Dk 40 se hst purchase

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #31  
Well then, My Landpride mower has the extra long top link connection. Kioti does not offer a float on remotes.

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #32  
Well then, My Landpride mower has the extra long top link connection. Kioti does not offer a float on remotes.

That is to bad if this is true. I have a call into my local Kioti dealer (about 200 miles away) and at least they said that they had no idea if it was available or not. Apparently Kioti is closed for the holidays and he said that he was going to check and get back with me next week.

I know for a fact that many Kubota guys had no idea that Kubota offered their rear remotes with the float function. But then again many dealers have no idea what Top & Tilt links are either. :( :( :(

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase
Draft. Float on rear remotes. Orange paint.
Check
Beer in cup holder
Check

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #34  
That is to bad if this is true. I have a call into my local Kioti dealer (about 200 miles away) and at least they said that they had no idea if it was available or not. Apparently Kioti is closed for the holidays and he said that he was going to check and get back with me next week.

I know for a fact that many Kubota guys had no idea that Kubota offered their rear remotes with the float function. But then again many dealers have no idea what Top & Tilt links are either. :( :( :(

The only reason I wanted to float is my hydraulic top link for ease of hooking up implements. The cylinder would not have a fast enough reaction for use on a shredder. too slow.

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #35  
I could not get float on my remotes. Why?

The second set of remotes I added to my CK30 had float and I assumed the second set for the DK would be the same, but it wasn't. I haven't asked about it, but it probably won't make a difference at this point.

Is there a float option for the loader ?

No, all the loaders have a float position. Most loaders from most manuf. from the past 20 + years will have it standard as well.

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #36  
The second set of remotes I added to my CK30 had float and I assumed the second set for the DK would be the same, but it wasn't. I haven't asked about it, but it probably won't make a difference at this point.

kiotiken, did you install the 2nd set on both of your tractors or did the dealer? Are they the same type of valve as in will the valve for the CK bolt onto the DK?

I knew that there was someone on TBN that had float with one of their remotes on a Kioti. So it is at least a possibility. :cool2:

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #37  
I could not get float on my remotes. Why?

kiotiken, did you install the 2nd set on both of your tractors or did the dealer? Are they the same type of valve as in will the valve for the CK bolt onto the DK?

I knew that there was someone on TBN that had float with one of their remotes on a Kioti. So it is at least a possibility. :cool2:

No, the dealer did both. They were installing a cab on the CK so they added the second set while they still could (easily) and the DK has a factory cab and I was told one of the rear (loaded) tires would have to come off and that it was going to be a 2-3 hour job for the dealer. Since I didn't want to play with an 800# tire and figured 2-3 hrs for them was 2-3 days for me, I took a pass and let them do it.

The levers in the cab are vastly different on the DK vs the CK, but I don't know about the valves themselves. I did mean to ask why the one they just installed didn't have float, I'll try to remember the next time I'm talking to them.

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #38  

No, all the loaders have a float position. Most loaders from most manuf. from the past 20 + years will have it standard as well.

I am still confused about float on rear remotes. How do you set the float position and what does it do? I understand and use float on my FEL.

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #39  
I am still confused about float on rear remotes. How do you set the float position and what does it do? I understand and use float on my FEL.

Agree, How do you go past the c or d position? Maybe he means detent?

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #40  
Exactly the same as the FEL. For the remote, there was a C and D position and beyond the D (if memory serves, but whatever was down) it went into float. As for why you want float in remotes, I think I actually started a thread way back asking the same thing. Some people pointed to implements that could be used for it, but the one answer that makes sense to me (and the reason it's important to Brian (MtnViewRanch) is for TNT. It's a lot easier to hook up the top link if you can put that remote in the float position, otherwise you're running back and forth trying to get it adjusted perfectly.