Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Default Re: Changed Colors....

Let us know what you're doing and how it goes. Whoever starts first should start a thread about it. I agree that more sound proofing is needed in the cab. They have done some with coating under the fenders etc, but obviously more is needed. I do think a better muffler would cut engine noise which would help. The problem is there's not much room in there and I'd like a verticle stack anyway. This also makes kubota's HST+ look really nice, you wouldn't have the engine screaming at you all day long at a constant RPM when you don't need it to be.

I have always thought that JD cabs unmatched, unfortunatly, that includes price.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    Let us know what you're doing and how it goes. Whoever starts first should start a thread about it. I agree that more sound proofing is needed in the cab. They have done some with coating under the fenders etc, but obviously more is needed. I do think a better muffler would cut engine noise which would help. The problem is there's not much room in there and I'd like a verticle stack anyway. This also makes kubota's HST+ look really nice, you wouldn't have the engine screaming at you all day long at a constant RPM when you don't need it to be.

I have always thought that JD cabs unmatched, unfortunatly, that includes price.
    I hear ya on the JD stuff. The problem with the Kubota is you only get max rpm under load and that stinks when you are running a loader with slow hydraulics so your back to the set RPM. The majority of what I do is loader work so it was not a big + for me. I'll post on the sound venture. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by CJONE View Post
    I hear ya on the JD stuff. The problem with the kubota is you only get max rpm under load and that stinks when you are running a loader with slow hydraulics so your back to the set RPM. The majority of what I do is loader work so it was not a big + for me. I'll post on the sound venture. CJ
    Good point. Yes, please post everything you do that does or doesn't make a difference for sound, I'll do the same. Since we're way off topic at this point anyway, what do you think of the KL401 loader and response time. I love how strong it is, but it obviously comes at the expense of responsiveness. I seem to sit there all day waiting for it to dump. On the flip side, the KL130 on my CK30 was lightning fast, something I got used to and loved. The down side was that I often had to start backing out of a pile before it would be able to lift or curl. I would put my CK30 against my DK45 for moving a triaxle load of top soil any day.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Maybe it just me being a little (well a lot ) deaf, but I dont find my machines to be noisy enough to require ear plugs or head gear even on my kubota RTV 900 which folks complain about being noisy. I dont see it. MY B26 has a loud transmission whine but not so loud that I would need to were hearing protection. And inside the cab on my LS it is super quiet. Sure I can hear the engine noise but it isnt loud and the vertical exhaust it at the top of the cab, but who wants to be totally isolated from any sound. One needs to hear the machinery "talking " to you when in operation so you can tell when something changes for the worse.
    As for additional sound proofing, maybe some deadening under the cab mounting brackets or under the floor might help if you think the noise is too loud, but that would be about it. Most of the sound is going to be transmitted thru the glass which it 66% of the cab (all except for top and floor is glass).

If I wanted to further reduce cab noise, I would put a thick foam rubber floor mat in like the kind you put down to stand on around a work station. It think it would help in blocking any transmitted noise from the engine and frame a bit but that is about the only place you could do anything. I dont think you could achieve much from the top as it has a bunch of control cable etc under that that you couldnt do much anyway and most sound is not going to come radiating from the top. Only sound coming from below would hit the top and echo back, eliminate the floor noise and nothing would be bouncing downward anyway. My cab has a thick foam pad over my head so not much noise coming thu that except for the stereo speakers when I happen to turn on the radio.

If I ever get industrious, I may buy some of those interlocking foam pads and take out the rubber mat, use it as a pattern and cut out a total foam insert, then put my rubber pad back on top. There is some opening around the brakes and clutch that might could be closed up a bit for dust control.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Good point. Yes, please post everything you do that does or doesn't make a difference for sound, I'll do the same. Since we're way off topic at this point anyway, what do you think of the KL401 loader and response time. I love how strong it is, but it obviously comes at the expense of responsiveness. I seem to sit there all day waiting for it to dump. On the flip side, the KL130 on my CK30 was lightning fast, something I got used to and loved. The down side was that I often had to start backing out of a pile before it would be able to lift or curl. I would put my CK30 against my DK45 for moving a triaxle load of top soil any day.
    Ken that is one thing I noticed between my DK35se and the DK40 the DK35se is mucho faster than the DK40, They both use the same pump but the cylinders are smaller on the DK35se so the DK40 outlifts it but the DK35se is faster. At first I thought it TOO fast, but I got used to it. I guess it is all in what you get used to.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

I've been interested in doing a vertical stack similar to the one Paul (4shorts) did. Either in one of his posts or in his video, he mentioned it changed the sound of the engine. I'm wondering what would happen if my verticle stack also incorporated a second muffler. Would having 2 mufflers be harmful to the engine, would it make any difference etc. I think next summer I want to try and reduce the noise level a little..
    Ken the stack conversion I did changed the sound but in a good way. It wasn't any louder but more of a heavier tone to it. I've got 80 hours own the tractor since the conversion and I would be without it now.
    Put up a video while plowing in the night. I'm pleased with the noise level in the cab.

Night video Jan 28 2013 - YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    Ken the stack conversion I did changed the sound but in a good way. It wasn't any louder but more of a heavier tone to it. I've got 80 hours own the tractor since the conversion and I would be without it now.
    Put up a video while plowing in the night. I'm pleased with the noise level in the cab.

Night video Jan 28 2013 - YouTube
    I remember you saying you liked the new sound. I guess I was hoping it would be a little quieter at the same time. Had I not bought and refurbed a snow blower this fall, I would have done the stack, now it'll have to wait till the spring or summer. Best to take baby steps to avoid loosing the tractor in a divorce!

I don't think my cab is overly loud, you can easily listen to the radio, but when you're using the blower in deep heavy snow and you set the RPM in the 2800 range, it's not quite as peaceful.

Great video, I saw it right after you posted it.

-p1017762-jpg-p1017780-jpg

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

I remember you saying you liked the new sound. I guess I was hoping it would be a little quieter at the same time. Had I not bought and refurbed a snow blower this fall, I would have done the stack, now it'll have to wait till the spring or summer. Best to take baby steps to avoid loosing the tractor in a divorce!

I don't think my cab is overly loud, you can easily listen to the radio, but when you're using the blower in deep heavy snow and you set the RPM in the 2800 range, it's not quite as peaceful.

Great video, I saw it right after you posted it.

-p1017762-jpg-p1017780-jpg
    Man you did a nice job on that snow blower! Sure is a great sense of accomplishment when it turns out as nice as that. The stack conversion is a well worth while mod to do. When I had the kubota 4240 I wanted to do it but never took the time but when I got the 5740 I figured it was time to go for it. I couldn't find anyone on the net that did it so I was on my own but as luck would have it, it turned out great and I'm very happy with it.

It takes time to do anything so I'm sure in time you'll get to doing yours but I've always believed that its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission
    I've been married for 32 years to a great lady. She's never held me back on anything including my work and believe me there were times i think she should have
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

GKM.....since the 13th & no PICTURE??? You killing us man
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    Bocat CT335 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
    GKM.....since the 13th & no PICTURE??? You killing us man
    Sorry...I thought I posted some pics...maybe in other thread.

See below:

-dsc_0259-jpg-dsc_0258-jpg-dsc_0257-jpg
    Bobcat CT335 Hydro Cab w/ BobTach FEL, 72" Box Blade, 72" finish mower, 3pt spreader, 1000 lb. roller, tow-along 30 gal. sprayer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast