Dk 40 se hst purchase

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #61  
Hey pmaintman looks like we might be almost twins (soon) I just ordered a DK40SE (gear with loader and beet juice) $21,800 and I own a cub cadet 7260 . Since the hydro was quoted to me at $1,700 more, it looks like your price is pretty good.. IT was $24,275 for the DK45SE Hydro. I live in an expensive area (NW Oregon) and we usually pay more because of shipping, limited dealerships and supply/demand economics. Not to mention we border California!

I bet you are going to like your new Kioti, I sure like mine

James K0UA

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #62  
bvanek, Looks to me like we`re more like twins than you think.I also owned a cub cadet 7265(the hydro version of the 7260).I traded it in on my new Kioti.Good luck with the new toy,I mean tractor.

/ Dk 40 se hst purchase #63  
thanks guys Looking forward to my new tractor. Will be keeping the Cub Cadet. It's really been a good tractor but it's just not quite big enough and I often have overworked it. Will use it for tighter squeezes and smaller stuff. I have both pasture and woods, but essentially not flat. I yard firewood from the woods and have to mow the fields because I only have one old retired horse left to eat down the grass. I also am constantly fixing and grading my long and steep driveway. ( I live on a hilltop) Just can't get er done without a tractor. Hopefully the xtra HP and wt. of the Kioti will offset some of the issues I had with the Cub Cadet

I thought about hydro for quite a while, but opted for gear. (Didn't want to retrain myself after using gears all my life). I test drove the hydros and just didn't feel comfortable in them. Plus I saved enough money to buy a new rotary cutter. My old one didn't have a slip clutch and the gear box keep leaking.