Changed Colors....

/ Changed Colors.... #31  
Good point. Yes, please post everything you do that does or doesn't make a difference for sound, I'll do the same. Since we're way off topic at this point anyway, what do you think of the KL401 loader and response time. I love how strong it is, but it obviously comes at the expense of responsiveness. I seem to sit there all day waiting for it to dump. On the flip side, the KL130 on my CK30 was lightning fast, something I got used to and loved. The down side was that I often had to start backing out of a pile before it would be able to lift or curl. I would put my CK30 against my DK45 for moving a triaxle load of top soil any day.

I am used to larger machines and it is a little slower, as far as dumping you almost have to use the regen circuit. Once mine is warm it works about 95% of the time. Not a big fan of the regen but it does help. But I will take power over speed [within reason], I run the tractor at about 2400 RPM using the loader to help with speed. You can compensate for speed with timing but power, you either have it or you don't. Moved about 10 cord of pulp wood with my grapple for a friend on Friday night and this little tractor still impresses me.
To the O/P that is a great looking tractor and I am sure you will enjoy it. Mine is a 12 and I have had it less than a year and I am over 200 hours. CJ

/ Changed Colors.... #32  
Maybe it just me being a little (well a lot ) deaf, but I dont find my machines to be noisy enough to require ear plugs or head gear even on my Kubota RTV 900 which folks complain about being noisy. I dont see it. MY B26 has a loud transmission whine but not so loud that I would need to were hearing protection. And inside the cab on my LS it is super quiet. Sure I can hear the engine noise but it isnt loud and the vertical exhaust it at the top of the cab, but who wants to be totally isolated from any sound. One needs to hear the machinery "talking " to you when in operation so you can tell when something changes for the worse.
As for additional sound proofing, maybe some deadening under the cab mounting brackets or under the floor might help if you think the noise is too loud, but that would be about it. Most of the sound is going to be transmitted thru the glass which it 66% of the cab (all except for top and floor is glass).

If I wanted to further reduce cab noise, I would put a thick foam rubber floor mat in like the kind you put down to stand on around a work station. It think it would help in blocking any transmitted noise from the engine and frame a bit but that is about the only place you could do anything. I dont think you could achieve much from the top as it has a bunch of control cable etc under that that you couldnt do much anyway and most sound is not going to come radiating from the top. Only sound coming from below would hit the top and echo back, eliminate the floor noise and nothing would be bouncing downward anyway. My cab has a thick foam pad over my head so not much noise coming thu that except for the stereo speakers when I happen to turn on the radio.

If I ever get industrious, I may buy some of those interlocking foam pads and take out the rubber mat, use it as a pattern and cut out a total foam insert, then put my rubber pad back on top. There is some opening around the brakes and clutch that might could be closed up a bit for dust control.

Gary I agree 100% with you, even the deaf part. Grinders,impacts and loud engines have done me in. The biggest help would be sound absorbsion in the cab but I have not figured out how to do it and look good. I am going to put dynamat in the head liner and insulate between the engine/cab. My tractor has a nice rubber pad under the floormat so I will throw some dynamat on the bottom of the floor also. Well see when summer gets here. CJ

/ Changed Colors.... #34  
Awwww---- you guys must be claustrophobic in those little bitty warm cabs- get out in the fresh air with the rest of us poor open air slobs.
Put on the old snow mobile suit with hand warmers and goggles, let the snow freeze on your chin and melt down your neck --man up, for goodness sake.

/ Changed Colors.... #35  
It's rough, but I'm coping.

/ Changed Colors....
Gary I agree 100% with you, even the deaf part. Grinders,impacts and loud engines have done me in. The biggest help would be sound absorbsion in the cab but I have not figured out how to do it and look good. I am going to put dynamat in the head liner and insulate between the engine/cab. My tractor has a nice rubber pad under the floormat so I will throw some dynamat on the bottom of the floor also. Well see when summer gets here. CJ

I don't find the cab that loud, but I don't have anything to compare except OS. I think your idea regarding dynamat is a good one and would cut down on some noise. I do agree w/ Gary...the cab's mostly glass and that in itself is where the majority of noise is coming from. How about putting dynamat on top of transmission cover (on sides of seat bottom)?

/ Changed Colors.... #37  
Awwww---- you guys must be claustrophobic in those little bitty warm cabs- get out in the fresh air with the rest of us poor open air slobs.
Put on the old snow mobile suit with hand warmers and goggles, let the snow freeze on your chin and melt down your neck --man up, for goodness sake.

:laughing:

/ Changed Colors.... #38  
I don't find the cab that loud, but I don't have anything to compare except OS. I think your idea regarding dynamat is a good one and would cut down on some noise. I do agree w/ Gary...the cab's mostly glass and that in itself is where the majority of noise is coming from. How about putting dynamat on top of transmission cover (on sides of seat bottom)?

The Dynamat works great for blocking the noise but I need to find something that will absorb it better. In big equipment the headliners are either felt like material or are perferated to absorb sound. If the tractor would fit in my garage I would start now but I'll wait till spring. The nice big heated cab has turned me in to a wimp. I am so used to blowing snow on a open tractor, I still put on a hat gloves and coat. And that usually is off in about 15 min. CJ

/ Changed Colors....
The Dynamat works great for blocking the noise but I need to find something that will absorb it better. In big equipment the headliners are either felt like material or are perferated to absorb sound. If the tractor would fit in my garage I would start now but I'll wait till spring. The nice big heated cab has turned me in to a wimp. I am so used to blowing snow on a open tractor, I still put on a hat gloves and coat. And that usually is off in about 15 min. CJ

Yes, something like the egg-crate foam would work albeit it's not very appealing.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a three-car garage, but it's not high enough to get tractor in. I also have a shed w/ 8/12 pitch gable that I had my ck20s and associated implements stored. I think that I can modify my shed to barely squeeze the 335 in. It's going to take modifying the gable end and either use some sort of swing doors on top of the six foot doors in place now or making new doors at 96" and modifying the gable end to allow the doors to fit. It won't be easy, but I think it's a project that can be accomplished with a little thought.