Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: Dk 40 se hst purchase

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    Not on mine. Are people sure there is someone with float on rear remotes. I honestly had never heard of float on rear remotes before. There is sometimes confusion about spring loaded remote valve or not but I don't recall float as an issue.
    My dealer say's "No such Beast as float on those remotes"
    Murph

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Jhrod View Post
    Well. I went with the bobcat. I couldn't pass on the savings. Along with the savings came 0 % for 5 years and free delivery. I'll pay the 350 for the rear remotes and still be way ahead. I will most likely add 3 rd function and a joystick type loader handle with buttons for a future grapple. Near future. Keep up the good posts on this site. It's been great reads and ill be hanging around for sure.
    Good Job and welcome to the pack, the albino Kioti
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post

Good Job and welcome to the pack, the albino Kioti
    Lol. I second that. Just keep out of the sun. :-)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

What would FLOAT on the rear remotes be good for ???
    The 3 point has no down pressure on basically floats. I have no idea what you would use float for with rear remotes.
    I know I have never run into anything where I needed a float feature on my rear remotes.
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by pickeringchris View Post
    Lol. I second that. Just keep out of the sun. :-)
    Hey, an orange rattle can will fix that bob-kitty right up.. Congratulations on your new tractor. White or Orange, don't make no difference, you will enjoy the heck out of it.!

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Hey, an orange rattle can will fix that bob-kitty right up.. Congratulations on your new tractor. White or Orange, don't make no difference, you will enjoy the heck out of it.!

James K0UA
    James, Didn't you say you had a float setting on your remote?
    Murph

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    James, Didn't you say you had a float setting on your remote?
    Nope not me.. I had the detentes removed, but that does not equal a float setting.. not like what you have on the FEL.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Nope not me.. I had the detentes removed, but that does not equal a float setting.. not like what you have on the FEL.
    That's what I was tinking about, sorry.
    Murph

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by Jhrod View Post
    Well. I went with the bobcat. I couldn't pass on the savings. Along with the savings came 0 % for 5 years and free delivery. I'll pay the 350 for the rear remotes and still be way ahead. I will most likely add 3 rd function and a joystick type loader handle with buttons for a future grapple. Near future. Keep up the good posts on this site. It's been great reads and ill be hanging around for sure.
    I would have done the same thing. When Bobcat pulls the plug just by a few extra cans of Chevy Engine Orange and come back to the Kioti forum. We don't discriminate against albino tractors.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by DK35vince View Post
    What would FLOAT on the rear remotes be good for ???
    The 3 point has no down pressure on basically floats. I have no idea what you would use float for with rear remotes.
    I know I have never run into anything where I needed a float feature on my rear remotes.
    Top link, believe it or not, there are people that mow stuff so rough that the articulated point on the mower does not allow for enough movement of the mower and using a chain for the top link IS NOT SAFE and only allows for extra movement towards the tractor, not away from it.

Side link, yes the 3pt hitch can float up and down. But it will not allow an implement to float side to side. That is where a floating side link can make a huge difference with how a project comes out. There must be some use for it, all the deluxe John Deeres starting at the 3000 series have it mechanically available in their lower clevises along with kubota with the 8540 and up. Several of the other manufacturers also have this floating option available on their larger tractors. All the different manufacturers that offer this have it built into the lower clevises of the 3pt hitch. All that I suggest, is to have it available in the hydraulic at the tip of your hand vs the clevis and have to stop the tractor each time you need this to make use of this option manually.

I personally use this option when finish grading my roads. At intersections, the camber of the road changes going from one road to another. You don't want the implement to follow the tractor as it changes, but want the implement to follow the actual ground that it is above. Another TBN member "Piston" uses the float function to rake his rough fields and is quite happy with the outcome.

Just a few examples.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast