New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #1  

jdX595

Tractor
Kioti DK45SE Cab Tractor
Well, after over a year of debating, weighing my options, toiling over brands, I finally made the decision to go with the Kioti DK45SE Cab Tractor with KL-401 Loader. Kleis Equipment in Constantia, NY delivered it today and I very impressed with the non-pressure sale and what I feel was a very fair deal. I think I made the right decision. I took it for a spin to show to my neighbor down the street and at 19 degrees the heat was awesome - everything seems great. I can't wait to get some practial use out of it.

My plans are to get a root rake and start clearing out the brush from about 57 acres of woods. I am looking at the Skid Steer Express Root Grapple Skid Steer Attachments Pallet Forks Hay Spears Bobcat Cat John Deere Mount Plate and I was wondering what the thoughts are on this and/or if anyone has purchased one. They are showing a $1,575.00 price with $75.00 shipping to a residence. Just looking for input to be prepared for some heavy duty brush clearing in a climate controlled cab this summer. Thanks in advance.

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #2  
Congrats, great choice, but i might be biased! Careful clearing bush with the cab and protect the antenna before you start, you will ripe it off and possibly punch a hole in the roof. Its a good idea to beef up the grill guard.

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #3  
:welcome: To the pack!

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #4  
Congrats! Go over to the "Attachments" sub forum and search "grapple" & there are some real good threads on several popular brands. Be careful grubbing, you grill, radiator, rad fan, hydraulic & electrical connections are vulnerable to sticks. There has been quite a discussion on a belly pan for out DK tractors...they really need one. If you weld put some heavy mesh in the grill guard.

Things sticks have grabbed on my tractor: one rad fan(took every blade clean off), dis-connected several hyd connections, one engine side shield/access panel(the 3' long grey one...then I ran over it), one dent in the front grill, & broke off one bucket level indicator rod.

Enjoy that cab...I'm envious!

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #5  
You will love the tractor, I have well over 200 hours on my 12 and it has been trouble free. Ken has good advise, the roofs are very fragile on these units so operate accordingly. I will be building a full guard for mine this year both the roof and bellypan. 1 thing I did that makes a huge difference is put walkway grating on the backside of my grapple so sticks and small trees can't poke through it into the front of the tractor. CJ

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #6  
& broke off one bucket level indicator rod.

You don't own a Kioti if you haven't wadded up your bucket level indicator rod at least once:)

James K0UA

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #7  
Congrats! Go over to the "Attachments" sub forum and search "grapple" & there are some real good threads on several popular brands. Be careful grubbing, you grill, radiator, rad fan, hydraulic & electrical connections are vulnerable to sticks. There has been quite a discussion on a belly pan for out DK tractors...they really need one. If you weld put some heavy mesh in the grill guard.

Things sticks have grabbed on my tractor: one rad fan(took every blade clean off), dis-connected several hyd connections, one engine side shield/access panel(the 3' long grey one...then I ran over it), one dent in the front grill, & broke off one bucket level indicator rod.

Enjoy that cab...I'm envious!

You sound like me, you actually use your tractor!! I bent my indicator rod, broke off the antenna and bent [a little] one of the lower side panels. That was the first 50 hours, the last 150+ have been good. CJ

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor #9  
Good choice on DK40, great tractor.

/ New 2012 DK45SE Cab Tractor
Thanks everyone. Some good points and things I did not think about. I took the tractor in the woods yesterday, just to see how it handled. The cab is quite tall and I learned quickly that I have to always be aware of all objects. It does have awesome power. I actually had to use it this morning to clear over a foot of snow. My wife even got on it after I went to work and cleared another foot of snow by noon. She was always a 'Green' tractor fan, but after a half hour in the warm cab with the radio playing and she loved it. It is nice when the better half likes the equipment as much as I do.
I am going to check out palletforks.com as they have a good looking Root Grapple rake and a lot of positive feedback on the attachment forum. Thanks again everyone.