Buying Advice Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti #1  

mjerrott

Hello,

I am in eastern Ontario, Ottawa Valley and am interested in switching my MF GC 2300 for a Kioti 30hp gear.

My MF is 6 years old and having a lot of nagging problems and break downs, all parts have to come from the dealer at silly prices, especially when you replace the same part three times.

Does anybody know the cost for a 30 hp gear with a loader and mid mount PTO.

What are the costs for parts and are bolts standard or metric threads or their own special brand.

We have a 3 acer house lot to care for and occasional fire wood cutting and snow removal.

Thanks for your advice.

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti #2  
A current post from a member in the state of Virginia has a CK30 hydro with fel at $15,500. The hydro is about $1,000 more which should cover the cost of the mid pto on a gear. The prices vary throughout the states so hard to tell what they want up North. Hopefully neighboring members will give you Canadian prices. Kioti parts come from a Kioti dealer but seem to be reasonably priced compared to what other members have advised about other brands. Bolts and such are all metric. I have a CK30hst (hydro) with fel and I think that size would fit you well. If you wanted more pto power, you could go with the CK35 gear. 30hp vs 34hp at the engine but around $1,000 more.

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti
Hi Vic,

Thanks for the info, the fact that Kioti has manual transmission and metric bolts is almost enough for me to dump my MF. I do expect to pay for replacement parts and the dealership will stock them or get them quickly but I am hateing having to fix a 6yr old tractor monthly that we do yrad maintence with at very high parts prices.
My drive way is 675 feet long and the MF seem to always break down in the winter and during the holidays.
Mike

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti #4  
You might want to check out a the bobcat version as well. Your local dealer maybe trying to unload one from his inventory.

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti #5  
Not sure where in the Valley you are, but I highly recommend my dealer, Bromely Farm Supply in Douglas Ontario (between Renfrew and Eganville if that helps). They include pick up and delivery for warranty work, the 50 hrs service (labour, you pay for parts), block heater, loaded tires etc. They are excellent to deal with and the pricing was very good too. My CK30 HST was a bit of a problem tractor and tested their service and they never let me down. They fixed it a bunch of times at my house and floated it up to their shop (and returned it) several times as well, all no charge. My DK45 has been a rock and I haven't had any issues at all.

Having owned a CK30 HST and now a DK45 HST, I'd at least get the pricing of a CK30 gear vs DK40 gear. For a few thousand there are LOTS of improvements. The biggest is the FEL, 2700# vs 1200#, independant auto/manual PTO vs Live PTO, draft control, electronic 4X4, 4 cylinders vs 3, plenty more on the instrument pannel and the feature everybody (including me) seems to love, being able to adjust the 3 point from the rear of the tractor. There's plenty more improvments as well, it's worth comparing the two.

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti #6  
Not sure where in the Valley you are, but I highly recommend my dealer, Bromely Farm Supply in Douglas Ontario (between Renfrew and Eganville if that helps). They include pick up and delivery for warranty work, the 50 hrs service (labour, you pay for parts), block heater, loaded tires etc. They are excellent to deal with and the pricing was very good too. My CK30 HST was a bit of a problem tractor and tested their service and they never let me down. They fixed it a bunch of times at my house and floated it up to their shop (and returned it) several times as well, all no charge. My DK45 has been a rock and I haven't had any issues at all.

Having owned a CK30 HST and now a DK45 HST, I'd at least get the pricing of a CK30 gear vs DK40 gear. For a few thousand there are LOTS of improvements. The biggest is the FEL, 2700# vs 1200#, independant auto/manual PTO vs Live PTO, draft control, electronic 4X4, 4 cylinders vs 3, plenty more on the instrument pannel and the feature everybody (including me) seems to love, being able to adjust the 3 point from the rear of the tractor. There's plenty more improvments as well, it's worth comparing the two.

^this

I did the same, went from a 30 to a 40...no regrets.

Thank You,

I am in Petawawa, Douglas is only 1hr away, I will travel for good service as aposed to 25 min for not being treated well for what I feel as a small time guy with one small tractor. I know where it is we get our feed and seed from there on Hyw 60.

We have a rural home on 10 acers with 3 cleared and have a 100 acer wood lot attached, we mostly do finish mowing, snow clearing with a front blade, rear 54" two stage snow blower. We cut our own fire wood noting larger than 18" popular 8-10" lengths. I think a 30-35hp would be enough powder for us, but a stronger FEL is always nice the DK is too big for our garage.

What was the cost for parts like for your CK 30 and how quick were they with ordering them or did they usually have most of them in stock?

Thanks for your advice.

Mike

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti #8  
I'm almost the same distance from them in the other direction and I agree, having a good dealer is very important and worth a little extra travel, although, I've only been there twice, once to buy the CK and once for the DK. For the most part, they come to me, and that's even better!

As far as the parts go, they've all been under warranty, so I haven't had to buy any yet other than filters. I bought the filters and oil from Bromley for the 50hr service for both tractors and they were very reasonble. As for warranty issues, I never had an issue that stopped me from using the tractor, just many small issues. They were always able to get parts quickly and they usually did the work right on site. Having free pick up and delivery while the tractor is under warranty is important to me since I can't move it myself. Extra remote kits for both CK and DK were only $375 + install if you want them to do it. That can be over $1000 from what I've heard for other shades of orange.

Unfortunately, your 54" blower will not cover the tracks of a CK27/30/35 or DK40/45/50. You'll need 62" minimum for the CK30 with R4's and about 70" for a DK (my 74" is perfect).

One of the big reasons I upgraded to the DK was because of my firewood. I bought a bunch of firewood bags from a company out of London Ont. and I fill them straight from the splitter onto a pallet. The CK isn't able to lift a full bag where the DK can lift a full bag and stack it 8ft in the air. A bag is just slightly less than a face cord. As far as the logs go, a CK30 would lift that with no problem, I used pallet forks to do that all the time.

If a DK is too big for the garage, I'd be surprised if the CK fit. The DK is taller (but you can fold the ROPS) and a little wider, but not much longer. They both fit in my shelter about the same.

/ Thinking of switching my MF GC2300 for Kioti #9  
100 ac of woods/firewood? I'd look real hard at the DK40 and consider building a new shed just for it:)

Remember your talking CK30 = <1200lbs FEL lift......DK40 = >2800lbs FEL lift.....there just simply is no comparison.

100 ac of woods/firewood? I'd look real hard at the DK40 and consider building a new shed just for it:)

Remember your talking CK30 = <1200lbs FEL lift......DK40 = >2800lbs FEL lift.....there just simply is no comparison.

We will have to check out the CK 30 and Dk40 side by side and measure up to garage attached to the house (7x6 door)if not I just finished a 10x 20 garden shed with a 8x7 roll up door. Our 100 acers is all bush, mix of popular large pine and birch with maple in the back by the swamp.

Thanks for all the in put, we will take a drive next weekend and look at the dealer in Douglas.