Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Silver Member gkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    121
    Location
    Shepherdstown
    Tractor
    Bocat CT335 HST Cab

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    What are the hooks sticking out behind the cab for?

    Good question! I've been wondering that myself. So far, i haven't seen anything in the manual.
    Bobcat CT335 Hydro Cab w/ BobTach FEL, 72" Box Blade, 72" finish mower, 3pt spreader, 1000 lb. roller, tow-along 30 gal. sprayer

  2. #42
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by gkm View Post
    Good question! I've been wondering that myself. So far, i haven't seen anything in the manual.
    I assumed they were some type of stop for the rear window and never gave it any more thought than that, but now that you ask, I notice it has nothing to do with the window. Interesting, I'd love to know, it can't be for nothing, it cost them something to put them there.

  3. #43
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,150
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I assumed they were some type of stop for the rear window and never gave it any more thought than that, but now that you ask, I notice it has nothing to do with the window. Interesting, I'd love to know, it can't be for nothing, it cost them something to put them there.
    Lift tabs for putting on the cab??? complete guess! CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by CJONE View Post
    Lift tabs for putting on the cab??? complete guess! CJ
    I can't come up with anything better, but I'd think they'd find another way since there's big cost involved in steel, paint and labour over the number of tractors they produce. Also doesn't seem to be at a balance point. Rigging up a jig to lift the cab would seem cheaper and easier.

    The only other thing I can think of is an option that isn't standard, but I've never heard of one and can't think of what it could be. Hopefully one of the dealers here chims in.

  5. #45
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    I happened to be driving by my dealer yesterday so I had to stop and ask him about the hooks. CJONE is right, they are for moving the cabs around during assembly and have no purpose to the finished tractor. He claims he's seen pictures of the assembly line with the cabs hanging by those hooks. I looked but couldn't find any.

    It has me thinking about all sorts of things like lights, tool holders etc.

  6. #46
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,150
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I happened to be driving by my dealer yesterday so I had to stop and ask him about the hooks. CJONE is right, they are for moving the cabs around during assembly and have no purpose to the finished tractor. He claims he's seen pictures of the assembly line with the cabs hanging by those hooks. I looked but couldn't find any.

    It has me thinking about all sorts of things like lights, tool holders etc.
    I don't hear I am right very often!! Any way I will be using them for a mount for my roof guard I am going to build this summer. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

  7. #47
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by CJONE View Post
    I don't hear I am right very often!! Any way I will be using them for a mount for my roof guard I am going to build this summer. CJ
    LOL, I'd print it out and hang it on the wall if somebody ever put it in writting for me! We need a "Pimp my cab" thread now that they left us a perfect bracket to work with. I'm thinking of light bars like Paul (4shorts) and maybe some kind of holder for chains if I can design something that looks good and works well. I look forward to seeing your roof guard, I was just quoted $1400 for a new roof, so it's worth your time.

  8. #48
    Silver Member gkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    121
    Location
    Shepherdstown
    Tractor
    Bocat CT335 HST Cab

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by CJONE View Post
    Lift tabs for putting on the cab??? complete guess! CJ
    I thought that, but there's a "no lift" sign on my tractor on both hooks?
    Bobcat CT335 Hydro Cab w/ BobTach FEL, 72" Box Blade, 72" finish mower, 3pt spreader, 1000 lb. roller, tow-along 30 gal. sprayer

  9. #49
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    295
    Location
    Outside of Detroit, MI
    Tractor
    DK50SE Cab

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gkm View Post
    I thought that, but there's a "no lift" sign on my tractor on both hooks?
    I'm just guessing here, but I'd say they are not wanting you to lift the whole tractor from those points. With the cab not attached, all is fair.

  10. #50
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,150
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

    Default Re: Changed Colors....

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    LOL, I'd print it out and hang it on the wall if somebody ever put it in writting for me! We need a "Pimp my cab" thread now that they left us a perfect bracket to work with. I'm thinking of light bars like Paul (4shorts) and maybe some kind of holder for chains if I can design something that looks good and works well. I look forward to seeing your roof guard, I was just quoted $1400 for a new roof, so it's worth your time.
    Your thread on the roof repair motivated me on the guard. $1400 for a piece of junk plastic if just foolish. I had 10' of treetop fall next to me last summer when I was removing a dead tree, that would have exploded the so called roof. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. Well I Finally Changed Tractor Colors
    By Bulldogger in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 07:31 AM
  2. MF colors
    By flusher in forum General Vintage Tractors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 07:55 AM
  3. Tiller Tiller colors: Do matching colors matter?
    By HayDR in forum Attachments
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 05:43 PM
  4. New Colors
    By Muhammad in forum News/Feedback
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-06-2000, 09:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.