Changed Colors....

/ Changed Colors.... #11  
Another good comment about Walllace. No surprise!

/ Changed Colors.... #12  
Hey gkm, do you find that the new tractor is overkill for you on the same property that you used a CK20? I have a CT122 (same tractor as the CK20) and was eying the CT335 at my dealer the other day. I'm pretty sure that I would absolutely love the CT335, but I'm not convinced there's anything that I can't do on my property with my CT122! The deals out there are hard to pass up though, and that cab sure is pretty! I worry that even though I'd like the added lift capacity and horsepower, I wouldn't be nearly as maneuverable with the bigger tractor.

I don't have a cab (wish I did in the winter). but my DK35se is very maneuverable. I believer that is the same basic tractor as the CT335 you are looking at. I have 7 acres almost all wooded, but probably run around on 3 or so, the rest is impassable (too steep). Mt. Lion country.:)

James K0UA

/ Changed Colors.... #13  
I think I'd adapt pretty well, but before I got my ct122 I rented a 33hp deere and it felt huge in my yard. I have quite a few less trees than I did then so maneuverability isn't as big of an issue but its hard to justify such a big tractor for yard mowing and driveway maintenance. I have only 2.5 acres and a 600 ft driveway to maintain. Someday I'd like a few more acres of pasture/yard and a small stand of timber for woodworking sawmill projects and firewood. Maybe when Bobcat gets serious about getting rid of their tractor stock I'll jump onboard and upgrade to a cabbed ct335 :)

/ Changed Colors.... #14  
A COAT???? Why were you so over dressed? My 2 yr old son and I go out all the time with him in his PJs and me in a short sleave shirt. It's still too hot and we have to turn it down. -28C for the next couple nights with a wind chill of -38C, just beautiful tractor weather!

It's so warm, the poor guy can't stay awake in the tractor.

View attachment 299022

I know, I hear ya! Main reason is it takes me about 10-15 minutes to plow out my home. The 8' snowbox is overkill but it works great. It is just enough time for the tractor to warm up! Then your done. When I do the parking lot at the church I am in a t-shirt and the fan set on 2 and the temp in the middle. I have never had to pass 3 on the fan for heat or to keep everything defogged. Really a very good cab, comparable to most of big equipment I operate. Just wish the noise level was a little less, but it is still better that most of the compacts I tested. CJ
That is a great pic of your son!!

/ Changed Colors.... #15  
Go ahead guys. Keep rubbing it in how warm and dry those cabs are.
Rub that salt in the wound for us cold, wet open cab operators;)

/ Changed Colors.... #16  
Go ahead guys. Keep rubbing it in how warm and dry those cabs are.
Rub that salt in the wound for us cold, wet open cab operators;)

No no, we're not rubbing it in. Why just yesterday, I hit the A/C button by accident while only wearing a tee shirt and got quite the chill for a minute, we feel your pain :)

/ Changed Colors....
I think I'd adapt pretty well, but before I got my ct122 I rented a 33hp deere and it felt huge in my yard. I have quite a few less trees than I did then so maneuverability isn't as big of an issue but its hard to justify such a big tractor for yard mowing and driveway maintenance. I have only 2.5 acres and a 600 ft driveway to maintain. Someday I'd like a few more acres of pasture/yard and a small stand of timber for woodworking sawmill projects and firewood. Maybe when Bobcat gets serious about getting rid of their tractor stock I'll jump onboard and upgrade to a cabbedct335 :)[/QUOTE

Trust me, you'll adapt really quickly to the size. Also, I don't know what you're getting for pricing, but if you have access to a ct335 w/ cab, you really need to jump if that's what you want. I don't ever intend on selling mine, I really like (for the most part) Daedong's engineering and build quality, so personally, I could care less about bobcat's "orphaned" perception, don't worry about obtaining parts and expect the same reliability as my old ck 20s.

BTW-just purchased a 72" rear finish mower; however, it's puke yellow. I'm not having it put together so I can paint it. Any color suggestions? I'm thinking orange or black.

/ Changed Colors....
No no, we're not rubbing it in. Why just yesterday, I hit the A/C button by accident while only wearing a tee shirt and got quite the chill for a minute, we feel your pain :)

No, not at all! In my cab today at about 15 degrees with just a sweatshirt on. My 335 starts beautifully...not like my old ck20. The 20s always started first time, but very temperamental for about 10 seconds or so when it's real cold
out.

Now that I can't get my new 335 in the garage or shed, I have to come up with a new plan...just another PITA!

/ Changed Colors.... #19  
Really a very good cab, comparable to most of big equipment I operate. Just wish the noise level was a little less, but it is still better that most of the compacts I tested. CJ

I've had the same thought. My first two tractors had after market cabs and the noise was almost enough to make your ears bleed. There's a huge improvement with this cab and all the sound proofing they've done, but I'm still not %100 satisfied. I'm not sure why the tractor should be any louder than a diesel car, you can hardly hear the engines in those anymore.

I've been interested in doing a vertical stack similar to the one Paul (4shorts) did. Either in one of his posts or in his video, he mentioned it changed the sound of the engine. I'm wondering what would happen if my verticle stack also incorporated a second muffler. Would having 2 mufflers be harmful to the engine, would it make any difference etc. I think next summer I want to try and reduce the noise level a little.

That is a great pic of your son!!

Thanks, apparently he gets more than a little upset in the house if he sees me on the tractor and he didn't get an invite, but almost without fail, he's asleep within ten minutes of getting in.

/ Changed Colors.... #20  
I've had the same thought. My first two tractors had after market cabs and the noise was almost enough to make your ears bleed. There's a huge improvement with this cab and all the sound proofing they've done, but I'm still not %100 satisfied. I'm not sure why the tractor should be any louder than a diesel car, you can hardly hear the engines in those anymore.

I've been interested in doing a vertical stack similar to the one Paul (4shorts) did. Either in one of his posts or in his video, he mentioned it changed the sound of the engine. I'm wondering what would happen if my verticle stack also incorporated a second muffler. Would having 2 mufflers be harmful to the engine, would it make any difference etc. I think next summer I want to try and reduce the noise level a little.

IMHO, it is not the exhaust noise that is the problem. The 2 things that would help alot is more isolation/sound proofing between cab and the engine and more sound deadening [sp] in the cab. Plastic and glass does not absorb sound. The john deere cab has more sound deadening than any I have ran. Even their big equipment is amazing for the lack of sound in the cab. The 624J I rent is quiet and very comfortable. Hard to believe actually the dang this is quieter that my wifes car. When summer hits I am going to try some sound proofing tricks. CJ

Thanks, apparently he gets more than a little upset in the house if he sees me on the tractor and he didn't get an invite, but almost without fail, he's asleep within ten minutes of getting in.
Your a lucky man!!!