DK55 year comparison

/ DK55 year comparison #1  

dhawken

Tractor
07 Kubota Bx2350
Hello all, I was hoping someone more historically knowledgeable could shed some info on the following. I'm in the market for a DK50 or DK55, waffling on HST at the moment. I've found a couple used ones in the area, but we have a great dealer close by so new is not out of the question. The two used models currently out there are as follows:

2008 DK55 w/cab - 137 hours - KL551 loader
2010 DK55 w/cab - 492 hours - i believe this would be the newer loader

First question is a confirmation of the loader on the 2010 - i've sent a message to the seller about this. If it is the newer one, how do the two compare?

While I consider 500 hours almost new, there is quite a diff on the hours. ~500 in two years vs ~150 in 4 years could indicate usage I imagine. Does anyone have thoughts on this difference?

Third, what are the other changes if any (cab, cosmetic, mechanical) between these two years?

Finally, i'm not averse to new - what are everyone's thoughts on the new models available?

Thank you very much!
Daryl

EDIT: My mistake, i thought the 551 was the older loader and the 4digit model numbers were the newer ones, but I think its the opposite in fact.

Last edited:
   / DK55 year comparison #2  
Older ones had some head gasket issues, but I can't tell what years they fell into. Personally I'd want to go with newer model year, but you have to decide on that. I'd definitely look at new too, since that seems like you might get most satisfaction from having a factory warranty and starting out fresh. Check out cost of money on financing old vs. new. New is always lower rate.
Newer loaders have no self-leveling feature.
I have had two DK series, and both with HST- I like it. Currently have 500 hours on DK-40/se/hst.