Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Dk 40 se hst purchase

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Exactly the same as the FEL. For the remote, there was a C and D position and beyond the D (if memory serves, but whatever was down) it went into float. As for why you want float in remotes, I think I actually started a thread way back asking the same thing. Some people pointed to implements that could be used for it, but the one answer that makes sense to me (and the reason it's important to Brian (MtnViewRanch) is for TNT. It's a lot easier to hook up the top link if you can put that remote in the float position, otherwise you're running back and forth trying to get it adjusted perfectly.
    Ken, If you can I would like the part number of that valve.and how does it stay there?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

The one I just had installed on the DK45 does not have float. I assumed it was going to since the last one did, but doesn't seem to. As for the remote on the CK, I don't have the tractor anymore and I don't think I kept any of the paperwork either.

I'm sure it was and OEM Kioti part since the sticker that was added beside the seat matched the original A - B sticker. The only difference was that the handle was grey, not orange and said it had a float position. To be honest, I never even tried it since I don't have a TNT kit and didn't even have an implement other than my BH that needed hydraulics at the time (I was planning ahead for a snowblower).

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    I am still confused about float on rear remotes. How do you set the float position and what does it do? I understand and use float on my FEL.
    To start with, you would just push the lever further forward-down towards the floor and it will detent in just as the loader valve does.

Some people use it so that they can pull their top link into place when hitching up. Pretty hard to do that if you happen to use a flow restrictor though. Others use it when mowing with a 3pt mower, either the articulated center mount on the mower is not enough or they don't have the flexable point on their mower at all.

Many people are learning that there CAN be many places when there is a huge benefit to have the 3pt implement be able to float up and down side ways, not only up and down with the 3pt hitch draft arms. This way the implement is free to float in all directions as you go over the ground.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post

To start with, you would just push the lever further forward-down towards the floor and it will detent in just as the loader valve does.

Some people use it so that they can pull their top link into place when hitching up. Pretty hard to do that if you happen to use a flow restrictor though. Others use it when mowing with a 3pt mower, either the articulated center mount on the mower is not enough or they don't have the flexable point on their mower at all.

Many people are learning that there CAN be many places when there is a huge benefit to have the 3pt implement be able to float up and down side ways, not only up and down with the 3pt hitch draft arms. This way the implement is free to float in all directions as you go over the ground.
    The 3PT normally allows float up because it does not apply down pressure. Side to side on my Kioti rig is achieved by selecting the long oblong rather than round hole for the side link pin. Just not clear what the advantage is for the DK.

Tractor

Just got off the phone with my Service Department, There is no float on a factory remote valve and if you say there is they would like to know the part number cause its not in the book.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

The 3PT normally allows float up because it does not apply down pressure. Side to side on my Kioti rig is achieved by selecting the long oblong rather than round hole for the side link pin. Just not clear what the advantage is for the DK.
    The 3 point will move up and down with terrain, but a top link in float will allow the implement to change angles. Not sure what good that is, but there is a bit of a distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Just got off the phone with my Service Department, There is no float on a factory remote valve and if you say there is they would like to know the part number cause its not in the book.
    They may be right for a DK, but not for a CK. Mine was clearly labelled with a float position. I'll take a look to see if the paperwork is still in the tractor file, but I don't think I kept it after trading the tractor.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Will you please post a picture of the elongated hole that you are talking about? We are not talking about the slot in the stabilizers. Unless your DK 40 is different, the lower clevis on the side link should have 3 holes in it.

Yes the 3pt floats up & down, both arms together at the same rate. By putting the side link in float mode, you now have independent float on the left & right side of the implement.
    We are not talking about side to side motion between the tires, but on a box blade for instance that the right side would be able to float up and down independently of the left side.

Where would you use the float function? I use that function at the intersections of my roads, where as you go around the corner, the camber of the road changes and you want the implement to follow what the road is doing, not the tractor. TBN user Piston has used the float function while raking some rough terrain and is very happy with the results.

Those are only a couple of examples. It is not something that everyone will use, especial if you don't do any grading, but for those of us that do make use of it, it becomes indispensable.
    Brian

Tractor

Your Side link would only float on one side.
    Murph ------------

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Your Side link would only float on one side.
    Your hitch floats up and down. A Fit Rite side link that is put into float mode floats up and down an equal amount. If the left side needs to float down, then the 3pt will float down and the right side side link will float up. This allows for the left side of the 3pt hitch to float down.

Have you guys never looked at a 3000 or 4000 series John Deere? A kubota M8540 or M9540? These tractors have a slot in the lower clevis that when pinned in the proper way allows for each individual draft arm to pivot up and down independently. This is not a long slot because of where it is located. By having a hydraulic link that can be put into float mode, you achieve the exact same motion capacity without having to stop and get off the tractor and move a couple of pins. It's really quite simple, and works very well in the right applications.
    Brian

Tractor

You say Pototo I say potato.
    Murph ------------

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast