVERYBODY gets paid before me LOL...

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing #4  
If you are looking to the east of Uxbridge I would be more than happy to look after your needs. We are Doug's Small Engines in Castleton Ontario www.dougsengines.com and the next dealer to the east. If you are looking west talk to Brad at Markham Mower.

It is very sad to see Lakeridge go. They have got one heck of a loyal customer base and have provided superior service for many years.

Doug

If you are looking to the east of Uxbridge I would be more than happy to look after your needs. We are Doug's Small Engines in Castleton Ontario Doug's Small Engines, 1941 County Road 22, Castleton, Ontario K0K 1M0 (905) 349-3027 and the next dealer to the east. If you are looking west talk to Brad at Markham Mower.

It is very sad to see Lakeridge go. They have got one heck of a loyal customer base and have provided superior service for many years.

Doug

Thanks Doug. I actually have been at your place a few times.

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing #6  
Seems like a lot of Kioti dealers are shutting down...being a Deere owner, I'm just an observer, but it does seem (based upon the TBN threads) more Kioti dealers are closing in comparison to Deere, Kubota or New Holland.
Anyone else notice this, or is my observation wrong?

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing #7  
Seems like a lot of Kioti dealers are shutting down...being a Deere owner, I'm just an observer, but it does seem (based upon the TBN threads) more Kioti dealers are closing in comparison to Deere, Kubota or New Holland.

Seems they are weeding the garden. All the deere places by my are owned by the same family, seems to be a deere thing.

Yes Roy I see the same thing. It worries me as the owner of Kioti.

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing #9  

Around here the only Kioti dealers have been the small tractor repair type shops that have carried a few Bransons and such in the past. The dealer a few minutes down the road from me only has a few units that they purchased from another small dealer. They're willing to sell at cost to get rid of them. I'm not "up" on all of the dealers out there, but to me it looks like Kioti corporate has made some pretty bad decisions when it comes to marketing their line. There's probably a lot more to it...With all of the "big boy" dealers (except Kubota) around here carrying a second line of tractors, why is it that not one of them carries Kioti?

/ Lakeridge equipment uxbridge closing #10  
I have observed a few dealership changes in my area.
What I suspect is that Kioti did what the had to to start up. They accepted smaller competent tractor venders at first that could service the product of which many were not necessarily good business types.
Hard to be both a mechanic and also have a MBA degree.
Probably they also had a quota system in place as after all they want to sell tractors.
Then to meet the Toyota Deere challenge they next would want a dealer to have a nice suitable showroom and a reasonable inventory to showcase the line.
Over the years I have always noticed that the best technical types are usually the worst business types as well as often the reverse is also true.
The ideal is a partnership with each having one of those attributes (or a third with all the $$'s to invest)

As to the 'big boys' not carrying Kioti as a second line, it might just be that the 'big boys' see Kioti as such a threat that they are forbidden to do so.
Ever see a Deere dealer also sell Kubota? or the reverse?
Same goes on with car dealerships. You will often see a major brand car dealership also have a minor specialty brand line but never a i.e. Ford/Chevy dealership.