Changed Colors....

/ Changed Colors.... #1  

gkm

Silver Member
Tractor
Bocat CT335 HST Cab
Hey all!

I figured that at 52, I'm done sweating profusely in the summer and frezzing/getting wet in the winter! So, I've been researching cab tractors for a while and finally ran across, what I consider, to be an extremely great deal.

I called Rick Wallace on a few days ago inquiring on a Mahindra 3616 cab. During our discussion, Rick was kind enough to offer his opinion, which I, like many others, value his opinion. That said I strayed from the Mahindra and was offered a Bobcat CT335 cab w/ loader. The tractor's got 41 hours on it and both Rick and I are perplexed as there's never been a loader on the machine and you'd be hard pressed to find any scratches anywhere underneath or around the tractor. The tractor was never sold and Rick got it from a dealer in FL as he's trying to get all the Bocats that he can get his hands on. Now the loader's another story in that there's the Bobcat rust through issue; however, it's really not that bad as it appears just to be on the shape edges of the loader tube and areas where welding was performed. I will sand down the areas in question and paint accordingly and no one will know the differnce.

I'm completely in awe that I got this tractor for such a deal and Rick was kind enough to give me what I consider a fair deal to both of us on my ck20s. Rick and Amy and others were great to work with, had my paperwork done before I showed up and was out of there with tractor-in-tow within an hour! I would not hesitate to recommend Wallace Equipment and have absoulutely no reservations that if you purchase, you'd most likely find it difficult to get better pricing and better down to earth people to deal with.

I know...I'll get pics up as soon as I put the radio in!

Greg

Last edited:
   / Changed Colors.... #2  
What you have is a Albino Kioti.

/ Changed Colors.... #3  
I was in a similar situation, I knew that before I retired, I would have a cab tractor, so why wait. I ended up with a MF 1635. During the snow I had a couple of weeks ago, I was out snow blowing after work in sneakers with no gloves. I LIKE IT!!

/ Changed Colors....
I was in a similar situation, I knew that before I retired, I would have a cab tractor, so why wait. I ended up with a MF 1635. During the snow I had a couple of weeks ago, I was out snow blowing after work in sneakers with no gloves. I LIKE IT!!

The cab's beautiful...I even go down the hill in the morning to get the paper! Let it warm up for a few minutes and it's nice and warm inside. I'm with you, why wait?

/ Changed Colors.... #5  
Hey gkm, do you find that the new tractor is overkill for you on the same property that you used a CK20? I have a CT122 (same tractor as the CK20) and was eying the CT335 at my dealer the other day. I'm pretty sure that I would absolutely love the CT335, but I'm not convinced there's anything that I can't do on my property with my CT122! The deals out there are hard to pass up though, and that cab sure is pretty! I worry that even though I'd like the added lift capacity and horsepower, I wouldn't be nearly as maneuverable with the bigger tractor.

/ Changed Colors....
Hey gkm, do you find that the new tractor is overkill for you on the same property that you used a CK20? I have a CT122 (same tractor as the CK20) and was eying the CT335 at my dealer the other day. I'm pretty sure that I would absolutely love the CT335, but I'm not convinced there's anything that I can't do on my property with my CT122! The deals out there are hard to pass up though, and that cab sure is pretty! I worry that even though I'd like the added lift capacity and horsepower, I wouldn't be nearly as maneuverable with the bigger tractor.

While I really loved my ck20s, I just am tired of not being comfortable when out doing lawn/road maintenance. That said, no, I don't think it's overkill for my 3 acres as my property is very hilly and steep. I also maintain our private road...about 1/3 mile.

Hope this helped.

/ Changed Colors.... #7  

When I went from my JD 955 to my Kioti CK30, I thought, wow, it's huge. Then I traded to a DK45 and at first thought I must have rocks in my head. It seemed like a monster and way too big. It didn't take long to adjust and it doesn't seem big to me at all anymore. I don't think it's much if any less maneuverable than either the JD 955 or CK 30. Like gkm, I only have 3 acres, but it's not really how much property you've got, it's what you need the tractor to do. For me, I still max the DK45 out, althought not very often and it's just a better fit for my needs/wants. I regularly do things that the CK30 simply couldn't. I also pull up to my friends Case 110 and feel like I'm driving a garden tractor, so size is only a perception.

/ Changed Colors.... #8  
A cabbed tractor of any color is one of the best investments you can ever make. I made the jump several years ago and haven't regretted it for one minute. Summer mowing in 100+ temperatures with dust and chaff flying is almost a pleasure. The heater in winter isn't bad either. :)

/ Changed Colors.... #9  
A cabbed tractor of any color is one of the best investments you can ever make. I made the jump several years ago and haven't regretted it for one minute. Summer mowing in 100+ temperatures with dust and chaff flying is almost a pleasure. The heater in winter isn't bad either. :)

Huh, lets see, -5f below zero last night,20 mph winds, plowing snow in jeans and a coat with a window cracked open because of being too hot. Yea a heater and a cab is a good thing!!! CJ

/ Changed Colors.... #10  
Huh, lets see, -5f below zero last night,20 mph winds, plowing snow in jeans and a coat with a window cracked open because of being too hot. Yea a heater and a cab is a good thing!!! CJ

A COAT???? Why were you so over dressed? My 2 yr old son and I go out all the time with him in his PJs and me in a short sleave shirt. It's still too hot and we have to turn it down. -28C for the next couple nights with a wind chill of -38C, just beautiful tractor weather!

It's so warm, the poor guy can't stay awake in the tractor.

sleep.jpg

Attachments

• sleep.jpg
    sleep.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 99